The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2002, 07:01 AM

Angry THC Slanders Nam Vets

When I'm up I usually have The History Channel on the tube playing in the background. Well, this AM I catch an ad for a history on the US Army, a show that will be on tonite. The promo for this HISTORY' See how the Army changed from a loser in Viet Nam to a Gulf War Juggernaut." How Long Oh Lord do we have to continue to have this BS passed on us? It seems that the lack of control THC showed on their forums has passed to their TV staff.or maybe it's just one stupid A-hole who's been shifted to the TV side. I wish one of these "knowledgeable and judgemental" people could spend a couple nights in my dreams and in my memories . If they could ,I don't think "loser" would be the term they would throw around so easily. I love my country but I really don't give a damn about 99% of this society. i had to vent on this one but I hope yall have a real good day, I'm getting on the bike and taking a ride and try to "destress"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2002, 07:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up TOURCH

Sometimes it takes more than one tank of gas before your head gets on right. Enjoy the ride bro, don't mean nothing.
Old 05-03-2002, 07:58 AM

Angry Reply to History Channel

xgrunt, I sent the following message to the History Channel on thier web site:

I am a Vietnam vet and proud of it.
Your advertisment on the up coming history of the U.S. Army saying that the Army were losers in Vietnam is a bald faced lie and an insult to the thousands that gave their life in that war.
Are you going to have the traitor Jane Fonda narrate the program? Your choice of words are unfortunate and insulting to a lot of brave men.
The politicians refused to let the Army win the war in Vietnam and that was the only difference between Vietnam and Desert Storm.
You are the losers for saying that on public TV.

Edgar Tullar
Vietnam Veteran

I am sure it will make not one bit of difference but it made me feel better
Old 05-03-2002, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I sent email to them as well.

Hello,
I would like to bring to your attention the highly offensive nature of one of your commercials airing today 5-3-02. The commercial describes a show to air tonight and references the Vietnam era Army as losers. This is unacceptable language and obviously written by someone who was not there. I myself am a Gulf War vet and while you lent praise to our action in the same promo spot you must fail to realize that if the actions leading up to the Gulf War were not fought and won our country might not even exist today. I would recommend that you remove this highly offensive commercial from your programming out of respect for the the men and women who gave their lives and blood in Vietnam and could never be termed losers.
Respectfully,
David Bailey
webmaster
http://www.patriotfiles.com

If anyone has a phone number (I could not find one on the site) please post it. Not only do they need to retract the spot they also need to issue an apology.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I feel for you guys...

...After seeing the habits of THC over the last 2 years regarding their site, and how it doesn't give a rats ass about anyone there, how can you expect them to be any different regarding their programing on TV...
...BUT, to come out, and deliberately call the men that fought the Viet Nam "losers" is a blatant slap in the face, and can not be tolerated...
...If, and when it is "aired", and if it is addressed under that format/theme, I would hope that every Viet Nam Veteran FLOODS their office, and fax mechines, and e-mails with so much negitive rebuttal that they have no other recourse ,but to apoligize to every Viet Nam Veteran, postbellum, or they'll have one...
I for one will sign any petition that arises demanding that it never hit the screen under that format of, again, ..."losers"...

...how can you men, and women band together, and form a Nationwide voice of disapproval over this, other then here...

wish I could help other then telling all you that I feel for you, and know that all of you suffered more then any of you deserved, and

now 35 years later, their going to rub your faces in shit again, get mad, and get typing...
...what is the e-mail to send them a letter?????
Welcome home, my door will always be open for any of you!!!
"C"

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-03-2002, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

The email form is located on the website Seatjerker. I posted my letter as an open letter on mil.com, vets.com, and the usenet groups as well.

A petition might not be a bad idea if we can get ahold of an address to send it to. There is petition sofware located at http://www.libertyfiles.com if someone would like to start one. I for one would sign it. Not only should the spot be removed but an apology is in order.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Unhappy

Grunt,
I?ll watch the program and check out the message. If as advertised, then it is just so much more trash that sets about perpetuating the myth. Oppositely, if they get about the core issues, there may be some interest to it. The core issue as I see it is that there were excellent forces in Vietnam and the term ?looser? certainly can?t be assigned to any forces I was familiar with; USN Operation Time, 2/5 Marines, Army Americal Division, Marine Helicopter Aviation, Marine Detachments and LPH-FMF. However I can?t say enough pitiful stuff about the Saigon?s Pasture St. fluffies (CIA) and the never-ending misdirection plays coming out of the front office in DC. In general, if Pasture St. or some DC ?frendlies? had details about an operation, ya were screwed before ya set out. Now that?s what I call a looser. All in all, it would seem that crummy politicians, out of control intelligence Opps and self-serving media types/agendas should be getting the black brush and losers crown to fit on their pointy heads. We?ll see what we see I suppose. But anyhow, have a good ride and let em pop and crack a bit.

Fair seas, Bill
Old 05-03-2002, 09:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I just sent this off...

...see...I, William C. Giles write to you in regards to the programming that has been listed on your commercial of 05/03/02
I, being a 30 % service connected Disabled American Veteran, and being a Service Officer for Chapter #38 of the DAV in Troy N.Y. take deep offense to the labeling of your upcoming programming regarding the Vietnam Veterans as "losers"...
I demand to see a retraction of this theme, and express that "The History Channel" issue an apology to every man, and women that ever served in the Vietnam war over the airwaves of "The History Channel"
I will be writing to your advertisers and advising them of the nature of your programming, and the biased nature of it in regards to the Vietnam Veterans, and reminding them that a boycott of their products will arise Nationwide due to your portrayal of such indignity of such honorable men, and women...
I expect an imeadate responce to this matter, and will be in contact with Service officers on a state, and National level....
William C Giles
Service Officer Chapter #38
Troy N.Y. 12180 if I can paste it...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-03-2002, 09:46 AM

Cool Post Ride relaxing

Scamp, I heard the promo several times and it's a basic message. I won't know until tonite the bias of the program but I DO know that sound-bite was Nam=Losers. I sent an e-mail bitch to the corparate swine in charge[CSIC} but I don't believe they give a damn .
Old 05-03-2002, 11:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default THC HAS ALWAYS BEEN BIASED!

I am not surprised at all on THC's ad. Have not heard it yet but would be real surpised if ANYBODY from that organizaion writes back about it.

How long will this shit go on? As long as the war is taught as a big loss and us as losers in our failing Government owned schools, and by assholes that work for Big T.V. who were probably long hairs in college who burned their draft cards and pissed up our legs.

Screw them! Sure am proud of all of us, Vietnam Vets or not, and especially proud of you that write them and complain. I guarentee that my letter would only perpetuate the stereo-type.

One Pissed Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)