The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2007, 08:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default My friend, Joe Spado's blog

My friend from Vietnam, Joe Spado, whom I just visited in Ashland, Wisconsin, writes a blog :

http://spadoman-roundcircle.blogspot.com/

The story at the top is about his recent trip to Clark's Hill, South Carolina, to bring closure for himself and the families of a KIA soldier, Frazier Dixon, whose death he witnessed on Dec. 3, 1969.

There is another story several ones down, about his struggle with PTSD and the VA system.

As it happens, I got to the 2/22(M), "Triple Deuce" unit, from the leg unit I was with for about a month ( 3/22), on Dec. 30, and they had already named the arty firebase we were in, "FSB Dixon". The next day I watched as my good friend in Wyoming ( Gary ), who I visited a month ago, and 3 others were wonded by a mine while carrying radios for the ARTY FO, CO, and others. Since I was the "FNG", I got to carry Gary's radio, which saved him from more serious wounds, for the next hour. It was interesting since I had no idea how to operate a PRC 25...I learned pretty quick.

Larry