The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2003, 03:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Talking Any Snow Out There?

Ok you'se guys from the wrong coast tell bubba all about your snow. And I'll tell you how I all ready have to mow my yard. Now really what would you really rather have snow to shovel or grass to mow for another nine months. You can give me snow I'll hire some young kid to shovel the drive and i'll watch with a hot buttered RUM . Andy I seen a report that said boston has had record snow falls the most since 1918 is that so? :cd:
Old 02-18-2003, 07:27 AM

I'm stuck at home for the second day running. The company who usually plows our condo did a halfassed job and left all but two of the cars in the lot plowed in. I was on a ship at Marcus Hook anchorage Sunday Night in the middle of the snow storm. (was more scared coming down the accomodation ladder to get onto the launch in the middle of the river than I was on any jump I ever made) and it took me 2 1/2 hours to drive the 29 miles back to Cherry Hill only to be stranded here. I've got 2 ships down in the Port of Wilmington and I can't get there. Thankfully the Port isn't doing anything today except plowing the snow away from the docks. No loading or un-loading is going on as the Longshoremen will not work in this crap. According to the weather channel, this is the 6th worst snow in the Philly area since records were started in 1888. I believe it!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 08:21 AM

hey col...blame me cause i moved
buffalo to n.j. just for this week...
welcome to the wrath of mother nature..

dan t
Old 02-19-2003, 07:40 AM

Default Snow

Here's what the Port of Wilmington, DE looked like yesterday.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:20 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Thumbs down Snow job

I have a post and rail fence in my front yard. Well, that's what I remember, you can't see it. Boston ended up with more snow than the big one back in '92, that's 1892. We only got 22 inches but the wind was blowing at a steady 30 MPH, there was a little drift in front of the garage, or where I'm sure the garage is. Note to self: paint that damn thing bright orange so you can see it next winter. The New England white with black trim is out!
The funny part about all this is Saturday we're supposed to have a temp. of 46 and it's going to rain hard. Followed by several days when it will not reach 32 degrees. No one can recall where the storm drains are, except they're under packed snow. Hence, Sunday we're going to be in a huge ice palace.
On the bright side, the wood stove is still pumping out the BTU's and if you leave the door open it's like a fireplace, which always makes my lady a tad frisky. Did I ever mention most people around here are born in the fall? (Both of our son's and one of my sisters in September, my other sister in October, my mother, wife and both her sisters in November. See a trend?)
This much snow isn't good. But what bothers me is when the temp gets below 20 degrees. At that point these old bones hurt. I have no idea how I used to "walk a beat" when I was a cop. We've had at least two dozen days/nights when the wind chill factor was below zero. Very bad juju.

Stay healthy, stay warm,
Andy
Old 02-19-2003, 08:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default only...

...got 12", and it don't bother me a bit that evryone else got the major potion of it ...

...stove is crankin',... mine starts sucking air, and it HUMS so loud if the ash pan door is open,...the term is "overfiring", and it sends the chimney thermostat to 500 to 800 degrees, not good, 475-485 is super when you can stoke it for the night...

...almost have the dog trained to bring in a log when he's done with his "stuff", but instead of bringing them to the wood stove, he runs in his kennel with them, just can't get him to drink more water to piss more often to...

...now if I can only get him to put um in the stove...............

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-19-2003, 06:42 PM

Tough to live with , but tough to live without . We have the makings of another drought . Haven't seen a snow like you lucky people are getting since 1984.