The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2004, 06:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default 25 years ago,...

...Tonight,...

...Time has moved on, but the memories have not,...

......I have learned to live with the horrors that happened that fateful night, but only through the Brother, and Sisterhood of the people that I have met here, and conversed with, for without all of you through these last 5 years, I would be singin' with the lonely choir,...

...25 years ago i took on a gunman, dragged a woman, and her infant child out from under the man that was shot, and disarmed the gunman, I did my duty, I guess it just takes a long time to come to grips with all of it after burying it away for the first 19, no remorse, no regrets, I dreaded this day coming for a long time, but now realize that it just like anyother, the sun will rise again tomorrow, and the good Lord still blesses even me, why I don't know, but he does,...

...The bag of rocks doesn't seem as heavy, I know there are many others that have been through much worse, maybe the scratch in my record smoothed out, and other problems reqire more intrest to solve, or overcome, although it looks as if PTSD have claimed my marrage, I have learned that I do still have my honor, and my faith, and that people here have never waivered in their belief in me, and the truth's I have spoken,...

...I can never change the past, just the future, we are all winners as we are alive,...

...We remember the dead as they should be honored for their sacrifices in the highest,"May the rest in peace", they sit at the right hand of God,...

...Names need noth be mentioned as you are all included in my thanks for walking the baby steps with me, my guts don't churn, and the night screams ar not muted but I'm "keepin movin",...

...no key to the city, or medal could ever replace the friends I have found here, In a way I'm glad I walked away down there back then, cuz i never would have found all of you,...

...Be well,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2004, 06:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Curtis, nothing can diminish the courage and compassion you showed that day. The deed was far more significant than any recognition you could have gotten. Just keep faith in yourself. It sounds like you are. Being responsible for kids helps with that I am sure. The good deeds you have and will do define you. Hang in there, buddy.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Your right Curtis , many of this group have traveled together for several years helping each other when ever we can. Glad you left Terror behind and so glad I met Curtis last April. Keep movin brother and i'll see you again soon.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:47 AM

Hey Curtis - you and your family have a Happy Holiday and New Years.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 12-02-2004, 08:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks Curtis
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Doc.2/47

Curtis,
Sounds to me like you've turned a corner,reached a mile stone,are steppin off with more than baby steps,however you'd prefer to put it.Can't think of anyone I'd rather see that happen with.

"Don't mean nothin" DOES mean somethin.I think it means that however world-shatterin an event might be,there ain't a damn thing we can do to change it and we've STILL got a job ta do even if that job is just stayin alive and keepin faith with our fallen.
If we totally focus on the past we miss out on sunsets and rainbows and soft warm women an fresh caught trout an cuddley babies an soft warm women an puppies an kids' graduations an soft warm...
Old 12-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Seat

You are a Cop? Where?
Retireing? You made it, Im impressed. Ive got around 2-3 more years then I can forget all this crazy stuff. Maybe.

Ron
Old 12-05-2004, 04:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron,...

...Cop,???,...

...I am not a police officer, wanted to be, but couldn't with the arm injury, work hard one day hurts for three, actually wanted to join and be fire protection, but was informed I was three pounds under weight to qualify, probably the recruiter lied to me just to get me in egress, hard slot to fill as there wasn't much requirement in the civilian world after thhe military,...

..."duty" was protection for innocent civilians that night as we all swore to "protect against all enemies, "forgien', and 'domestic", thats how I believe it meant anyway,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 12-05-2004, 05:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

That's exactly what it ment Curtis. Ya done good.