The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default another Christan Holiday comming under fire

Easter is just around the corner and I see people are speaking out against easter.
Why is it that Christian holidays are being under attack?
My opinion is because of taxpayers money or land involved in the holiday.
If people want to have Happy easter on there land theres no problem, but when the same people want happy easter on taxpayers land (a median, park, etc) then there is a problem.
Why are Christans so intent on putting Christian symbols on public land. People that believe in any other religon don't care if Christains put cross's on there land but do care when the cross appears on the side of a road for what ever reason.
I was driving down the road yesterday and seen a 'City of Sugar Land' truck putting up Happy easter signs on light poles, This aint right, Easter is a religous holiday and people that are paid with tax dollars shouldn't be involved with a religous holiday, unless they are involved with all religons and that would take away from there job which they are getting paid to do.
The cross, Bible, easter bunny, Marry,10 commandments, etc. do not belong in or on taxpayers land or buildings.

Try to make this a un name calling thread. Christains have the right to there religon, but non-christains shouldn't have to be part of the christain relion.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2006, 08:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Ron:

The Easter Bunny is not a Christian symbol!
They can keep the Bunny on Public Lands, its not a Christian Symbol.

We as Christians would gladly give the Easter Bunny to the public.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Kieth

You may have missed the point just a smiggon.

Santa ain't christain either but they both are also.

Ron
Old 04-11-2006, 08:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post NO Ron,

I understood your point but you missed my point. Christmas and Easter have become so secularized that most Christians believe they are no longer a religious holiday but a secular holiday.

Santa Clause and reindeer are secular not religious so if they are secular then it ceases to be a religious holiday celebration.
The Easter Bunny and Easter Egg hunts aren't religious so because they are secular they are no longer religious therefore how you celebrate Easter determines if the holiday is religious or secular.

My opinion is: So much of Christmas and Easter Celebration is secular and therefore doesn't infringe on anyone's rights.

Just because it started out as a religious holiday doesn't make it a religious holiday. It's how its celebrated that makes the difference.

Keith
Old 04-11-2006, 08:42 AM

As a believer who is working out his salvation with fear and trembling, I am beginning to believe that a disciple should live a life reflecting the birth, ministry, death and resurrection of our Lord. What the world does, or even what the 'church' does to mark a particular day, really is not of much importance.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Robert J Ryan

Right Advisor. This Sunday will be a special day, a day to commerate the reserecution of our Lord. I will go to church and par take of the religious ceromoines involved, and then will par take of on the fun side of Easter with help from the Easter Bunny for my Grand Children. And I will also remember that this Firday, Good Friday, the Lord died for our sins.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:26 AM

This sunday is a very special day for me also having given my life to the Lord 16 years ago, but it's sad to say most people to whom say their in the army of the Lord are AWOL all but the two days that we are talking about.

razz
Old 04-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Holidays

If the symbols of Christianity (Santa, Christmas trees, Eggs, Bunny) are not part of the Christain religon then what is wrong with getting rid of the symbols on public property. Public land/buildings should not have ANY symbols of anything other than what the land/building was made for.

Kieth, you wrote "So much of Christmas and Easter Celebration is secular and therefore doesn't infringe on anyone's rights." then what would be wrong with getting rid of all the secular stuff? If its secular then what is/are they doing on public land/buildings. I think its only secular if its being used as a christain holiday and an excuse for christains to fight to keep the symbols on public land/building.
Nobody has a problem if someone puts an easter bunny on a christmas tree with santa on there land, It becomes a problem when the land/building is a public place.

Ron
Old 04-11-2006, 10:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ok
Cut down the tree, shoot the bunny, and deport Santa.......Christmas will always be the birth of Christ, Good Friday will be the day Christ died for our sins and Easter is the day Christ risen. Thats the way I was taught and thats what I practice. No ones going to change that
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-11-2006, 10:13 AM

Because Ron, lots of people who say they are Christians like to whine about being persecuted. Trouble is they don't know what persecution really is.
I frankly don't care what the secular world does...don't mean nuthin!
Oh, by the way, in reading the Bible I find that the early Church did not call themselves Christians..they were called that by those who did not know Christ. Kinda makes me wonder why we have to tell everyone we're Christians..maybe because we don't walk the talk? Hmmm..something to ponder.