Old 09-10-2003, 07:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Mexican detainees deported..Immigrants first shipped to Texas

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...2090982Mexican detainees deported
Immigrants first shipped to Texas
By CHRIS ROBERTS
Associated Press
EL PASO -- Hundreds of undocumented immigrants captured in Arizona are being transferred to four Texas border cities where they will be immediately deported, U.S. Border Patrol officials said Tuesday.

A pilot program called the "Lateral Repatriation Project" began Monday. It will put 300 undocumented immigrants a day on chartered planes and buses headed for El Paso, Laredo, Del Rio and McAllen, border officials said.

The program is meant to transfer undocumented immigrants caught in the Tucson area, where 135 immigrants have died in the desert the past 11 months, to places the agency considers safer, said Mario Villarreal, Border Patrol spokesman in Washington, D.C.

Villarreal said the Mexican side of the Arizona border has no infrastructure, while cities such as Juarez, across the Rio Grande from El Paso, offer jobs and other support agencies. The Texas ports of entry have the staff to deal with any increase in illegal entries, he said.

The program is part of a larger effort -- which includes adding agents, aircraft and additional safety measures in the Arizona desert -- to stem the record number of desert deaths, he said.

The program is part of the agency's mission and will continue indefinitely, Villarreal said. A separate cost has not been calculated.

About 153 undocumented immigrants arrived Monday in El Paso, and a similar number is expected about every other day, said El Paso sector Border Patrol spokesman Doug Mosier.

"We want to take them away from the natural environment where alien smugglers can prey on them and transport them through those high-risk areas in Arizona," Mosier said. "This is really about saving lives."

The remaining 150 will be dispersed among the other ports of entry, Villarreal said. He said agents in the Tucson sector arrest about 1,100 undocumented immigrants each day, but that number includes unaccompanied minors or people facing criminal prosecution, and those immigrants will not be taken to Texas.

Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano said Tuesday that she supports anything that will reduce deaths in the state's deserts, but she reserved judgment on the program.

"Maybe they will help stem the tide," Napolitano said. "Let's wait and see."

Others say the program takes the wrong approach.

Kat Rodriguez, coordinating organizer for the Tucson-based Derechos Humanos, or Human Rights, said the federal government keeps refusing to acknowledge that its border policies are a failure because they don't address the reason people keep coming.

"Immigrants are still coming because there is an economic need for them to survive," she said. "There is a need and jobs which American employers are hiring them for."

El Paso Mayor Joe Wardy has said he is concerned that the immigrants simply will re-enter the United States illegally in the El Paso area.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:09 AM

Mort;

Dont believe a word of what you just posted, and I will Reapeat DONT BELIEVE A WORD OF WHAT YOU JUST POSTED.

It all boils down to Govt regulations, and the need for persons to work for $6.00 and hour.

Either, White , Black, Hispanic, or whoever, you cant find anyone to work for that cheap unless they are "Illegal".

Hispanics are born and raised here, but the " WET BACKS" arent, and they wont dissappear. Thay are like like Roaches. Kill one and the rest keeps on coming in.

I use to use a couple of them and they always wear a shirt and in the collar of the shirt or jacket is money hidden so they come back as soon as they hit the Mexico Border, and beleive me, they do.

But now days there is a fine up to $2000.00 per one you hire that is not legal, so I said "Adios" to that.

Ifn you want to real nasty about that deal, Tell me whay the Govt ( Bush Jr) want to spend 87 Billion bucks of our tax monies to rebuild Iraq, after we go bomb the fuc- out of it.

That money there could and should go to futhering the future of the USA.

DUH!!!!!!!

enough.........
Old 09-11-2003, 10:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

C'mon Reeb -

Mexican people are not "wetbacks" any more than Africans are "niggers".

Hispanics are a people who are a mix of Spaniard and Mexican, and that gets extended to include anyone from the U.S. border to the southern tip of the Americas.

None of us are like roaches, and once we are killed we don't come back.

I will agree about that $6/hr. pay scale though, but for different reasons. An american can barely survive as a single person on that amount, anywhere, and especially not in a urban area. Governments on BOTH sides of that border know this full well, but will do nothing about it... somebody is doing just fine with things as they are and nothing will change until that changes. Meantime they do not care who suffers.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 12:49 PM

Hawk;

Re Read my reply....

enough..........
Old 09-12-2003, 01:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default BLUE

Some Mexicans, and Guatemalans, and Bolivians, and anybody else who enters this country illegally is a wetback, irrespective of country of orgin or color of skin. Wetback is simply a term that originally referred to border crossers who swam or waded the Rio Grande to get to Texas. I too share the concerns of the mayor of El Paso; unless these people are transported way back into the interior of Mexico, it will only be a matter of hours before they break the law, and re-enter the US.

It is only because of the bleeding hearts that the transfer program is underway at all. By shoving these people back across the border in Arizona, especially in summer, many of them will become buzzard bait. That solution(?) only begs the question: why won't the Mexican government start prosecuting the "coyotes" and at least start to act like they give a shit about their people? I have absolutely no confidence in the government of Mexico to solve or even to begin thinking about solving this problem.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-12-2003, 02:21 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry reeb -

Your statement below says it all - VERITAS
---------------------------------------------------------

Ifn you want to real nasty about that deal, Tell me whay the Govt ( Bush Jr) want to spend 87 Billion bucks of our tax monies to rebuild Iraq, after we go bomb the fuc- out of it.

That money there could and should go to futhering the future of the USA.

DUH!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2003, 02:18 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Scout & Reeb -

I don't doubt what is being said, or the feelings anyhow.

Let's just leave off calling people names if we can, okay?

C'mon guys.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The solution to the porous borders in California, Arizona, and Texas has been evident for some time. The question to ask yourself is who benefits monetarily, economically and in any other way by leaving them this way....you be the judge.

Larry
Old 09-15-2003, 05:09 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Larry -
Seriously, HOW can a stop be put to that?