The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2008, 08:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default D.C. Gun Registration Starts Today

D.C. police will start the gun registration process at 7 a.m. today, when it opens an office at police headquarters at 300 Indiana Ave. NW.
It is the start of the 180-day amnesty period in which residents may register handguns they have had illegally, or guns from other states.
An officer from the gun unit will meet the applicant at the door and take temporary possession of the gun to ensure safety at headquarters.
Officers will tag the gun and run ballistics tests before returning it to the owner. Paperwork indicating that registration is in process will be provided.
About 14 days later, after an FBI background check, the gun will be officially registered and returned.

Steve / 82Rigger
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2008, 09:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I'm sure they're gonna get a TON of illegal handguns. Yeah, right!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Rev,

ONE person has shown up so far to register his gun.

He was sent home because he didn't bring the gun with him!

Ya gotta love it!

Steve / 82Rigger

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-17-2008 at 09:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-17-2008, 11:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Friggin'

IDIOTS!

Hey, I used my gun to murder Lykesia and Dewayne the other day. Better go register it.

IDIOTS!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 07-17-2008, 11:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down

If the same effort to stop legal gun owners was applied to illegal gun owners and bad people , we wouldn't have problems with people wanting to arm themselfs
Old 07-17-2008, 01:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

You know, now that guns are legal again I wish that every law abiding citizen in the "ghettoes" would go out and buy a gun. They know who the drug dealers, pimps and gang members are and it would be a simple task, maybe lasting for a month or so, to take all of these scum out. But that won't happen either, it hasn't happened any other place that guns have been legal. So it continues.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Duh!

What did you expect from a city run by employees whose average IQ is comparable to an onion? Did they really expect a flood of J'Maal's, Tyrone's, and SupaHomBoy to step up and register their pieces, with the inside chance that the ballistics test would prove their guilt?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

From what I have heard the illegal gun market is so big there that all they have to do is throw away the one used in a crime and get another one. I would say a real fear about registration is a gun they haven't used in a crime may have been used elsewhere and then sold on the illegal market. To me there is only one solution and that is for the law abiding citizens to fight back. I think one reason the gang, pimp, drug dealer culture is so imbedded in the inner city is that the populace wants it there and looks up to the scum as role models of success. Blame Whitey.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:20 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Back in the '60's my hometown tried the same thing. The only gun turned in was a very old Daisy BB gun. They also tried to make it so that legally registered guns had to be stored in a police storage facility so that if you wanted your gun you had to go to the station between 8AM to 5PM and sign it out. Some people actually did it until a cop "borrowed" a guy's shotgun to go deer hunting and broke the stock. Within a week all the guns were signed out never to be returned.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If one looks just ever so slightly, one can discern that the basic problem with the 'to register or not' is that government once again has proven itself to be incompetent, unable and non-understanding about the real problem. Perhaps if there had never been such tight gun controls on the law-abiding folks, the gangs, thugs, pimps and other social scum might have never been allowed to run the city.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."