Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2018, 09:16 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Mr. President ET AL.....

8-11-2018
Dear Mr. President Et Al;

Here are a few more of my personal opinions and thoughts for those partisan tattletales in D.C. [?] to ignore or to pass-on to political opposition factions?

For some time now, I have been attempting, to no apparent avail, to transmit my personal feelings and opinions about some of these nursing facilities around our nation! I know that my message is getting through from the attitudes that I am running into at one particular facility that my own mother was shanghaied into for what I personally believe to be purely financial reasons? Or could it be that an opposition political faction is disrupting and ignoring the entire issue in the hope of souring your prospects for re-election? “What ever it is, it is pissing me off no end!!”

Our elderly and infirmed, many of them veterans and honorable to the core, are certainly more deserving of consideration than this! And knowing that you are a thoughtful and caring man, I still assume that someone within the White House (or government) is withholding my feedback to you? (opinion)

As such, and in concern for my own mother, and everyone else s’ parents as well, I have taken the liberty (again) of enclosing the figures that I saw from ABC (Channel 10) I believe? And if, in effect, you are not getting copies of my concerns, then, and with all due respect, I have also taken the liberty of forwarding them out to every other media outlet around the nation that I can think of!

“Finally, and in closing, I can not believe that you are really getting my posts as concerns a few of these rest homes, for if you were, you would have certainly answered back by now?”

Hardcore

https://mediaassets.10news.com/inter...lity-data.html

---------------------------------------------------------
DATABASE: SKILLED NURSING FACILITIES
*An intake is "substantiated with deficient practice" if CDPH determines that one or more of the intake's allegations entailed a violation of state or federal regulation. Allegations may result in one or more deficiencies, or none at all if no violation of state or federal regulation had been noted.
Deficient practices cited by Field Operations are violations that may have been related to an allegation or may have been independently identified in the course of a survey.
These include complaints and entity reported incidents that were open prior to the reporting period.
San Diego County - Skilled Nursing Facilities Data Summary (1/1/2016 - 7/17/2018)

https://mediaassets.10news.com/inter...lity-data.html
Facility Name Allegation Deficient Practice (s) Found*
HILLCREST MANOR SANITARIUM 1 1
CARLSBAD BY THE SEA 3 2
AMAYA SPRINGS HEALTH CARE CENTER 17 10
BROOKDALE CARMEL VALLEY 17 10
FALLBROOK SKILLED NURSING 20 8
COTTONWOOD CANYON HEALTHCARE CENTER 8 3
MISSION HILLS POST ACUTE CARE 9 3
GLENBROOK 15 5
SOMERSET SUBACUTE AND CARE 28 8
ST. PAULS HEALTH CARE CENTER 7 2
VILLA POMERADO D/P SNF 11 3
MAGNOLIA POST ACUTE CARE 74 20
MISSION HILLS HEALTH CARE, INC" 38 10
ASTOR HEALTHCARE CENTER 71 18
VILLAGE SQUARE HEALTHCARE CENTER 57 14
PALOMAR HEIGHTS POST ACUTE REHAB 13 3
SAN DIEGO HEALTHCARE CENTER 120 26
VICTORIA POST ACUTE CARE 47 10
ESCONDIDO POST ACUTE REHAB 39 8
FREDERICKA MANOR CARE CENTER 30 6
SAN DIEGO POST-ACUTE CENTER 91 16

PARKWAY HILLS NURSING & REHABILITATION 97 17
LAS VILLAS DE CARLSBAD HEALTH CENTER 40 7
MOUNT MIGUEL COVENANT VILLAGE 18 3
CASA DE LAS CAMPANAS 12 2
GROSSMONT GARDENS HEALTH CARE CENTER 6 1
POINT LOMA POST ACUTE CENTER 177 29
LIFE CARE CENTER OF VISTA 49 8
SOUTH BAY POST ACUTE CARE 37 6
GROSSMONT POST ACUTE CARE 44 7
BRIGHTON PLACE SAN DIEGO 26 4
PALOMAR VISTA HEALTHCARE CENTER 26 4
BROOKDALE CARLSBAD 13 2
UNIVERSITY CARE CENTER 13 2
BOULDER CREEK POST ACUTE 68 10
COMMUNITY CARE CENTER 28 4
REDWOOD TERRACE HEALTH CENTER 14 2
GOLDEN HILL SUBACUTE & REHAB CTR 50 7
BRIGHTON PLACE SPRING VALLEY 37 5
VILLA LAS PALMAS HEALTHCARE CENTER 30 4
LEMON GROVE CARE AND REHABILITATION CENTER 46 6
REO VISTA HEALTHCARE CENTER 32 4
LA PALOMA HEALTHCARE CENTER 33 4
CLAIREMONT HEALTHCARE & WELLNESS CENTRE, LLC" 50 6
GRANITE HILLS HEALTHCARE & WELLNESS CENTRE, LLC" 42 5
LAS VILLAS DEL NORTE HEALTH CENTER 59 7
AVIARA HEALTHCARE CENTER 67 7
LIFE CARE CENTER OF ESCONDIDO 78 8
STANFORD COURT SKILLED NURSING & REHAB CENTER 49 5
VALLE VISTA CONVALESCENT HOSPITAL 40 4
PARADISE VALLEY HEALTH CARE 22 2
LA JOLLA NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER 100 9
COUNTRY HILLS HEALTH CARE CENTER 59 5
SHARP CHULA VISTA MED CTR SNF 12 1
ARBOR HILLS NURSING CENTER 61 5
FRIENDSHIP MANOR NURSING & REHAB CENTER 25 2
PARKSIDE HEALTH AND WELLNESS CENTER 27 2
JACOB HEALTH CARE CENTER, LLC" 41 3
ENCINITAS NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER 58 4
AVOCADO POST ACUTE 165 10
POWAY HEALTHCARE CENTER 50 3
THE COVE AT LA JOLLA 34 2
BALBOA NURSING & REHABILITATION CENTER 17 1
VILLA RANCHO BERNARDO CARE CENTER 179 9
REMINGTON CLUB HEALTH CENTER 22 1
THE SPRINGS AT PACIFIC REGENT 23 1
EDGEMOOR HOSPITAL 24 1
RANCHO VISTA 26 1
COUNTRY MANOR LA MESA HEALTHCARE CENTER 27 1
KEARNY MESA CONVALESCENT AND NURSING HOME 32 1
CARMEL MOUNTAIN REHABILITATION & HEALTHCARE CENTER 64 2
ARROYO VISTA NURSING CENTER 3 0
VI AT LA JOLLA VILLAGE 5 0
BELLA VISTA HEALTH CENTER 18 0
THE DOROTHY & JOSEPH GOLDBERG HEALTHCARE CENTER 4 0
VETERANS HOME OF CALIFORNIA - CHULA VISTA 8 0
LA MESA HEALTHCARE CENTER 13 0
VISTA KNOLL SPECIALIZED CARE FACILITY 48 9
WINDSOR GARDENS CONV CENTER OF SAN DIEGO 23 2
LAKESIDE SPECIAL CARE CENTER 9 0
VILLA CORONADO D/P SNF 9 0
THE BRADLEY COURT 2 0
CASTLE MANOR CONVALESCENT CENTER 17 0
CASA PALMERA CARE CENTER 7 0
THE ROYAL HOME 3 0
PALOMAR CONTINUING CARE CENTER D/P SNF 0 0
RADY CHILDREN'S CONVALESCENT HOSPITAL D/P SNF 0 0
WHITE SANDS OF LA JOLLA 1 0
MEADOWBROOK VILLAGE CHRISTIAN RETIREMENT COMMUNITY 0 0
GROSSMONT HOSPITAL D/P SNF 1 0
-------------------------------------------------
https://www.10news.com/longform/accu...e-nursing-home

Accusations of wrongful death & forged medical records at Mission Hills Health Care nursing home

Jennifer Kastner

Aug 9, 2018 | Updated 3 hours ago

A San Diego nursing home is accused of abusing and neglecting a patient. Team10 Investigative Reporter Jennifer Kastner has an exclusive interview with the man’s widow who also says that some of his medical records were forged. Now she’s suing the home over his death.

Carmen Thomason says her husband got severely ill because the staff at Mission Hills Health Care neglected him. He was rushed to the hospital and died within hours.

“We did everything together,” says Carmen of her late husband, George.

It was a marriage that others envied. It was playful, loyal and exciting. Yet it was ripped away, and so suddenly.

“He was perfectly fine and within a couple hours he was in full septic shock and my client was called and her husband never regained consciousness,” says attorney Vanessa Pena of her client. She is helping Thomason fight for justice for her late husband.

Carmen believes he was stripped of his dignity before his death, following an extended stay at the nursing home which is located on Washington Street by the 163.
'Severe septic shock'

Thomason weeps as she describes his deterioration. “I guarantee you wouldn't like to see a few things that I encountered,” she adds. She tells us he had been in the nursing home for a year and a half. He first went there after suffering a fall. She says he stayed longer because of his dementia and needed skilled treatment to recover.

According to the lawsuit, during his stay, he contracted scabies seven times and contracted multiple urinary tract infections. The court paperwork also reports that one time he was found by a nurse face down on the floor and he was crying that he hit his head in the fall. However, the suit reveals that he was never taken to the hospital and his family was never called.

In May of 2015, the lawsuit adds that he was rushed to the emergency room in “severe septic shock” from a urinary tract infection. According to the complaint, a "feeding tube was most likely placed into his colon and not his stomach".

There are several more graphic details, but 10News is withholding them out of respect for the family.

George was dying

George was dying. Carmen put on jazz, which was his favorite type of music. She said ‘goodbye.'

“He opened his eyes and looked up and after that he just [left],” she tearfully describes.

She now believes the nursing home forged some of his medical records. Pena sent us a document, reportedly from the nursing home, that shows he received physical therapy on Tuesday, the 12th of May in 2015.

However, Pena also sent us a hospital record that shows he was admitted to UCSD Medical Center a day earlier, on the 11th.

The hospital record reports that he later expired, or died, during the hospital stay. “He's on his deathbed at the hospital. How could [the nursing home] be doing physical therapy on him?” asks Pena.

The facility only has two stars, which is below average

This is the second time that the nursing home has been sued for "wrongful death".

A settlement was reached over a lawsuit last year in which a family's loved one apparently suffered from "severe sepsis" stemming from neglect, according to the complaint.

A few years ago, another settlement was reached in a third suit brought against the home by a woman claiming negligence and elder abuse, among other complaints.

On Medicare.gov, the facility only has two stars, which is below average.

At 10news, we spent weeks working to get state records for all the complaints against local nursing homes since 2016.

Out of the 90 San Diego County homes that the California Department of Public Health investigated, Mission Hills Health Care took 13th place for the highest percentage of substantiated allegations. That means it didn't comply with state or federal regulations in a quarter of all of the allegations made by the public.

It ranked in 5th place when looking at similar complaints that came directly from healthcare facilities. There was noncompliance in about a quarter of all those allegations.

The home declined to comment about the Thomason case, but court records reveal it denies all the allegations.
“There has to be accountability for what happened,” adds Thomason, who is planning to keep up her fight.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:05 AM

Exclamation Terrible - Just Terrible

I hope she sues the shit out of them. I'd also get on the CA personnel who monitor these facilities. 99% of the are just after the SS money and their clients savings. They get and personnel who can't work in hospitals who call themselves nurse's or aides. I've had a few relatives in those homes - my last Uncle Butch who passed away not long ago was one. It was disgusting to see his room and lack of circulation. The food was terrible. I won't mention the facility but its well know and as had many other's at this so called retirement or hospes resort!

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote