The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2022, 06:26 AM

Exclamation Satellite spots world's 'largest' methane leak in a Russian coal mine

Satellite spots world's 'largest' methane leak in a Russian coal mine
BY: Ivana Kottasova - DNN News 06-15-22
Re: https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/15/europ...ntl/index.html

Video link on site: One hell of a large methane leak ongoing!

Note: These are the people tracking high levels of methane in Texas 04:57
(CNN)A coal mine in a remote part of Russia is spewing out huge amounts of a very potent greenhouse gas in what has been described as the "biggest" leak of methane ever detected from a single facility.

The Raspadskya Mine in Kemerovo region in southern Russia is releasing nearly 90 tonnes of methane every hour, according to new data from GHGSat, a company that uses satellites to monitor methane leaks from space.

The company said it detected 13 distinct methane plumes during a satellite pass on January 14, 2022 and observed more plumes on subsequent dates.

Stephane Germain, the founder and president of GHGSat, told CNN on Wednesday that the leak on January 14 was not a one-off incident -- the company has detected consistent leaks from the facility throughout the past five months.

"We find large leaks all over the world, but this one stood out," he said, adding it was the biggest leak ever recorded and traced back to its source.
GHGSat said that if the emission continued at the same rate for a year, the mine would emit more than 764,000 tonnes of methane -- equivalent to the amount of natural gas needed to power 2.4 million homes for a year.

When asked: Raspadskaya, the company that operates the mine, did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another report on this subject: https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/07/us/me...ate/index.html
Realted Article (link above): This incredibly potent planet-warming gas just set another record for the second year in a row
-
Doesn't look too good does it!?
-

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links