The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2005, 10:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

John,
I pray for you on Saturday.. I have faith in you.. You will be fine.
love ya
Tina

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2005, 03:39 AM
Doc.2/47

'Puter's been down or I woulda jumped on in here quicker.

I have no doubts that the reunion will be great.I hope that y'all's trip to the wall will bring a measure of peace and healing.After considerable encouragement from y'all on here,I finally made it to the traveling wall a year or so ago.No problems...unless ya count that little period of time when I was unable to see,breathe,talk,stand, or walk.Musta tripped.Got to tell Harry that he was STILL an asshole for duckin out on the plans we'd made for back in the world.

We'll be thinkin about ya an wishin ya well.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Bro John

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperScout Now to the current time: as your bro, I'd say go the Wall, and wrap your arms around your own feelings since they're your own, and experience that moment. If someone is with you that really loves you, they'll be wrapping their arms around you, giving you support, love and encouragement. Then you can say those long-suppressed Hellos to your fallen mates, and receive the glow that they have responded from their Fiddler's Green.

Scouts Out!!
Brice
Thats very poetic of you Brice and I have to say we agree on this .
John: I haven't yet been to a unit reunion but Ive reunited with 2 of the people who meant the most to me in the war (Dan and Woody) Can't speak for them but it meant a lot for me. What goes around, comes around. Ths Psycovets things have the same meaning for me, it's like I served with you guys but not but just the same
Ihaven't been to the real wall but went to the traveling wall. Its just plastic, same like the real wall's just stone. Nothing to hurt you there.
Stay good
James
Old 06-09-2005, 06:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default John

I suppose you're on the road to D.C. by now. So I'll say a little prayer to hopefully keep you well and safe on your journey.

I've had the good fortune of visiting the Wall almost every year since 1992. What they say about it being "Hallowed Ground" is true. First time was the hardest.............I was a wreck! Since then it has become a place of "healing" and comfort.

God speed and bless you and all your friends and I hope you'll all get a chance to visit again!

Be well my brother.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Missed a phone call from LT

But he left a message, said he met 3 people from his platoon and was having a good time.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up I made it , Thank you !

Drove up Thursday and 10 hours later got to the Hotel where the reunion was in DC. Ride up was quite , I turned the radio off and thought about the past the whole way.There were 3 people there that were in my platoon and we were like peas in a pod the whole reunion. Bobby was a machinegunner, Doc was a Doc and Terry was my FO. I hadn't seen any of them in 34 years. Most of the conversations started with " Remember the day ( insert event , some sad some funny )" and we did ! different views and details but we all remembered. Saturday morning we took busses to the Wall , I told them I didn't know how I would be acting. When we got to the start of the Wall I stopped and almost ran away but Bobby and Doc put their arms over my shoulders and said " Lets go LT and visit with our brothers " I went and we found the panel where most of them were and I put a picture of my grandson there for them to see.Told them I was sorry it had taken me so long to get there. It was very peaceful and healing.... I wasn't saying goodby I was saying Hello to my brothers. Tears flowed but like 34 years ago we watched out for each other. Doc said he thinks about me every day and thinks I saved his ass cause I shot 2 NVA that were shooting at him. I barley remember it. Sat . night we had a dinner with families invited. There were several sons and daughters of fallen troopers there and they were honored.Sunday at 0500 hrs I left the hotel headed for Atlanta and learned a valuable lesson. Don't smoke anything until you are sure you are on the right road. As I approached Savannah I knew a big error in navagation had been made . Thank you all for all the help in getting me there.Together Then , Together Again
Old 06-13-2005, 07:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default LT

Did I ever tell you that you're one of my heroes? What a splendid demonstration of strength, courage and dedication to The Fallen, irrespective of your own personal misgivings and fears. You Da Man! You had and have bunches out ruck-humpin' for you, covering your flanks, and running point.
Thanks for the very positive report!
Brice
Scouts Out!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-13-2005, 07:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 
Thumbs up

Homie,
You done good .... again
(written after the sandstorm stopped)

Any pics Lt?

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 06-13-2005, 09:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sounds like all went well.....What you need to do is get a GPS system, then you can smoke anywhere without getting lost
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 06-13-2005, 12:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

Tears tend to heal. Crying together as a common bond certainly helps too. Nice job LT. And as we all say, "We will never forget."

b3196,
He just won't be able to read the GPS.