The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 11:10 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Deleting Discussions

I was really disappointed to see the Gulf War I discussion deleted. Although there was disagreement (who says we have to agree all the time)some of the best commentary that I have read on the site was contained in that discussion. Griz expressed feelings of many that go unexpressed. Andy's post was one of the best he's ever wrote and he's wrote some good one's on this site. I would have liked the opportunity to copy paste their thoughts to my hard drive before they were deleted. It seems like such a waste of time and heartfelt emotion just to randomly knock down a thread with so much wisdom contained in it.

Arrow>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2003, 07:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default little sparrow

I agree with you. It was getting real interesting. I thought it was offensive to Gulf War veterans and to all the Navy guys. It may have been a good thing to have talked this one out.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-12-2003, 08:32 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Sis...glad you posted this. The discussion that was deleted was a good one in my opinion. I personally did not agree with Ron's thoughts but the thread did make me think about things that I have not thought about in a long time. I think that the group of people we now have can disagree on a topic without it becoming personal.

Ron...you and I have much in common. We are but combat veterans and "Dance with the Devil" once or twice a week. I feel a real connection with you, more so than with some of the others on this site. Take care brother!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif
Old 07-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I agree it should have stood. I assume Ron deleted it though and that was his prerogative as he started it.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-12-2003, 09:57 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

That's trueand adds even more to my disappointment.Please don't misunderstand me. That's the policy and it should stand. He who begins a thread may end it.It's just to bad there was such utter disregardof the collective wisdom of men that mean absolutely no harm to anyone on this board. Men that were only trying to bring some healing where it is sorely needed..

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif
Old 07-14-2003, 12:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

SPlummer

It was offencive. I work best with informed opinions, short of that, I'm not at my best.

Scamp
sendpm.gif
Old 07-14-2003, 01:04 PM

I would say a smart man/woman knows when to back out of something that goes awry. I've often started something and later regretted it.

If the post was pulled it must have been for a good reason - I won't second guess that issue as I have no control over the procedures used on this site.

Anything that is offensive should be removed if thats the road it was taking? If it becomes personal and that's an entire new issue all by itself. Rules are needed for just that reason.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread