The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2006, 08:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ol' Jimmah Carter

Former President Jimmy Carter has sided with the likes of Cuba and Egypt and is pressing for a vote in the United Nations against American policy regarding the U.N. Human Rights Commission. [Is anybody really surprised? This woos had the worst foreign policy in recent years, including giving away the Panama Canal, both ends of which are now controlled by Clinton's friends, the Chinese Communists.]

At a recent dinner he attended in New York, Carter discussed the ongoing negotiations concerning an attempt to replace the ineffectual Geneva-based commission with a more accountable Human Rights Council. Carter assured guests at the dinner ? including the ambassadors from Cuba, Pakistan and Egypt ? that the U.S. would not dominate all other nations in the council, the New York Sun reports. [Uhh, Earth to Carter: you ain't the President any more, thank God, so you're speaking only as a private citizen.]

But the next day, American?s U.N. Ambassador John Bolton demanded that the five permanent members of the Security Council have permanent seats on the new council. [Attaboy, John, at least somebody is speaking up for America!]

Carter told the Council on Foreign Relations on Thursday that Bolton?s demand "subverted exactly what I have promised? the ambassadors. [Uhh, Jimmah, see my note above about who you really are.]

Carter said he called Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and she told him Bolton?s statement was not going to be honored. Despite that assurance, Bolton?s stance "became American policy,? the Sun reports.

Carter told the Council: "My hope is that when the vote is taken, the other members will outvote the United States.?

Bolton has said that the new council must be a clear departure from the discredited Human Rights Commission or efforts to improve the protection of human rights will be undermined.

Carter?s opposition to U.S. efforts to reform the commission is hard to fathom. Some of the world?s worst violators of basic human rights have won seats on the commission, and current members include Sudan, which is carrying out genocide, and Nepal, whose monarch has suspended basic liberties. [Another Earth to Carter message: check the reality meter before opeing pie-hole.]

Publications that customarily do not support the Bush administration or Bolton, including the New York Times and the Washington Post, have come out in support of Bolton?s efforts.

The Times declared in an editorial: "When it comes to reforming the disgraceful United Nations Human Rights Commission, America?s ambassador, Jon Bolton, is right.? [Final note to Carter: stick to peanut farming, something about which you know a little.]

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2006, 08:39 AM

scot for once I agree with you about Jimmy Carter he was a joke. and OH. YEAH HE AGREES WITH GIVING away our prots SO IT must be wrong.

razz
Old 03-03-2006, 10:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default razz

Congratulations on seeing the light! Seriously, anybody that would support the asinine positions of Jimmah does NOT have the best interests of the United States of America at heart. He was an abysmal failure as a president, and no better as an ex-president.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 03-03-2006, 11:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Reality time, human rights conflicts with totalitarian control and therein, control trumps rights. The two never have and never will co-exist in the same culture.

Jim bob has been flim-flaming totalitarianism since Hector was a pup, and I reckon that was about the time he figured out he couldn?t manage a worm-wrestling match in a pluralistic culture. I mean, how good can it feel to be overwhelmingly acknowledged as the most screwed up US Pres. in current history. We have had some real screwed up ones in times past, but Jim bob is a cut above mere screwed up; he?s Archie Bunker?s vision of a dingbat or these days I guess the term is ?moonbat?.

As it is, the UN Human Rights Commission has the ravenous rats in charge of the groceries. My bias is to just shut the damn thing down and admit we can?t get there from here through the UN and are doing infinitely more harm than good. There has to be a better way.

Scamp
Old 03-03-2006, 06:36 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

"One of the things I assured them of was that the United States was not going to dominate all the other nations of the world in the Human Rights Council," Mr. Carter said. However, on the next day, Mr. Carter said, Mr. Bolton publicly "demanded" that the five permanent members of the Security Council will have permanent seats on the new council as well, "which subverted exactly what I have promised them," Mr. Carter said.

"So I called Condoleezza Rice and told her about the problem, and she said that that statement by our representative was not going to be honored, " he said. But despite Mr. Carter's assessment that there are "a lot of people" in Washington who oppose Mr. Bolton on the Human Rights Council, Mr. Bolton's opposition to the proposed new structure became American policy.

Carter's working to subvert U.S. diplomacy is nothing new; but his apparent belief that he can speak on behalf of the country while doing so is rather stunning.

It must drive him crazy to know that John Tyler was a member of the Confederate Congress when he died in 1862; that makes it hard for Carter to surpass Tyler as the most anti-American ex-president in history. But we doubt he'll ever stop trying.

(Wall Street Journal-Opinion Journal)

Old 03-04-2006, 06:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Joy

Your post is proof-positive that Jimmah is trying desperately to maintain the title of Worst President in American History. Compare and constrast the conduct of other former presidents, from Carter to Ford to Bush 41 to Clinton, and it is painfully apparent that Democrat former presidents can't keep their mouths shut, and have little class.