The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2006, 08:20 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default FYI - Great News On HR 2369,

FYI - Great News On HR 2369, Honor Our Fallen Prisoner of War Act

I have been informed by the congressman that HR 2369 has passed in the House of Representatives and is now on its way to the Senate for action! I truly hope that this news was correct!

On Friday, while filming a piece for ?FOX NEWS NATIONAL? on this Bill, as well as the actions that have been taken thus far in attempting to get it passed it into law, I was informed by a congressman's office that the ?Honor Our Fallen Prisoner of War Act? has taken a giant leap forward! Now that I was told that it has passed the House, the next step is the Senate, where the word is that this Bill may be included in the ?2007 Defense Authorization Act!??

Without the magnificent help of all of the patriotic veterans? organizations, the members of congress, the media, and indeed, each and every citizen who felt as we do about honoring (posthumously), those who gave up their lives in enemy Prisoner of War Camps, this Bill could never have made it this far.

I want to thank you all for your dedication to our nation, your patriotism and your earnest desire to see to it that those who perished as POWs from causes such as starvation, torture, disease, medical neglect, freezing to death, etc., are not forgotten and are finally awarded the posthumous Purple Heart Medal that they deserve....

?Thank you again, and please keep up the great work in backing this Bill (now in the Senate I am told), until it finally becomes law!?

Sincerely,

Rick and Brenda

P.S. Attended a political debate in Chula Vista this evening (7-9 PM PST) and it was reaffirmed by the congressman that the Bill had passed the House. I checked on House.Gov and it has not been listed as yet? So like everyone else, I will just have to wait until it is posted. Probably when the Congressman gets back in D.C. (I Hope!)