The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2005, 10:43 AM

Default David!!!!! Thank You!!!!

To :

The Patriot Files website...without a very few, very loyal readers at one point who WOULDN'T let me quit...for a few weeks, those very, very few were the only readers of Morning Coffee...

For a new, first time author, this is the big time, folks. and without this website and those wonderful few...it would never, ever have happened...

You wouldn't let me, a Marine...quit....

you ajjhowed me...what Semper Fi meant...

I say to you: Semper Fidelis, my Brothers and Sisters...

and David, without this website...it wouldn't have happened, so thank you, too, sir. You have honored and humbled me.

http://www.inthelibraryreview.com/Bo...#morningcoffee

W. R. Bonesteel

Morning Coffee

Added January 3, 2004

Morning Coffee
Author: W.R. Bonesteel
Publisher: Trafford Publishing
Available At: www.trafford.com
Publishing Date: Available Now
Genre: Nonfiction
Format: Trade Paperback
Price: $20.33
ISBN: 1-4120-3494-9
Author Email/Website: wrbones@rap.midco.net
Reviewer: Joyce Handzo
Rating: 8 Gargoyles

Morning Coffee is better than a jolt of caffeine! The thoughts, opinions, and just plain common sense of W.R. "Bones" Bonesteel will keep the minds of readers percolating with interesting ideas all day long.

"Morning Coffee" was first posted on the Internet in June 2001. It attracted a loyal following of people from around the world. Current estimates reveal that nearly two million people read "Morning Coffee" on a daily basis.

For those readers who aren't familiar with Bones and his writing, they are in for a real treat with this book! Bones is a Marine veteran who shares his thoughts and heart on a variety of subjects. His down-home writing style, combined with wisdom gained from his life's experiences, make this collection of essays meaningful and powerful.

He likes to remind his audience that it's a new day with a new opportunity. That alone is certainly a refreshing way to start off the morning. Bones makes people glad to be alive, and opens up their minds to the world around them. In one of his musings, he mentions that "the impact we have on others is hard to define at times, and often hard to determine". This book is like that. There is a lot contained in these pages, and the potential for impacting the mindset of readers is certainly here.

Becky Wiley edited these words of Bones, and she explained that her hardest task was selecting the posts to use in the book. She wanted readers to get "that feeling they have when Taps is played?or our country's anthem?" She was successful.

The book is written in an interesting style. The words of Bones were left alone and express how he talks and the way he wrote his original posts. The result is a very friendly atmosphere, which reads more like a conversation.

Morning Coffee is a stimulating blend of rich thoughts!
Old 01-06-2005, 09:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Cool just went and looked at trafford.com and the book looks interesting will look into it soon. Congrats on being Published!
Old 01-08-2005, 01:47 AM

Default You people did this.

...by not allowing me to quit...and I get these kinds of emails every day...and I get this many of these emails every 24-48 hours....

by changing my life...you have changed the lives of others. By changing one life for the bettter....you change the world for all time to come.

You did this. You. Not I...for I would have given up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones
...tell them FNGs why it did so that they won't be a goin' nuts tryin' to figger it out fer themselves ...like you first did...

I ain't a keepin this stuff a clutterin' up my addy book and such no more...never kept much of it anyways...a feller could get the big head if'n he ain't carefull..

I got a size 7 and 3/8 the way it is...

=================================================
Hi, Im wondering why I don?t get morning coffee in my inbox anymore? do I need to resubscribe? I enjoyed them. please let me know.
J.
(well...they's so many of you new folks around anymore that I have trouble keepin' track of ya...I never could count right....)

==================================================

top of the day to ya bones.i enjoy your articles.im only home so often and
not for long between.nice touch on the grinch song.ya know bones people in
this crazy wourld would rather be mislead as long as it looks good.than to
be corrected and admit they made a simple wrong descision.by following what
sounds good.theres many tools that god uses some wonderful and some
devistating at first.but in the end its for the good.so when we point things
out o people they get offended.instead of simply changing acouple things
whatever it may be they want to fight you for trying to help.if your opinion
were the majority of the peoples then they would agree.folks would put
themselves through living hell before they would admit they were wrong.i
dont read alot or research alot but i feel god has always pointed things out
to me pretty good.only within the past few years i gave him the credit and
learned to love him for it because one of the ways he got his message
through was my beutiful in many ways wife.and i agree with you thre is a
differance in jesus and god.we pray to god through jesus because jesus has
felt our human emotions good and bad.god has never so we go through jesus
and he explains it to god if ya know what i mean.it makes since to me.i came
to that after wachting passion of the christ.it just popped in my head and
made since.bones keep on keeping on.ill be home for about 2 weeks so i will
be here for your articles.god bless you and your better half.
==============================================

?Questioning ones integrity who has gone out of their way to defend, support, mentor, and anchor many that I know of personally that had just ?given up? with life is in my book ?..I can?t even come up with a defining word."

================================================== ===

Once again, I stand in your shadow proudly. For those who don?t ?get it? with this story, I say, open a book, do your research, grow up; life is, and if you don?t understand the message of this Fairy Tale, then I feel truly sorry for you. But; there?s still time!!! You can still grow and learn, no, it don?t mean you gotta agree, just be open to some learning along the way, ok??

WELL IT REALLY WORKS, IT'S VERY ENJOYABLE, IT'S MORE LIKE YOU'RE ACTUALLY LISTENING TO SOMEONE RATHER THAN READING.

-P

================================================== ==

In ALL the time I have known Bones I have nothing but RESPECT and honor for this Marine. But this is only me speaking, I am sure there are many, and I mean many, who will say the same. I know one thing, stick me in a fighting hole with Bones, and I KNOW who is covering my six.
-G

Waking up daily, grabbing a cup of coffee, sitting back and relaxing to read the daily BREW of Morning Coffee has been an adventure in growth, insight, and the value of looking at things from a different perspective by making one actually stop and THINK before one heads out the door each day.

================================================== =

Many encouraged Warren to write this book due to his wonderful insight on Life covering many and varied topics. Believe me; this man has a true God given talent that needs to be shared with more than just his on line following of now 2 million folks. Two years ago, the following was six.

Do yourselves a favor?READ the book and then tell me and others that you could or would ?carry on? as usual.

It is my fervent wish that this book ?Morning Coffee? be in bookstores nationwide. After reading it and seeing and thinking about the changes in your life it has made?you?ll THINK hopefully, the same.

================================================

i enjoy bones' commentaries too, and as a
sometime free lance writer i'll mention that it
takes talent to write in that "folksy" style and
make it work as bones does, in contrast to dan
rather's obviously made up "down home texas talk"
and the real thing we hear from our own auntie
cat.
"gunner"

Bones you can be assured that you are a good dam writer.

Thanks for your e-mail answer. LOL. Dam got to stop

laughing. Bless you for bringing real meanin to the words fine

literature.

-A

Okay, I got the pooper scooper out and sent an email to Mr. Blake. After a few GLOWING comments on your behalf, I informed him that after receiving MC from you I forwarded it on to many of the faithful; some of which were inside the "Capital Beltway" of Washington, D.C. NOW, the only problem with that Capital Beltway comment is he not being from around HERE, he may not know just WHO those folks may be or where they're employed.

I forgot to mention in my response to you that I emailed your plight on to my MC BREW Crew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Blake:

I hate to bother you but I understand that you've received complaints about Warren Bonesteel's "Morning Coffee" letter. I could promise you that for every one complaint you receive, I could provide countless compliments to top off plenty of praise.

Warren caught my eye long ago and I have become a regular, you might say. One thing I know is that if anyone were to request to be removed from his list, he'd honor that request promptly and without question.

His approach to doing good in the world is so unique and empowering that it could sometimes be misunderstood. The boy's in tune with the Boss man. If you can't sense that, nothing I say means a thing.

This morning when I read what he'd written, I spent a moment contemplating prayer and realized that the Lord is always there it's just that we too often won't allow ourselves to completely tune in to the presence of the Almighty.

And then I toasted my bagel ... but that's probably more than you wanted to know.

He's a good boy Mr. Blake. Please understand he's doing good.

Thanks for listening. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New ear.

Ann

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blake,
Amen! The Lord liveth and is with us.. blessed be our Rock..

Why?

His presence goes back to Adam as He was there in the beginning when His Father (now our Father )
created Heaven & Earth. His quest was pure and simple, "companionship".

Today He is still with us and His desire is the same as He never changes... our companionship. He wants
us to speak to him like I'm speaking with you, or other friends.. not as some distant diety and never will He
leave us or Forsake us. But we can walk away..

Re: Bones:

I caretake a list of over 8000 Vets, Family & Friends ( international) and you can not please every body.

Our list started on the web in 1996 ( and prior to was maintained on BBS's - FIDONet, GTPowerNet & Vetlink )
in the 1980's and prior to that Fax & Phone Network.

At times some one will write here who has never asked to be removed, and complain, complain, complain.
(we do remove as soon as a request is sent ).. and I write back and ask them "If they have ever asked to be
removed?".. that usually ends the controversy, then I delete.

Maybe suggesting that to any one who has an issue with any mailings done by bones who stem any organized
tide.

BTW: We send his news letter to our list as soon as it is submitted. No complaints to date. But you could also
ask the whiners if the checked to see if the news letter was a forward.

Merry Christmas,

Joe Oliver, Owner
SOFTVision Concepts, USA
Editor: News & Views ( Not Politically Correct, No Seil Chicker, No GrammaTics gor her a tic colla )
Houston, TX

(Thank you) ?for the words of wisdom this morning... I really needed that today?. Yes I'm happier than I have been in years, and I'm taking everyday like it is the beginning of life... So thanks Warren for the words. Enjoy this wonderful day that we have and enjoy the time we have with what we have.?

-Heather
CNA
New York
-----------------------------------

?Dare I offer, what makes ?MORNING COFFEE? vital to this Republic is that it speaks with the voice of all.?

-Michael S. Bell
Museum curator

Expert American art forms
Editor, co-owner: newsletter, Arthrob
Saginaw, MI

?Warren thanks for the encouragement. I don't know how I got this "bug" in my system, but I am really motivated and have the support from my wife and kids. These things will help me through the hard times. Once again, thank you.?

-KT
construction

----------------------------------

?Socrates once told us "The unexamined life is not worth living". So in the Socratic tradition, over a damn good cuppa' joe, Warren reminds us of what a sorry bunch we can be at times. However, he also points out that there is redemption and occasionally something good flows from all of us.?

-Chris

production supervisor, publishing company

?You've definitely brought a change to my morning Warren. Hell ya brought a change to my life!?

-Lake 17

High school student

------------------------------------
Quote:
Book and Column Reviews:

"Morning Coffee" the BOOK! GET YOUR COPY BEFORE I BUY THEM ALL!!!

The GREAT thing about this book, and it's author, are the down to earth-iness that both have, show, and I know, LIVE. This book is about the little things in life. Taking time out to notice things, enjoy, love, and even dislike at times. It gives you the honest impression that it's OK to be one who disagrees! One who isn't following exactly down the straight and narrow road that others are traveling on, and IT'S OK. It's OK to be YOU, to be REAL, and to have REAL FEELINGS, THOUGHTS, FEARS, PAIN, LOVE, REAL EMOTIONS; and yet you remain the 'man', or the 'woman', without losing any of your dignity and pride. In essence, it's a manual on the explanation of how we can all live; live TOGETHER, and let each other be who and what we are without injustices done to us (affecting us) for being just a littlebitdifferent than the other guy or gal.?

D.M. Weller

Political activist

?Warren Bonesteel has produced one fine book. I feel that the book is full of common sense logic, and in his own way, his sense of humor. Bones uses everyday logic to try to get us, the readers, to come to grips with life. For a author who doesn't have the schooling but uses everyday common sense, he comes across outstandingly. To my brother Marine: I commend you for one outstanding job of writing. I have come to enjoy your mornin' Joe, and look forward to reading it every day.?

-Semper Fi Bro

Ray Lancaster
================================================== =

Educator

?Bones, I am more than impressed. Nietzche- Wow! Working in a liberal arts institution, I respect that. We certainly can't say you have all the (intellectual) eggs in the same basket. I can not wait to finish reading this tomorrow. The school I work at emphasizes Making a Life, Making a Living and Making a Difference....kinda like what you are doing.?

-Vicki

Author, Speaker, and Business Consultant

"I love this stuff. Great job. I loved your context on changing the world. I often say my job here today is not to change the world but to change your minds and then let you change the world. Thanks again and stay in touch. I see you are in South Dakota. Greetings from Chicago. Kind of the same type of city but different. (sounds like something you would say.)?

-Al Lautenslager
?Certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach, Book Mentoring Coach?
Co-Author, "Guerrilla Marketing in 30 Days"

al@market-for-profits.com

A Journalist Comments:

"Last week, after having received your initial inquiry, I put the word out to keep an eye open for your book, MORNING COFFEE -on the grounds that I didn't want it to fall through any cracks - .... In all my years here at Copley, I've only highly recommended one other (book) prior to having read it. I get that same sense now that somethin' good's a brewin'."

-Ann Mellon

Copley News Service
?Morning Coffee?

Warren R. Bonesteel

?Mornin? Folks! How the hell are ya this mornin? anyway? Coffee?s on! Ya best grab a cup and get settled somewhere. Paper?ll be along directly. I got dibs on the funny pages.?

Whether you like your coffee black, or with sugar and cream, one thing you can count on when you visit with Warren Bonesteel and the ?Morning Coffee? crew; you will always leave satisfied with a hot, strong, pot of coffee to enrich your day. Bones satisfies the early morning crowd thirsty for homespun wit, wisdom and knowledge. Likened to some of the writings of Mark Twain, Will Rogers, or a modern day Lewis Grizzard, his satirical comments are always welcome in the early morn. He ties the morning coffee writings in with his religious and personal beliefs.

His life and Marine Corps experiences are well versed throughout this book. When he is speaking to the ?Boss? for someone you or he knows, or if he is giving you a thought to carry with you throughout your day, or on your way to work, you can rest assured that he is giving the advice and wit from the heart, and from bottom of his pot, and ?Good to the last drop? in his cup. ?Morning Coffee? brings with it everyday the simple message of ?Life Is.? Then it?s up to the reader to take it from there and work on getting it all sorted out. There is a message somewhere in this book for everyone. All you have to do is settle back in your reading chair with a cup of coffee the way you drink it? and read.

Inspired by a Marine with the pen name ?Nomad? who went on his final mission ?To guard the streets of glory.? This book is down to earth and gives the reader the feeling that ?Nomad? is looking down saying, ?Job, well done, Marine!? I would recommend this book to be read, and to be saved as a keeper, maybe even as a coffee table book. I would be remiss if I did not say that sometimes throughout the book, the message might not be to the reader?s liking. But, many times down the path of life, one may have to throw out some of the bitter grounds and start your day with a fresh pot, and different outlook on life.

?It?s a new day! We got another chance to get?er right! We got another opportunity to get?er all sorted out! Make sure you take advantage of it!?

-Charles G. ?Chuck? Hall

Quote:
"Morning Coffee" by Warren Roy Bonesteel; Trafford Publishing; 264 pages; $20.33.

Bonesteel, aka Bones, a disabled veteran Marine sergeant, is a self-described intellectual dilettante, a collector of ideas and a big Dr. Seuss aficionado. His grasp of the human condition is as strong and fresh as his Morning Coffee column. Bones reminds us to open our eyes before we head out the door in the morning and never to forget the price our veterans have paid for our freedom.

Bones writes: "The Morning Coffee column is used as a venue to instruct others in, and from, a wide variety of studies in many of the sundry professions and pseudo-professions in the world today."

His depth of knowledge and passionate drive to teach and learn exposes his love for the humanities, arts and social sciences: "We explore every school of thought imaginable," writes Bones, "from Freud and Jungian philosophy in psychiatry and psychology, to the merits of Frost, Thoreau, C.S. Lewis and Shakespeare. We discuss the long-term social and economic effects of microbiology and nano-tech on the world. We explore the basic tenants of freedom, liberty, truth, leadership, game theory, philosophy, Joseph Campbell and mythology along with the effects of ritualistic behaviors in our modern world."

The vernacular used in "Morning Coffee" is a legitimate and separate English language, according to linguists. His delivery is brilliant and comfortable and elicits a visceral response. His take on life, the universe and nothing at all will "git ya to think'n some."

The daily column and this collection are available at www.morningcoffee.net.

Visit Copley News Service at www.copleynews.com.

? Copley News Service

Quote:
Warren,

Below is our review of MORNING COFFEE. I hope you enjoy it. The link is where the review will be archived permanently.
http://www.inthelibraryreview.com/Bo...#morningcoffee

Sincerely,
Sharyn McGinty
Review Coordinator/Reviewer

www.inthelibraryreview.com

#####
Morning Coffee
Author: W.R. Bonesteel
Publisher: Trafford Publishing
Available At: www.trafford.com
Publishing Date: Available Now
Genre: Nonfiction
Format: Trade Paperback
Price: $20.33
ISBN: 1-4120-3494-9
Author Email/Website: wrbones@rap.midco.net
Reviewer: Joyce Handzo
Rating: 8 Gargoyles

Morning Coffee is better than a jolt of caffeine! The thoughts, opinions, and just plain common sense of W.R. "Bones" Bonesteel will keep the minds of readers percolating with interesting ideas all day long.

"Morning Coffee" was first posted on the Internet in June 2001. It attracted a loyal following of people from around the world. Current estimates reveal that nearly two million people read "Morning Coffee" on a daily basis.

For those readers who aren't familiar with Bones and his writing, they are in for a real treat with this book! Bones is a Marine veteran who shares his thoughts and heart on a variety of subjects. His down-home writing style, combined with wisdom gained from his life's experiences, make this collection of essays meaningful and powerful.

He likes to remind his audience that it's a new day with a new opportunity. That alone is certainly a refreshing way to start off the morning. Bones makes people glad to be alive, and opens up their minds to the world around them. In one of his musings, he mentions that "the impact we have on others is hard to define at times, and often hard to determine". This book is like that. There is a lot contained in these pages, and the potential for impacting the mindset of readers is certainly here.

Becky Wiley edited these words of Bones, and she explained that her hardest task was selecting the posts to use in the book. She wanted readers to get "that feeling they have when Taps is played...or our country's anthem..." She was successful.

The book is written in an interesting style. The words of Bones were left alone and express how he talks and the way he wrote his original posts. The result is a very friendly atmosphere, which reads more like a conversation.

Morning Coffee is a stimulating blend of rich thoughts!

Quote:
After our first seven days online http://morningcoffee.net/index.php was listed by http://www.blackrefer.com as one of the "Top Ten Unique Sites" on the World Wide Web.

--------------------------------------
http://www.ragereport.com/ gave me their Patriot of the Month award for July 2004 for my columns on liberty and freedom.

They don't like me anymore. so I don't know if it still counts...
---------------------------------------

Demographics: primarily 24-50, primarily middle to upper-middle class, college educated and higher, politically right of center, Christian. ...with the world wide readership of my online column numbering in the millions...