The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2009, 04:05 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Obama's plea

So there he was giving his speal to a audiance and he took a question from the crowd. This lady got up and in almost tears , begged Obama for help in getting a house?
Heres an idea lady, get a job. Obama is not going to give her anything, he can only have taxpayers foot any bills he decides , and this taxpayer says NOOOO. Unless I get one also.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2009, 05:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I'M

HOPING for a CHANGE of truck. Maybe he'll get me a new one.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I need a home.

Will be retiring soon. Could use a home.

Keith
Old 02-12-2009, 08:34 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry

hand picked but no accountability - The Patriot... hand picked but no accountability - The Patriot...

Old 02-12-2009, 11:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Ah Keith doe's that meen you can hang up your suit and tie and become human again. ? when is the retirement date?. I hope Obama doesn't force you to be a free mential heath provider for all those future inmates of the america scouts. they scare me. I just bought 500 more .45 acps at the gun show. I'm a boy scout at heart so Im prepared.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Chris,

I'm moving in with you.

Keith
Old 02-12-2009, 09:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Henrietta Hughes emerged from the crowd at Tuesday's town hall meeting in Fort Myers to tell Obama she and her son were living in a car and needed immediate help. The president asked her name, kissed her on the cheek and promised his staff would work with her.

Chene Thompson, the wife of state Rep. Nicholas Thompson, R-Fort Myers, is letting Henrietta Hughes and her son stay in a house she owns in nearby La Belle rent free until they get back on their feet.

"You don't have to be a politician to put forth a stimulus package," Chene Thompson said during a joint interview with Hughes Thursday on CNN's "American Morning." "This is our own little mini-stimulus package for a person who was a stranger and now is a friend.

"Anybody can help anybody at any time. It doesn't need to be something that comes from Washington; it can come from your own home and from your heart, even if it's for a little bit."

Thompson, who was in the audience, stepped forward afterward to offer Hughes her vacant house, which the Thompsons had to leave because it is outside her husband's legislative district.

"She was sincere and direct and to the point, and she needed help," Thompson said. "And it actually touched me and I started to tear up and I started to cry. ... It sort of broke my heart."

Hughes feels "overwhelming gratitude," she told CNN in the front yard of the house, "because no one would do that."

"Oh, yes they would! Yes they would!" Thompson interjected, wrapping an arm around Hughes' shoulders. "I was just in the right place at the right time." Both women beamed.

The house has remained unsold in southwest Florida's depressed market, Thompson said. She continues to be responsible for paying the mortgage, property taxes, insurance and utilities, so it benefits her to have someone occupying it to keep it from becoming run-down, she said.

According to the White House, the Fort Myers-Cape Coral area had the highest foreclosure rate in the nation last year, with 12 percent of housing units receiving a foreclosure-related notice.

Median housing prices in the Fort Myers metropolitan area have plummeted from $322,000 in December 2005 to less than $107,000 in December 2008, the Obama administration said.

Nearly 12,000 jobs have been lost in Fort Myers in the past year.

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 02-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

If people feel like giving their stuff away, Go right ahead, I would like a Million dollars please, Oh please give me a million , please, please, (tear running down cheak) hand held out, trembeling.

I guess I have to go back to work now, no one wanted to give a White guy anything.
Mabey Jessy will help. Wait, Just how does he earn his income?

This lady is stupid if she thinks having someone occupying her house is going to keep it from being run-down.

Ron
Old 02-13-2009, 08:24 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

The Property Records Of Henrietta Hughes

According to Lee County, Florida property records:
6/18/01 Property (Lot 19, Block 35, Unit 9, Sec. 20, Twnshp 44S, Range 27, Lehigh Acres Subdivision) purchased by Henrietta and Corey Hughes
10/10/03 - $124,400.00 lien release due to payment in full to Henrietta and Corey Hughes.
8/9/06 - Quit claim deed signed by Henrietta Hughes granting full ownership to Corey Hughes.
No transactions since for either Henrietta Hughes or Corey Hughes which means that Corey Hughes still owns the property. Taxes current (paid) on 1/1/09.
There are a number of mortgage lien holder transfers between 2001 and when it was paid off in 2003. This is normal as liens are often sold (think one mortgage holder buying out another). What is interesting is how this lien for $124,400.00 was paid off in less than 28 months.
To access the records:
http://www.leeclerk.org/OR/Search.aspx
Enter last name first, first name last.
Has this property been sold in 2005, a transfer would have been recorded since the county records not only purchases but sales as well. Also, why would someone sell a property they paid at least $124,000.00 for in June, 2001 for $47,000.00 in 2005 when market prices were still high?
The fact is this scam artist did not sell her property that was jointly owned with her son, Corey Lamont, from day one. What she did do was sign a quit claim deed in 2006, giving TOTAL ownership to her son Corey Lamont. I would guess this is because the value of the property would affect SSDI benefits along with Medicare/Medicaid. It would also affect any welfare she might be eligible for under SSDI. My guess is she applied for SSDI and was told that she could only have so much worth. Yet, the 2004 Rochester, NY article states she is already receiving Medicare/Medicaid.
It is also interesting that in 2004, Corey Lamont Hughes sought, and received, free medical treatment in Rochester, NY while he and his mother were still owners of property in Florida…
Retire05 also added this:
Here is the history (remember to keep the lot numbers separate as that is important):
6/18/01 - Henrietta and Corey Hughes purchases Lot 18 and 19, Block 35 of Lehigh Acres
8/17/01 - Henrietta and Corey Hughes purchases Lot 22, Block 35 of Lehigh Acres
10/29/01 - Henrietta and Corey Hughes receives building permit for Lot 19, Block 35 of Lehigh Acres. The builder is Holiday Builders of Cape Coral, Florida
10/29/01 - (same day) Henrietta and Corey Hughes secures mortgage financing from Riverside Bank of The Gulf Coast, Cape Coral, Florida (this would be for the building of the structure constructed by Holiday Builders) in the amount of $124,400.00
7/15/03 - Forclosure filed by Riverside Bank of the Gulf Coast on Lot 19, Block 35 Lehigh Acres in an amount of slightly over $123,600.00 (meaning she paid about $800 of the mortgage in 21 months)
10/16/2003 - Mortgage satisfaction filed by Riverside Bank granting ownership to Henrietta and Corey Hughes for Lot 19, Block 35 of Lehigh Acres for $124,400.00
6/30/05 - Lot 22, Block 35 of Lehigh Acres sold to Homeland, LLC.
8/9/06 - Quit claim deed signed by Henrietta Hughes to Corey Hughes for Lot 18, Block 35 of Lehigh Acres.
She originally owned 3 lots, #18, #19 and #22. Number #22 was sold in 2005 (when she claims she lost her home) to Homeland, LLC in June, 2005 and #18 was transferred to her son, Corey Lamont, on 8/9/06 (signing a quit claim deed gave him total ownership of #18 which they had bought jointly).
I can find no record of any subsequent sales of the home build on Lot 19.
At the very least it would seem that Mrs. Hughes circumstances are not quite the way they have been represented in the media.
(There is further exploration of the topic from Retire05 other correspondents in the comments section.)

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/m...nrietta-hughes

Old 02-18-2009, 07:26 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

http://henriettahughes.com/