The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2002, 05:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default all very simple and believable

I just got the notification from the DAV(which is technically no longer my advocate)
70 % disability PTSD
10% disability tinnitus
0% disability bilateral hearing loss

well I guess they bought the story despite all the changes (snicker) I'm not sure what this means, they must have inadvertantly left the check out. If Ida known I was stagering around this disabled all this time, Ida axed for a disabled license plate.
Is unemployability a seperate issue? Everybody knows I'm hard to live with.

perplexed,
James
Old 11-25-2002, 08:40 AM

yes at 80% should be fairly eazy but don't hold me to that when f&&king with thw feds nothing is eazy.
razz
Old 11-25-2002, 09:33 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Thumbs up James

To the VA 70% plus 10% equals 70%. Billr could give you an emplination but bottom line is, it's 70%. If you are 70% you can apply for and usually will recieve Unemployabily making you 100%. However to recieve that, generally you have to be unemployed, which I guess makes sense.

For once the VA got it right. I've always believed you were 30% sane and now the Federal Government has proof! Congrads my friend.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 09:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking 30% Sane

Now that's a stretch!
Andy you and I are 30% sane and that means we just may be the saniest on this site.
I give James about 15% and that might be a stretch.

Sorry James but I just couldn't resist. Andy, you started it all, its not my fault.

Keith

I still love ya James.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:57 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Angry Sir

I'll have you know the Federal Government of these United States says that I am 70% sane! Everytime I go there they suggest I do the six week program however I decline. They don't have private rooms, the cable TV is very poor, there is no smoking in the buildings and they won't let me have conjugal visits Monday thru Saturday. (You can't go higher than 30% at our VA without the six week program.)
Keith is 30%, let me think about that.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 11-25-2002, 10:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I'll be damned!

The VA almost got something right. They were 70% correct....now, send them an email, one of your long ones, and they will easily grant you the other 30%!

I would definately ask billr for the poop. I've been out of it too long to give good VA advice anymore. Now I can just sit back and watch the comments start flying about "I've been out of it too long...".

Congratulations and

ABU!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 11-25-2002, 10:49 AM

I'm 100% nuts are so my wife says and the va agrees with her .
razz
Old 11-25-2002, 11:31 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 70%

70% of what? Are they sure they got the right guy, The James I met is at least 95% of something.
Ron
Old 11-25-2002, 01:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

VA Logic.....

80% is 70% and they will pay you 50%. They will send you back pay from the time you applied. You have to apply for unemployability and it takes just as long for them to decide as the first time but the good news is they will pay you back pay to the time you first applied for disability. This is definitely worth doing because 100% however it is added up gives you a bunch of additional benefits as well as the back pay. There is a certain prestige in being US Government certified nuts. Now wouldn't that make a good bumper sticker: Government Certified 100% Nuts.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:13 PM

Default Combined Ratings

First of all, I'm not even going to begin to address the subject of James' level of sanity. Greater minds than I have tried and failed.

For a quick lesson on how VA computes a combined rating you have to start with the assumption of a 100% able man. The disability ratings are meant to reflect the percentage of your employability that has been affected by the disabilities. The computations are then based on the diminishing equivalents of an "able" man's remaining ability.

You always start with the highest rated disability and take that percentage of 100%. In this case it is 70%. Muliplying 100 by 70%we get 70%, leaving the able portion of the veteran as 30% able. You then multiple the remaining 30% by the second disability, which is 10%. That gives you 3%. You add the 3% to the 70% and you get 73%. Rounded off to the nearest equivalent of 10 gives you the combined rating of 70%.

Now don't think that I just did that from memory. I keep a little article in my desk that I have to refer to everytime someone asks me how the VA comes up with these ratings. I too rely on a computer program to do the math for me.

James - now that the VA has rated you 10% for tinnitus, maybe your wife will understand why you keep telling her to answer that damn phone.

Bill R.

A civil servant is sometimes like a broken cannon, it won't work and you can't fire it.
George S. Patton, Jr.