The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2003, 03:34 AM

Question Just a question about the state on the left side

All the news from the left coast is about Arnold S. is running for Governor of California,because the state is in the RED, they say Gray Davis took HUGE SURPLUS and BLEW IT! Question if Arnold wins this recall thing will the state be back in the BLACK again? NOT!
But, while we are talking about HUGE SURPLUS what about DUBBY from BLACK to RED in one year.But I do have good news DUBBY has raised 170 MILLION so he can get a second term.now aren't we lucky! NOT!!!

razz
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2003, 10:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

From the moment Arnold announced, I have heard more dirt about him than I have heard about just anybody for a long time. One political commentator/Wag had it right. ?Buy stock in tabloid publications as new production records are going to be set?. Make sense to me as Arnold and family are going to be fed into the political trash machine and ground up, post haste. I don?t see that that is going to address the serious problems California is in but it should be revealing as to how things are done in that environment.

One thing Arnold said is absolutely true and that is that businesses and jobs are leaving California and I don?t see that trend reversing anytime soon. So no fix there at all and I don?t see what Arnold could possibly do to get that going in the right direction again. Alas, the goose that laid the golden eggs is rapidly becoming a rubber chicken that just squeaks when squeezed.

The California business-hostile environment is driving away very ethical firms of long-standing and fine reputation. Our little County just picked up a great one and that fine cup of patio coffee ya?ll buy will now will have the roasting, blending and west coast product distribution facilities in Northern Nevada. Thanks California, we appreciate you helping us in carefully building our small community. It?s a similar story all across the State and it shouldn?t come as any surprise that Nevada is the fastest growing State in the US and has been for quite a while now (Long before Dubya took the oath, by the way). By headcount, there are more registered Democrats here than Republicans but we can go either way as the political spectrum here tends to be crowed tightly around the center stripe.

Another thing he said is only partially true. The California energy situation is on the mend, so not to worry. With businesses and jobs exiling, the power grid load verses generating capacity will balance out nicely in the near future. So there is no need to put another band-aid on that band-aid ball and nothing more to argue about.

But the good news is that I really believe that the California voting public is about to speak and speak loudly. The best of all worlds would be if California could get things resolved and set right within their own popular Liberal-leaning political orientation, sans Davis and connected mob, of course. The worst of all worlds would be if some Republican leaning Governor were to be put about the task as that?s a looser and unworkable, in my opinion. Just watching the instant and intense Arnold trashing going on is a dead give away that he will be strapped to a log and sent through the saw mill, but unlike Nell, there will be no saving him. But I have faith that the California voters will speak loudly and there had damn well be some listening-up going on in Sacramento, or else. Time?s up I?m thinking, tar is boiling and feathers being plucked.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 11:12 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Debates

I'm excited! Can't wait to hear the debates between Arnold and Ms. Huffington. I wonder which language they'll use? Wonder if they'll be broadcast live in Germany?
It will also be interesting to see how many votes Larry Flynn gets. I hear he's running way ahead among pervert. Then again, we're all perverts to one degree or another.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 08-08-2003, 05:37 AM

Is it just me or dose Arnold talk in BUMPER STICKER, haven't heard him say anything but sound bits.

razz
Old 08-08-2003, 06:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

My "educated" hunch is that Arnie is gonna experience pretty much exactly what Jessie Ventura did... he'll have great and useful workable new fresh excellent ideas and will get stalled, short-sheeted, lied to, blocked, undercut, fillibustered, diverted and bull------d every step of the way... with almost NO recognizable improvement when his term is finished. I do believe that Mr. Conan underestimates the power of PUBLIC special interest groups as much as he vows an attack on private ones.

Unless something remarkable happens in the next two days, I do believe he has an extremely good chance of being elected. That's why the "professional politicians" are scrambling like crazy to find some kind of a way to terminate the Governator. Gotta admire his enthusiasm though...

The problem is seldom who the leader is or what their political party is.

And then, "Hasta la vista" Arnie. Still, it'll be great fun to have him in there fighting an unscripted real-life power greater than himself. Anything could happen, and not all of it good.

There's always hope.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Exackary Blue, exackary. Arne is going to get skinned alive for daring to go up against the establishment let alone the DNC. As we speak the DNC has their official and known backstabbing and dirty dealing mob going full bore to derail the guy by hook or crook. Hell, they are bragging in public about what?s coming down the pike so that?s no secret. I?ll presume Arne isn?t naive and full well knows he?s going into the eye of the shit-storm and to expect no quarter for him or his family. Too bad enthusiasm and participation carries such punitive consequences. Oh and Razz, how much German do you speak? Do you have a second language? I thought you Liberals were all about diversity and understanding. Drat, I guess I got that wrong.

Scamp
Old 08-08-2003, 09:08 AM

Scamp, I could care less who or what is running the left coast if he wins that will be OK by me I don't live out there. as far as German I speak just enough to order ten glasses of beer and get myself in trouble, but seeing how as I don't drink anymore and I've been trying to stay out of trouble. Oh scamp just how much southern do you take. and as a liberal I still beleive that if the people of california had of wanted to put a repb. into the office of governor they would have put him in there last nov. but what do I know not much I'll tell you.

razz
Old 08-08-2003, 09:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

No big deal Bro Razz, just fooling around and being a smart ass. As to Southern, well, I lived in eastern Tennessee for a couple of years and the district contract office I worked out of wasn?t all that far from Honea Path. Not southern born and bread but somewhat beat into proper shape, maybe. Not an easy task to take a Nevada hayseed and teach us some proper southern manners, as you know.

Agreed about a repo finishing out an elected demo term. That?s the kiss of death for sure and no winners to be found, just bad feelings and smoldering hulks at the end of the day. But the demos had better get their ass cracking, get up a positive agenda or they are going to get their ass kicked, big time. The anger and frustration over across the border is as thick as bugs on a bumper and any kind of stupid idiotic-shit can happen and will if a solid plan and agenda isn?t presented to the voters. But as my hero Forrest Gump would say ?Stupid is as stupid does? so I wouldn?t be surprised at anything.

Scamp
Old 08-09-2003, 06:53 AM

scamp couldn't agree with you more about the dems, what is so sad we have troops dieing in the war and all we hear on the news is about Calif. governor race just who is running that state our buddy forrest makes you wounder dont. took my wife to dinner last night and was asked if I was going to run been thinking about it talk about a bag of nut's and they say we in the south are back woods at least we wait for the guy finish up his term before we hang him. be very carefull you are just over the border make sure some of those nut's don't roll over on your side.

razz
Old 08-12-2003, 05:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default razz

All the whining that the Democrats, especially Gray Davis is saying about the "evil, right-wing conspiratorial devils" taking over the governor's mansion, is proof positive that they haven't read all the laws on the books. It's called RECALL, and until the Democrat party comes in and performs another illegal power grab like they did in New Jersey, the PEOPLE will have a chance to make their choices.

I don't recall (there's that word again!) hearing about how anybody is going to instantly fix the money problems of California, but what has been happening for the last several years, of spending grossly more revenue than is arriving, is coming to haunt them. Their only solution to a $35 Billion deficit was to cut spending by $8 Billion. Made as much sense as it made a difference.

I kinda think that the gravy - "gravy" being the debt problem, the dirty mudslinging coming from the Left, and the power of the special interests groups - is too thick for anybody to see the steak, but at least Arnaud may get his chance!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."