The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > New Members

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2005, 10:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

"Welcome Aboard" SteveA, glad to see another fellow Aircraft Electrician " though in the USAF we were called Avionics "
Old 12-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Doc.2/47

Welcome Steve!!
Thank you for your service.

Dentures allow you to place them in someoneelse's chair-thus becomming a long-range pain in the ass. Useful if you wish to avoid retalatory strikes.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:56 AM

Steve, welcome aboard mate. This is a good site. And I feel its the only honest one. We have many issues discussed here about many subjects some of which can get rather heated.

I'm glad you picked our site as we can always use more input on issues that may have out dated some of us. Though I find these guys and gals pretty sharp and will give most a run for their money.

Its frank and truthful and I've been proud to be associated with these ladies and gentlemen for many years now.

Once more Welcome Aboard.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:32 PM

Thanks to all for the warm welcome, I do enjoy the banter between people with similar background , ie..military history, military experiences, etc.

Robert, Hawaii rules. My wife used to be stationed at Barbers from 87-90, she also loved it. I 've been there a few times, Bellows was cool, too.

Jerry,
the Navy comm/nav guys at rated as "AT", they do the hard-core tron - chasing, "AE" get more involved with engines, hydraulics and the like. Every few years the Navy talks about combining both rates, but it has not happened. I think the Coasties DID combine them, but not to sure ?
Truth be told, I'am kinda spent on the whole aircraft-repair thing, and will be looking to do something else.
Anyways, here's to those who freeze (or sweat) on the flight lines around the globe !

As for the biting, please don't leave any marks, the Mrs. would bring down the "hammer" and that ain't no fun !!