The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2003, 05:15 AM

Unhappy Loud Sonic Boom

Wow! Last night I while was sitting in my chair about 9 or 10 PM (give or take) my house started to rumble and I heard a loud sonic boom.

Then what I thought I was hearing a storm rumbling but the noise or rumbling got louder and louder.

It seemed like it was going on way too long for a storm. I look outside I didn't seen anything but then felt the big rumble again and then all was quite.

This morning we heard it was a meteor that hit about 5 miles away and it took out two houses. Man that was close.

Now that's pretty unusal I'd say. :ek:

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2003, 06:02 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Boats...try to get some pics from the local media and post them here. Did not hear anything about that. Glad you and yours are safe.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 03-27-2003, 07:28 AM

Yep we found out it went three miles west of us and hit near a fire house in Park Forest, IL. In fact they are saying there were three pieces.

One drilled a hole in the street.
Two cars were pierced.
And two house's were struck.

The largest piece they found in the house was about the size of a softball.

Yeow that was close - never happen again in my lifetime - I hope?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 03-27-2003, 07:43 AM

Ah, Boats, I thought you were going to report there was an alien invasion. I'm glad you're okay. I have family in South Chicago. I'm glad they're untouched..
Old 03-27-2003, 07:47 AM

Can you imagine what the media would have been doing right now had those meteors hit the Sears or Hancock building in downtown Chicago! Oh Brother it would have been a nightmare.
Thank God it didn't.

By the way no one was hurt and that's good news.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"