The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2002, 01:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default razz

Fortunately, the North Korean missle technology doesn't provide them with much range, much less the 13,000+ to any part of the contiguous US. And they don't yet possess the full technology to put a nuke warhead together. They are a threat, to be dealt with later, but hopefully, not much later. The one major plus we have in this area is the South Korean Army, ready to counter-attack anything the north offers. We have no such luxxury in southwest Asia, aka Iraq.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2002, 05:28 PM

I heard a politician state the following,:North Korea is a poor country, lets start off with Economic Sanctions". Well does anyone doubt that North Korea will sell their nuclear devices to the highest bidder when there ain't no rice in the bowl? Does anyone have proof that deals have not been made for nuclear devices?
I do not trust any country that is full hatred and envy of the United States and since we have been at war with both countries in the past(on their homeland) with only a cease fire in Korea and Sadam thumbing his nose in Iraq, I am just not green enough to think that Bin Laden isn't scoping out the next move based on our actions with N.Korea and Iraq.
I don't worry as much about missle delivery of nuke's as I do of suitcase delivery.
Old 10-20-2002, 10:18 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default me too...

Quote:
I don't worry as much about missle delivery of nuke's as I do of suitcase delivery
but they don't even need that. We found that out on 9/11.

And then there is Bin Laden. Remember that guy? Not much being said about him these days. Still think he is in the South of France.

Bin Laden & Waldo

same/same
different name
look at the big picture
and see the big game...

There is a cook
will call him Sam
he says osama
ran off to Iran

search for him high
look for him low
ask Rumsfield
hell he don't know

ask me ask you
not one of us
has a clue

my Irish mind
begins to think
the whole damn
thing is beginning
to stink

could it be? is it true?
his money bought him
a face brand new

is he singin' a new song?

on a beach
in the South of France
with a babe in a thong?

by arrow Feb 7, 2002
Old 10-20-2002, 10:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I do have fears.....

It does bother me the leaders now in power are all of our generation and avoided Vietnam. It bothers me that rarely does a major war occur that the conceptions at the start of the war are not looked upon by history as so very naive. And religious wars, their very names should give pause: the Thirty Years War, the Hundred Years War. Like most people, I see no way to avoid this war. We seem to have no recourse to the situation at hand. But if it is like most other major confrontations we have no real idea of the course of the war, who will be drawn into it or what it will be like when it is over.
Old 10-21-2002, 03:50 AM

Doc I do agree with what you say about seeing no way to avoid this war but when it's over you and I and the world won't care because everyone will be burned,blind,and dieing!
razz
Old 10-21-2002, 02:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sis and all...

No doubt?s the road to victory over Islamic terrorism will eventually lead through Riyadh, one way for another-it all depends on circumstances. If the Islamic fundamentalists topple the Saudi family monarchy, we go, right now, out of absolute necessity. Sure, US business owns about 49% of Aramco and I doubt the US will let that go without one hell of a scrap and are not about to give the fundamentalists that kind of wealth and global leverage, no way. When we get our collective act together it will be clear that the Sunni Wahabi Clerics have the Saudi family by the nads and are squeezing hard, real hard and thus far the Saudi Princes are coughing up the loot just to appease the Clerics and hang onto power.

But eventually, the Clerics have to be stopped/silenced or this murderous insanity will go on and on and on. Nothing new happening at all on as these Wahabi Clerics have been ranting, hollering and threating and up to their armpits in a blood bath since C.E.950 and no end in sight. The difference now is that they have the funding they extort from the Saudi family to carry on with their projects like the Taliban, Al-Qaeda, the destructive Madrassah and Lord only knows what else. Personally, I see them as an extra governmental force that are only using the Saudi family and Saudi Arabia as a cover of legitimacy, a source of funding and recruits that are willing to splatter all and rest in pieces for the Wahabi cause. As we press forth on our Saudi cause I hope we don?t make the mistake of killing off the hostages and the terrorists. And of course, the world would be a better place if the Saudi monarchy went by the boards as well. But I don?t necessarily see that nearly as important as busting up the driving force within Saudi Arabia that is bringing the world to the edge of a real no B.S religious war. Maybe it?s the final war spoken of in Revelations, who knows for sure.

Iraq is a different matter as they are a secular, nationalist, Nation-State that has way too many ambitions and way too many really nasty weapons and way too bad a track record to be accommodated in this ever shrinking world. Push comes to shove, I could care less if Saddam hangs out in power but I do want all, and I mean all, of his nasty toys destroyed. That done, the rest will take care of it?s self as there are aplenty of serious regional paybacks headed toward Saddam. I think that would be nice if his neighbors settled his hash and got all their paybacks collected. That works for me. But if it is necessary for Saddam to have something really hot and fast up his attitude, and butt, it wouldn?t hurt my feelings if that came from a US strike jet in the form of a smiling, courteous and not so friendly smart bomb.

Scamp
Old 10-21-2002, 03:06 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Thumbs up Scamp

you sure do save this girl a lot of extra typing and computer time. Thanks for speaking my mind. I'm right behind you.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:03 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default ps.

I can't help it. Everytime I see some talking head speculating about the need for us to go in and do house to house fighting in Bagdad my blood runs cold. I just don't want to give our youth up to something as you said will sooner or later take care of it self.