The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2004, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Morning Coffee Published!

Morning Coffee by Warren Bonesteel, wrbones here on patriotfiles, has been published! Information follows.

You can find the original forum thread here http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/sh...threadid=28561

To order, contact the publisher:
http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-i...213914-3867aaa
Trafford Publishing
2333 Government Street
Suite 6E, Victoria, BC
Canada, V8T4P4
toll free: 1-888-232-4444
fax: 250-383-6804
Phone: 250-383-6864

Borders Books Music and Cafe
http://www.bordersstores.com/events/...?SEID=15253856
Rapid City
2130 N. Haines Avenue
Rapid City, SD 57701
Phone:605.394.5334

"Morning Coffee" the BOOK!! Now on store shelves and available online too! GET YOUR COPY BEFORE I BUY THEM ALL!!!

The GREAT thing about this book and it's author are the 'down to earth-iness' that both have, show, and I know LIVE. This book is about the little things in life, taking time out to notice things, enjoy, love, and even dislike at times. It gives you the honest impression that it's OK to be one who disagrees! One who isn't following exactly down the straight and narrow road that others are traveling on and IT'S OK. It's OK to be YOU, to be REAL, and to have REAL FEELINGS, THOUGHTS, FEARS, PAIN, LOVE, REAL EMOTIONS and yet you remain the 'man' or the 'woman' without losing any of your dignity and pride. In essence, it's a manual on the explanation of how we can all live, live TOGETHER, and let each other be who and what we are without injustices done to us for being just a little bit different than the other guy or gal.

D.M. Weller

Political activist

From the Gunnys Desk:

Warren Bonesteel has produced one fine book. I feel that the book is full of common sense logic and in his own way his sense of humor. Bones uses everyday logic to try to get us the readers to come to grips with life. For a author who doesn't have the schooling but uses everday common sense he comes across outstandingly. To my brother Marine I commend you for one outstanding job of writting. I have come to enjoy your mornin' Joe and look forward to reading it every day.

Semper Fi Bro

Ray Lancaster

GySgt USMC (Ret)

Bones, I am more than impressed. Nietzche- Wow! (sp) Working in a
liberal arts institution, I respect that. We certainly can't say you
have all the eggs in the same basket. I can not wait to finsish
reading this tomorrow. The shcool I work at empasizes Making a Life,
Making a Living and Making a Difference....kinda like what you are
doing.
Vicki

Column review

"I love this stuff. Great job. I loved your context on changing the world. I often say my job here today is not to change the world but to change your minds and then let you change the world. Thanks again and stay in touch. I see you are in South Dakota. Greetings from Chicago. Kind of the same type of city but different. (sounds like something you would say.)?

-Al Lautenslager

?Certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach, Book Mentoring Coach?

Co-Author, Guerrilla Marketing in 30 days.

al@market-for-profits.com

"Last week, after having received your initial inquiry, I put the word out to keep an eye open for your book, MORNING COFFEE - on the grounds that I didn't want it to fall through any cracks - .... In all my years here at Copley, I've only highly recommended one other (book) prior to having read it. I get that same sense now that somethin' good's a brewin'."

-Ann Mellon; Copley News Service

========================================

Book Review

?Morning Coffee?

Warren R. Bonesteel

?Mornin? Folks! How the hell are ya this mornin? anyway? Coffee?s on! Ya best grab a cup and get settled somewhere. Paper?ll be along directly. I got dibs on the funny pages.?

Whether you like your coffee black ,or with sugar and cream, one thing you can count on when you visit with Warren Bonesteel and the ?Morning Coffee? crew; you will always leave satisfied with a hot, strong, pot of coffee to enrich your day. Bones satisfies the early morning crowd thirsty for homespun wit, wisdom and knowledge. Likened to some of the writings of Mark Twain, Will Rogers, or a modern day Lewis Grizzard, his satirical comments are always welcome in the early morn. He ties the morning coffee writings in with his religious and personal beliefs.

His life and Marine Corps experiences are well versed throughout this book. When he is speaking to the ?Boss? for someone you or he knows, or if he is giving you a thought to carry with you throughout your day or on your way to work, you can rest assured that he is giving the advice and wit from the heart, and from bottom of his pot and ?Good to the last drop,? in his cup. ?Morning Coffee? brings with it everyday the simple message of ?Life Is.? Then it?s up to the reader to take it from there and work on getting it all sorted out. There is a message somewhere in this book for everyone. All you have to do is settle back in your reading chair with a cup of coffee the way you drink it? and read.

Inspired by a Marine with the pen name ?Nomad? who went on his final mission ?To guard the streets of glory.? This book is down to earth and gives the reader the feeling that ?Nomad? is looking down saying, ?Job, well done, Marine!? I would recommend this book to be read, and to be saved as a keeper, maybe even as a coffee table book. I would be remiss if I did not say that sometimes throughout the book the message might not be to the readers liking. But, many times down the path of life one may have to throw out some of the bitter grounds and start your day with a fresh pot and different outlook on life.

?It?s a new day! We got another chance to get?er right! We got another opportunity to get?er all sorted out! Make sure you take advantage of it!?

Charles G. ?Chuck? Hall
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2004, 10:26 PM

"For futher details, see my published works."

I've wanted to say that since I first saw that Harry Potter movie!

I R an awther...rthour...arthur...

I'm a 'riter now!

...there. That's it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image578521x.jpg (19.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 08-10-2004, 05:10 PM

Coming soon, to an internet location near you!

Website template for Morning Coffee

http://ozisquad.net/demo/index.php

Actual address in a few day's time:

www.morningcoffee.net.

--------------------------------------------------

BOOK SIGNING!!

Oceanside, CA.

Scheduled for the 13th of November 2004.

Time to be arranged at a later date

Call ahead.

Be there or be square!

I'll even let ya buy me a cup of coffee...or a shot of Jack Daniels...

Barnes & Noble
Victoria Carlborg
Community Relations Manager
2615 Vista Way
Oceanside, CA 92054
(760) 529-0106
Fax (760) 529-0287
e-mail crm2153@bn.com
Old 08-10-2004, 05:16 PM

Default Morning Coffee: An apologia

And I ain't apologisin' fer nuthin, either....

The Morning Coffee column is used as a venue to instruct others in, and from, a wide variety of studies in many of the sundry professions and pseudo-professions in the world today. The topics that are discussed from those professions include, but by no means are limited to: psychology, cartography, archaeology, sociology, anthropology, science and technology, spirituality, religion, politics, history, literature, the classics, social engineering, management, business, military studies, morality, ethics, and even, on occasion, quantum mechanics and space exploration. We discuss gardening, landscaping, stewardship, construction, finish carpentry, dedication, commitment, honor, justice, judgment, forgiveness, love and acceptance, racial profiling, prejudice of all kinds, patriotism, constitutional governments versus republicanism and as compared to monarchies and theocracies, as well as other areas of political studies.

We explore every school of thought imaginable. From Freud, and Jungian philosophy in psychiatry and psychology, to the merits of Frost, Thoreau, C.S. Lewis and Shakespeare. We discuss the long term social and economic effects of microbiology and nano-tech on the world. We explore the basics tenants of freedom, liberty, truth, leadership, game theory, philosophy, Joseph Campbell and mythology along with the effects of ritualistic behaviors in our modern world. Linguistics, and the use of language in logic and rhetoric, are also among the many subjects discussed in Morning Coffee.

Simile, metaphor, humor, comparative analysis, and many other literary tools are used in the book, as well as in the online columns. The book?s interior design, including the lack of ?proper? proof reading, are purposely designed. There is no index. There are no footnotes. There is no bibliography and there is no glossary. The cover has been designed to visually explain Morning Coffee and it?s multitudinous underlying themes. A certain level of art appreciation is necessary on the reader?s part as well. The book cover itself is metaphorical in nature, and includes a number of underlying themes. The illustrations contained in the book are very simple, yet very powerful, and are placed within the book in such a way as to elicit the most visceral impact possible upon the readers?s sensibilities. There are underlying themes for each ?essay?, as well as underlying themes for the book as a whole. Each and every part of this book is purposely designed.

The vernacular that I?ve used in writing Morning Coffee is a legitimate, and separate, English language. According to linguists, there are well over one hundred legitimate English languages in use in the United States today. Those numbers do not include the many and varied types of patois or slang currently in use.

?Folks been visitin? with us fer a spell, well, they know all about how there?s lots of things a goin? on when we visit over coffee inna mornin?. I did my best to include that inna book design?where I could get away with it. Things ain?t always what ya think they are, ya know. I wanted to make sure that the book was designed and laid out the same way as the column is. The font don?t look quite the way I?d hoped it would inna book form, but it works real good fer the overall purpose. ?First thing yer gonna think when ya open it, is that it?s laid out pretty much like a manual of sorts.?

?Them other writers, journalists, some folks inna book industry, and some of them reviewers ain?t gonna get it, though! That?s cool, too! Folks who judge by appearances ain?t gonna like the book none at all, I?m a tellin? ya! This book ain?t about appearances. It?s about substance. It?s also about my First Amendment rights to free speech. Sayin? things the way I wanta say ?em, and the devil and intellectual elitists be damned.?

?Morning Coffee, a manual for life and livin? it. A workbook for the text of life. You can write in this book folks. Keep yer notes right there. Ain?t no questions or tests except fer gettin? ?er right when ya head out the door inna mornin?. Ain?t nuthin? formal or all dressed up about this book. Take it anywhere ya wanta go, too. Life Is messy, and this book ya don?t haveta worry much about gettin? messy with it. I?d consider it quite a compliment if it?d end up with a few coffee rings onna pages here and there. Get dirty fingerprints all over it if ya wanta! Ya might wanta keep it out of the swimmin? hole, though??

?I colored outside the lines on this one, folks. Just like a little kid with his first colorin? book! Some folks get real irritated when ya start colorin? outside the lines. I used to be that way myself. Got to the point some little kids didn?t like to have their colorin? books out when I was around? Thing I wasn?t payin? any attention to?is that the kids were just havin? fun. A little bit of joy. Creativity is found in that. Individuality, too. Freedom, mebbe. Some little bit of happiness. ?and mebbe even some little bit of wisdom? Colorin? outside the lines ain?t necessarily a bad thing, ya know.?

The book as a whole is a work of art the likes of which hasn?t been seen before in publishing at any time, or at any place. This book reaches deeply into our common mythologies and shakes them loose in a way that is hard to deny, and makes the book hard to put down once you begin to read it.

Sincerely,

Warren ?Bones? Bonesteel
SGT USMC 1976-1983
6055/6152/6153
Old 08-14-2004, 06:31 PM

Big Fat Bust...as far as sales go.

SO...if ya want a signed copy of the book, ten are signed, numbered and dated. The other ten are signed in GREEN ink, numbered, and dated...with a big "Semper Fidelis" under it.

Signed book marks and post cards were also left there, dated and numbered as well. I don't know if they'll give those away or toss 'em, mebbe. Best call quick.

I know some of ya been havin' trouble gettin' a copy. Here's yer chance!

....twenty copies were on hand at 4 PM Mountain Time.

Borders Books Music and Cafe
2130 N. Haines Avenue
Rapid City, SD 57701
Phone: 605.394.5334
http://www.bordersstores.com/events/...?SEID=15253856

To much a goin' on this weekend I reckon, but the word is out and I got to visit with a few folks some. I even got on TV again! KNBN, this time. Two local TV stations and a radio station so far. Plus the newspaper.

Mom was there and took some pictures with the 'good' camera. If they turn out, I'll make sure to share some with ya if ya wanta. I hear everytime they said my name, and the name of the book onna PA system, that she got a great big smile. Mom smiles a lot, but she don't smile great big like that alla time, ya know.

Politicians a givin' speeches, Sturgis Rally and alla their doin's, big name bands and ...well, I think it was them Playboy Playmates that took alla the crowds, myself, but that's just me. 'Course, most alla the locals are busy as hell with alla that, too. Population of the area goes from 250,000 or so up to around a million fer the month of August, what with alla the regular tourists, plus the Rally.

There's somethin' else, but I wanta save that fer visitin' over inna mornin' with ya. 'Bout the time I started that hummin' stuff, a feller onna piano started playin'. That's what I wanta visit over with ya inna mornin'. Real interestin' experience.

Look allll the way down at the bottom of this post, too....

Bones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The virtues of men are of more consequence to society
than their abilities, and for this reason, the heart
should be cultivated with more assiduity than
the head." -Noah Webster

http://morningcoffee.net/index.php
Old 11-12-2004, 05:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

AWWWSSSOMMMEE