The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2002, 02:28 PM

Default Long Weekend Coming - Got Plans?

Bought a 96 Jeep since my old truck 83 Chevy wasn't doing well and my wife wouldn't ride in it anymore - think we will pick up the Grand Daughter and take her to the Zoo?

Hey guy's since I've come on board I haven't really thanked many of you for your comments and feedback. Thanks a bunch I've found some comfort in many of the threads - some really funny and some really sad - but here again its an outlet to vent and share thoughts.

Some day I would hope I could run into some of you during my travels and we could exchange a few beers.

Have a good Holiday and the best to you and your familes.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2002, 05:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Your Welcome!

It's a pleasure havin' you on board ol' salt!

Will be at the Southern 500 in Darlington on Sunday, probably the beach on Saturday, and will be flakeing out on Monday cooking ribs on the grill!

Have a good weekend ya'll!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 08-29-2002, 08:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

Well the plan was to go camping..and we may still..but today and part of tomorrow looks like I will be replacing a head gasket. After I kick the car a zillion times!
Old 08-29-2002, 08:58 AM

plan on playing golf all weekend let the wife take the grandkids anywhere she takes them most of the time it's here she always takes them home before i start drinking again packo hope you have a good time at the races just to many people for me.
razz
Old 08-29-2002, 09:15 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Plans

Going to Branson MO. for the 25th Divsion reunion. Several guys from my grunt company will be there and one of them lives about 90 miles south of Branson. Duffy has a house on the banks of a Large lake.

Boats: your from Chicago? Go to the North Side. In my family that's called cousin country. Several people with the same last name just north of Chi-town. If you offer to buy them a beer you will have LOTS of new friends.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 08-29-2002, 09:49 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default PACO

YOU RAT! I am SO jealous ...

Peace,Griz
Old 08-29-2002, 10:10 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Going to my hunting lease

Going to do a little camp site work and a little white tail recon. Archery season starts in 2 weeks plus there is a pig out there with his name on one of my arrows.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:32 AM

Default Holiday weekend ?

My retirement officially begins at 5:00 PM on Friday, Aug 30, 2002. On August 31st, my wife and I begin a 2-week vacation. Heading north to Tennesse and then east to the Atlantic. Plan on visiting Williamsburg, the Great Smokey Mountains and other points of interests.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Red face Rodeo Week

In Ellensburg its Rodeo Week. They have the largest rodeo in the United States on this Weekend. It ranks just behind the really big ones Calgary, Cheyenne, Pendleton, etc. All the big names in professional rodeo will be here this week end. The town as the county fair, parades, etc. Cowboys everywhere, (most of them are the drug store type). Those guys that ride the bulls must have a permanent residence in a mental hospital, you have to be crazy to ride those things. Most of the residence of Ellensburg stay home and "Protect the property" we have close to 100,000 visitors in a little town of 12,000. I think that everybody has to have a yard sale on this week end. Sqeeze the money out of them there tourists.

Keith
Old 08-29-2002, 10:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Griz

I'll eat a piece of fried chicken in your honor and throw the bones at that Yankee Boy Jeff Gordon! (He's Gay you know)

Razz, was supposed to be playin' golf this afternoon but have had rain for the last 4 days. Is it rainin' up your way? We sure nuff' do need it but it's screwing up my golf! Will have a ball at the race, but your right, way to many people so we only go every once in a while.

Razz, have you seen that ad for "the perfect club"? Think I may be getting one to go along with my new MOONPIE head cover currently dressing up my 7 wood.

Arnold Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)