The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2006, 04:56 AM
Doc.2/47

Well...I've been sitting here trying to remember any single sentence I heard made in Vietnam that could be quoted directly without the use of what some consider a profain or obscene word. Haven't managed it yet. I probably have a dirty memory. Re-wording what someone has said invariably loses something,sometimes "flavor",sometimes truth. Maybe we should have had better training in acceptable speech before being sent over. Then perhaps a casuality might have said:

"Golly. Gee whiz. I do believe my leg and gonads have been blown off!"

instead of more common actual remarks.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2006, 05:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hal
LMMFAO over that last sentence
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

No censorship !!!

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 05-11-2006, 06:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Gotta go with the majority so far.....NO CENSORSHIP!

Stick....this is in no way a put down but I hear people talking about the horrible shows there kids watch on TV. I hear them saying things like..."the government needs to do something about this". Well, the government in my home, (President Daddy and Vice President Mamma), did when I was young. They said what we can watch, read, or listen too. We did not have a vote. You are capable of censoring your grandchildren yourself.

It reminds me of today's "child guard lighters". Sometimes I have to get a child to show me how to use them. Child guard lighters aren't new. My daddy always had his Zippo and it was child proof. A child proof Zippo you say? Yep, he would set it down on his cigarettes and say...."BOY, DON'T TOUCH IT!" It was child proof.

Hal.....likewise with Bob....I can't stop laughing even as I type. Point WELL made.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 05-11-2006, 10:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default A

great BIG DITTO to what revwardoc, BoogerHead.. ..., Bill F, Hal and Paco have said!

PS--------Hal, you my friend are a ph--uck--ing RIOT!......

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I don't want my grandkids to have to listen to someone speaking obscenitites. I can control TV, I can't control it popping out where it is not expected. The TV ratings are not judgement on the content but rather just warnings for the parents. I think this site is primarily for the veterans so if anyone else wants to come here they or their guardians ought to know vets cuss. But when it comes to personal attacks or threats, we don't need it here. So to my mind George Carlin was wrong but Hal is right. Nothing against George but Hal is usually funnier too.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:49 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Doc....

Good points made regarding Veterans
and/or language normally used amongst
military types.

Once in Germany and in our Company/Troop
Mess Hall,...a table of 4 of us came up with a
typical ratio of foul words normally used during dinner.
About 1 out of every 3-4 words was
an explitive deleted.

A main & common concern amongst most Troopers,
was that if ever lucky to get home on leave they would
ask their mother to: "Pass the f--kin salt or pepper".

Besides, if foul words aren't totally spelled-out,...
how-the-hell-bad could they be, anyway?

Neil
Old 05-11-2006, 07:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I was raised in a

I was raised in a very strick religious home. Cussing wasn't allowed. Not even mild cussing or slang.
My parents said: you can say everything that needs to be said without cussing. Cussing just shows that people don't know how to use good English.
I still don't cuss, never have cussed. Just don't use those type of words. I don't want my Dad to think I grew up ignorant if he's up there looking down.
I think profanity is way over used in American Society. You can say everything that needs to be said without cussing.

Keith.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ahh,...

...the4 f***in' reply box don't come up quick enough,...

.....Ok, so I'm settle'in with my Philly cheese steak, and now is the time to offset this here argument,....

...this is America, home of the free, land of the "I gave my ass, and soul in a heartbeat that lasted a life time for you, so you can kiss my mother @#$%^ a$$ if i got to hit other keys to make an expletive,...

...but now down to a gentleman's English,...

...Ok this is what this site is about,...

...Here World ,...

...F*** You,...

...We've tried since man threw rocks to settle this out, but there has always been sum bitch that always got a "bitch" to settle bout sumtin that has everybody's knickers is a twist,(scanning through the years), an now here's a big boom in store for everyone, now dey got a conscience,...

...We swear, due to a lack of vocabulary at times as there are no other "correct words" to discribe them, or things that cannot be described in an ordinary facsimile, things that cannot be discribed by the ordinary mind, ( Ok, the bullet passed through him, and I swalloded flesh, and blood on then way by, and I can't see, my ears are ringing, and people are moving sooo slowly, I hear the bones breaking from the people that are trampling their neighbor, the screams from 10,000...

... I don't want to remember, but I have to, I cannot forget the muzzle flashes, and the next thing I know is people screaming, and the trampling the next to them,...

..."so they were "f***ing screaming", does that make it sound any more """"worse""""" then it already was,...

..."Deal with it",...

...There is always someone else that has dealt with something worse,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-12-2006, 06:00 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

I'm sorry Curtis but I don't buy that diatribe. Blamingour badbehavior on the level of paininflicted onusdoesn't fly with me. If anyone on this site would have the right to a few expletives deleted it would bePastor Keith. But he chose the path less traveled and forgave. We do what we do because we can.And that's a fact jack.When I'm closed in onafour lanedoin' 75 miles an hour andI've got a kid in a pickup on my bumper, he will get the California Howdy flown at him.Because I can. No excuses. End of story.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."