The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Farm chemicals - 50s-60s

You may reply here or on this forum, and I'll pass on your reply.

Quote:
I would like to hear from anyone who grew up on a crop farm during the '50's-mid 60's. My parents were abundant users of pesticides, fertilizers, chemicals for the fields. Any health problems? I've been diagnosed with ms & cfs. I don't believe it is a correct diagnosis. I was around the poisons all the time. I played on the sacks stacked in the barn. I got blistery rashes on my lower legs & around my eyes & severe gum sores/boils. One summer, most of my fingernails fell off after I inhaled the poison dust stuff for roses. We also had a swimming pool that was over chlorinated at all times. Weekly, a gallon of acid was dumped in the water. My skin burned all the time, especially at night. Always had a (slight) sore throat. Usually at sundown, I would get chills, a minor fever, sore throat & gland swellings. This still happens daily now. Along with severe bouts of insommnia.

Appreciate all the info. I can get.

Thanks,
Cheryl
She also shared with me that her mother used a lot of the household cleaning products that might be considered toxic.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2005, 02:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I grew up on Dairy Farm.

We also did some crop farm and had some crops sprayed by a Bi-Plane or Helicopter.

No health problems I know for me. A little mentally warped but that's normal in our family.

I had a good friend whose's son was accidently sprayed with the spray they put on Apple Trees.

Within a week or so his bone marrow stopped reproducing blood cells. He was on transfusions every couple of weeks for about a year. Then his bone marrow starting producing blood cells once again. He was about 10 when that happened. Hasn't any problems since. He is 37 or 38. Has his own family and doing well. But those chemicals just about killed him. That happened over 25 years ago and I don't know the name of the chemicals.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Drink more

2-butoxyethanol