The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2002, 07:29 PM

Question To those of us who

fought with personal weapons and up close. I have something I'm pararphrasing that I would like your comments on." We're not afraid of the enemy, What scares us is the violent person who lives quietly inside us waiting to be released by that rage we can't control and is always ready to make it's appearance at any moment of anger." I know I'm scared of the way I react to some situations,my rage is way beyond what is called for. xgrunt :cd:
Old 08-25-2002, 08:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Unhappy

I call it the "monster ". Sorry folks but I picked up my daughter. whom I love more than I could ever express and threw her into the wall , cause of what she said to me not to long ago. God bless us one and all .
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 08:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default America...

...where are you now, ...
...don't you care about,
...your son's, and daughters...
...America... where are you now........

..Steppenwolf.... monster...

...we're all here, be it what we all are...
...canned up, awaiting the next arrising...

..waitng for the sun.................................

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-26-2002, 08:35 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post Anger

A lot of that anger is turned inward even if we don't actually "act out". That anger turns into depression which is why a lot of us take meds and NEED to. Giving into the anger or depression is letting the ba$tard win. Screw the monster, don't give him the satisfaction of letting him win.
Sorry, this is Paco's turf, just speaking from my own experiences.

Stay healthy, be cool,
Andy
Old 08-26-2002, 10:49 AM

I don't know many that don't have a flash point. It depends on each individual to keep it in check. I've only lost my cool twice in my life and I regret each of those times.

My wife say's it sure takes a lot for you to loose it. All I know is that once it goes off I can't shut it down - if you know what I mean.

I drink beer only because I know what hard liquor does to me. Its a jeckle and hide sort of thing.

I can only suggest that when things build up like they do in each of us to know when its coming. Pressure or stress will kill you sooner than later.

If something has been bothering you talk to a stranger and unload it all to him or her. Then its off your chest and you can move on. I've been doing this for years and it really helps.

Don't bury it - it will eat you up and leave a real sorry mess later.
I know - I've been there.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 08-26-2002, 10:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default I know a guy

Who was not all that close, but has this inner violent rage which he covers up so well, that most people think he is a meek and mild type of guy. It gets a little better with age, but still happens, uncontrolable in his 50's. I think he fights it most every day. I didn't know there were other people like this and I don't understand why this rage is there. Why?
Old 08-26-2002, 10:57 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default That Monster...

Or Demon,which is what I call it,needs to be attacked front on and severely beaten..And every time he rears his ugly head,open another can of whup-ass.Andy`s right-this is probably best left to Paco and the pros,but this is what works for me.Trying to supress it only leads to the Bastard manifesting himself somewhere else in ones emotions.When I went through the six week PTSD inpatient program at American Lake,I found that anger was the single most difficult obstacle to try and overcome-And it still is-nearly five years later.But things are much better.Meds have worked wonders for me,but I realize that it`s not the answer for everyone.Bottom line is:There IS help available if you seek it out.I have got some publications on anger management that I would be honored to share.PM with snail-mail address if interested.

Peace,Griz
Old 08-26-2002, 06:36 PM

Default Thanks phuloi

but I went thru 2- 8 week in patient programs at Tuskeegee and one five week program. I've been thru at least 6 anger management groups. I tried meds but they seemed to increase the problem. I've found the only solution for me is to stay away from most people and deal mainly with those like me[other nam vets] that inner rage worked well for me in my younger years when i was running the highways as a scooter tramp but now in my early fifties i'm trying to calm that monster down so that I can enjoy whats left of my time on earth. Staying out of bars has helped too. I started this post because I wanted to hear how the monster affected other vets. But I know that as long as I have to deal with the VA medical system as my primary care givers the monster will continue to reside inside me. Take care and love to Kati :cl:
Old 08-26-2002, 07:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Was going to type a long reply 'with my one finger ' but just want to say Welcome Home , to everyone. Glad we are here
Old 08-26-2002, 07:25 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default monsters

Last night I saw upon the stair a little man who wasn't there, He wasn't there again today, Oh how I wish he'd go away.

I'm with you Frank,