The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2003, 04:37 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

...and I ain't finished with 'em yet, crap, been thinkin' 'bout it fer the last 3 hours (I'm glad Keith intervened gentlemen), tee hee!

Here's something else, along the lines of what Razz is aiming at...

The positives are as Little Sparrow described them, fairly specifically, although I wouldn't be one to say as some do that this is THE GREATEST nation on earth, cuz that has a tendency to get out of hand real quick... we are a really wonderful people (most of us most of the time) and this land is bounteous like few others, and we are generous and kind usually, but some of us do not play well with others and that's why others like to poke sticks in our eyes from time to time. It hurts, and blood happens as a result. So happens that the not playing well occurs with some regularity on a global scale, and news reporting is our only way to know about anything good or bad unless we're on a front line of some kind someplace in which case we're not usually free to express opinions freely.

FOX News has the only early Sunday morning talk fare that I believe IS fair and balanced, and the so-called "Beltway Boys" are very reasonable thoughtful people. I am always glad, however, that George Will can be heard elsewhere on the Lord's Day though, still.

Now that CROSSFIRE has been compacted into fewer minutes, and has been saddled with an audience, fer crissake, that once good program has gone the way of "Survivor".

Buchanan and Press is a pretty good show, O'Reilly and Hannity oughta watch more TV, listening and learning how to make a point without being barbaric Ugly Americans.

One thing I like about Tim Russert's MEET THE PRESS is that he tends to put people's quotes on the screen and ask them to respond to what they have said in the past... of course, they diddle and piddle with a tulip dance afterward, but what else is new... this is why some of us think they are fibbing.

I find it very hard to believe that anybody on any of these shows would intentionally be disrespectful of our military, in fact they go out of their way to avoid showing and saying stuff that maybe ought to be sometimes. Our stomachs can stomach bad news. I haven't seen what others say they are seeing, in other words.

Problem is, some of the time, especially on TV, and at different times on every channel, the arrogance of the Host or Anchor really can become insufferable... and I get the feeling that they see themselves as a straight-line special unlimited access to anything, and are allowed to make any claim or conclusion that comes to mind, fairly heedless of the effect it might have on viewers. It seems like they are more interested in MAKING news than in reporting it. That's why I liked the old guys, like Cronkite... he seemed to have human decency, along with some others.

What I am trying to get at is that they are institutionally encouraged, often times, to behave that way... O'Reilly's show cannot possibly be NUMBA UNO on the basis of informative news content, in other words, which is what a news program is supposed to be about. He got up there because some of us out here are so frustrated with the donkey ballet happening on other shows that it's ANY PORT IN A STORM... I actually see that he has a place, but it ain't news that's being given, and I am sure there is some kind of a tether on his neck as it is anyway... it IS possible to go too far, and even the networks will come down harsh in those cases, thusfar. A lot of decent bright patriotic compassionate leaders WILL NOT go on O'Reilly or with Hannity or Cotruvo because they KNOW they are gonna be ambushed... I wouldn't either. Greta seems to have control of herself, on the other hand.

Whatever Rio Linda Scout has to say will be well worth hearing, so I look forward to it when I get back from some knuckle busting.

For what it's worth...

"Something's happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear..."

Gotta go see what Bones is having for coffee this mornin'...the sandman left a heavy eyeload last night.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2003, 09:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Now,now Sis.....

Sean Hannity ..cute? Naw, he talkith too much and sayith too little. Now then, Lori Dhew is what cute is about I?d say.

Scamp
Old 09-02-2003, 09:52 AM

Most of these anchor's need one on their as_ and tossed overboard.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 09-02-2003, 12:40 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Quote:
although I wouldn't be one to say as some do that this is THE GREATEST nation on earth
How can you defend her if you don't believe she is?

Your words remind me of a song about California...

"They talk about your bad side California..they say that you're an evil tainted pearl but it's them that court yourfavors that misuse you...so tell them you are not that kinda of girl"

I seethis country throughdifferent eyes. I see her through the hearts and the hands of those that come together aftera disaster to reach out to the suffering ones. I see her through men and women that will rally around when there is a draught inTexas and the ranchers can't feed their cattle but never mind the farmers in Kansas are coming with truckloads of hay. I see her in the willing hearts and minds of those that have little but give much when a tornado or hurricanecuts a path of destruction through the life of their neighbors. I saw her in the faces of those rescuse workers that spent hours digging through the rubble of Oklahoma City and again in New York. I watched her spirit run with those Fireman and Police Officers that ran toward the towers and not away from them. I see her courage in the hearts of those young men and women that continue to believe thatshe is the Greatest Nationon earth and still worth defending inspite of the Monday morning quarterbacks that would have done it different or better or not at all.

"And I'd gladly stand up next to them and defend her still today, Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land. God Bless The USA"

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 09-02-2003, 01:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Questions and Comments

Just what is the cause for such implied criticism of the American Enterprise Institute? Is it because that they are a conservative think tank, with some of the brightest and best brains in the country on the payroll? Or is the liberal paranoia peeking out from under the sidewalk cracks again?

Walter Cronkite? The "most trusted man in America..." who helped peddle the atrocious lie that the Tet offensive was an American defeat? It was blithering dolts like him that helped convince back-home Americans that our slaughter of the equivalent of 12 divisions of the enemy somehow can be interpreted as an American defeat.

And despite widespread support and opinion polls favoring the war in Iraq, Cronkite intoned in his patronizing manner that the American people were "... not very keen, not very aware, and not very sophisiticated about getting the information it needs..." Well, thank you, you pompous windbag, but I don't need you to tell me where to oget my info from in order to make my decisions or to form my opinion. Maybe because most people weren't watching the demonstarted slant on the news being peddled by CBS, NBC, ABC and CNN, causing their revenues to fall, their credibility to plummet, and their bias to become even more evident. People have tired of the drivel that's been peddled for so long by the mainstream media, and now with the FNC on the scene, the stuck hogs are squealing their protests. You may also give thought to the "whys" about the successes of the conversative movement, like Rush Limbaugh, Neal Boortz, Sean Hannity, and a host of other commentators, entertainers, authors - their ideas are well- reasoned, they are approved of by an enormously large number of people, and the failures of liberalism have become manifested.

Sis, if you're turned on by guys with pretty hair, I need to send you a picture! And Scamp, your assesment of Ms. Laurie Dhue is right on target. She could to things to me that I wouldn't even complain about.....

Kumbaya my happy Arse!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-02-2003, 01:33 PM

Give them hell SuperScout, their down to sarcastic name calling, I'd follow you into hell after the devil himself.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default OK Keith,

I'll try that!

I'm looking at the guy on my right (now just take a guess WHO that could be!) and I'm gonna say something nice----- Uhhhh, uhhhh, uhh---well you're STILL full of shit--but, maybe not such a bad guy after all---

Now I'm look at the guy on my left---(could be any upstanding, handsome, debonair, smart, well-meaning fellow----HELL that's a MIRROR----I'm looking at ME!)---Well, old friend in the mirror sometimes you're almost as full of shit as that guy on your RIGHT, and YOU ain't such a bad guy either! (you'll notice I said---SOMETIMES)--the "frequency" of manure emissions being conveyed by the feller on the---right---are MUCH more than the other fellers---

Anyway, I'm actually a more "middle-of-the-road" moderate than a "lefty" that I get accused of anywho! :cd: :cd: :cd:

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:39 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Scamp...

I never hear a word he says...

Come on, fess up now, bet that's true about you and Lori Dhew...

Scout...

You sent me a pic ages ago and I forwarded it to Lori. You mean you haven't heard from her yet :cd:

Gimpy...

I thought I was the only one around here with a talking mirror....

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 09-02-2003, 03:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Just some thoughts on the Press.

I don't like using the word conspiracy. I would rather use the word biased. We are all opinionated and therefore biased and so is the press and various reporters.

Since Nixon and his fall from grace, his faults exposed by the press. The Press (both Liberal and Conservative) have taken great pride in destroying someone's life by digging up the dirt and exposing them. Sooooo since Nixon and his fall from grace the new press feels it has an obligation for exposing the faults of others. And they search, find, and destroy very well. The sad part about all this search and destroy is that: many a good man or woman has had some misdeed done exposed that was far in the past or it was done but not purposely or maliciously. And the good 'ole' press comes along and systematically destroys their lives. Now, this has happened to good folks on both sides of the political spectrum. The press really doesn't care who it destroys as long as it is destroying and that is sad. Watergate and the fall of Nixon is directly related to Clinton and his impeachment hearings, in that it was the press which pushed the issue. So the bias of the press often leads to the destruction of good folks. No I don't condone what Nixon did, and I don't condone the circus in White House during the Clinton but I sometimes wonder if attitude of the press in digging up the dirt has done more harm than good. Maybe they could use better judgement and realize that truth is often painful and can do an awful lot of damage to good men. I personally hope they would use better discretion. Bad stuff must be reported if truly terrible things are going on with in government which will eventually taint our government. But there is so much being reported. Or should I say, "Do I really need to know that."

It is my hope that the press will begin use more wisdom before blabbing all over the air waves and in our newspapers. I hope we can save the press in order for them to save themselves from themselves.

I hope none of us are guilty of turning our biases into conspiracies. The press both liberal and conservative should be ashamed of itself. But, they lack the depth or wisdom or intellect recognize the damage they have done.

Keith
Old 09-03-2003, 09:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Keith,
I?m not sure anyone is clean on this issue. Both political parties have organizations that have the soul purpose of digging up dirt on political opponents. Most media outlets have some political axe to grind and write and/or script accordingly and that?s getting more obvious by the day. Then we have a plethora of non-political sensational stuff floating around on a continual basis and there is just the simple news. And last but not least, we have a public that loves some dirt, sensationalism, etc. I guarantee that if the interest level weren?t present there would be no market for all that. So I reckon it?s a multi faceted three-dimensional chicken-egg situation and any concepts of privacy went out the window long ago. If they?re any aspiring politicos out there, they had better be a St. Teresa or know to bury stuff so that it can never come to light.

Scamp

P.S.
And Sis,
I have been accused (unfairly??????) of having bias toward racy blonds and that?s all I?m going to fess up about. I?ll take the Fifth now and get a horrid case of amnesia. Lori who? Like my best pal Forrest Gump would say, ?That?s all I have to say about that?. :cl: