The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2004, 10:33 AM

James,
Are you kidding? I'd never do anything like that! Although I understand it was the one place you could light up in plain view, get really "nice" and walk away NOT hungry.
I had forgotten it was the summer of love. My girlfriend wrote me and told me about a love in she attended and I thought " what the fark is this sh!t?" As I recall we were demonstrating our emotions in a decidedly different way in the Song Ve.
If I'm not mistaken, that moron, Norris, got out, changed his name to Wolfowitz and took to playing Patton in local theatrical venues before getting a job somewhere in the pentagon.

Joke for you.

Bush gets off his chopper at the white house with a pig under each arm and the Marine guard snaps to attention somewhat stunned. The president appologizes for not returning his salute and the Marine says "Those are nice pigs Sir!" The president says, " These are'nt pigs son, they're Texas razorbacks and I got them for Cheney and Rumsfeld." The Marine does'nt miss a beat and replies, " Nice trade Sir!"

Once a grunt always a grunt!
Airborne!

Dan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2004, 09:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by pighmpr James,
Are you kidding? I'd never do anything like that! Although I understand it was the one place you could light up in plain view, get really "nice" and walk away NOT hungry.
I had forgotten it was the summer of love. My girlfriend wrote me and told me about a love in she attended and I thought " what the fark is this sh!t?" As I recall we were demonstrating our emotions in a decidedly different way in the Song Ve.
If I'm not mistaken, that moron, Norris, got out, changed his name to Wolfowitz and took to playing Patton in local theatrical venues before getting a job somewhere in the pentagon.

Joke for you.

Bush gets off his chopper at the white house with a pig under each arm and the Marine guard snaps to attention somewhat stunned. The president appologizes for not returning his salute and the Marine says "Those are nice pigs Sir!" The president says, " These are'nt pigs son, they're Texas razorbacks and I got them for Cheney and Rumsfeld." The Marine does'nt miss a beat and replies, " Nice trade Sir!"

Once a grunt always a grunt!
Airborne!

Dan
Ah Dan Dan Dan

I'm glad I named my son after you. I told you about the new Bush Cheney bumpersticker didn't I? This Time ELECT US!!
Well Ive convinced at least 6 people now to not vote for Bush--still working on Tom L?? (lol)

Well you know where I was in The Summer of Love but I actually did spend the Spring Of Love in the Haight Ashbury and Berkeley. They gave me a 45 day leave, probably figuring I wouldn't be needing the other 45. I'd wear a pile cap on my head and tell everyone I just got out of jail (they cut your hair in those days)
The stuff I did there, for the first time-which need not be detailed right here--sorta put a whole new dimension on the Vietnam War for me if you catch my drift.
Remember hitting the bowl in that firebase north of Quang Ngai. with Frenchy and Zero? Thats when we finally knew who all was cool in that platoon. Frenchy busted me firing up a J that I'd gotten from those little ol mamasans spying the place out and after that it was a team effort. That was the only time I remember spending any time at all in bunkers with the 101st, the rest of the time it was humping. Spending time in those bunkers was what they considered time off for us.
Later on, in the rear, you could always tell a head by the Doctor Grabow YelloBole stem sticking out of his shirt pocket

Abu
James

PS:Youre dead right about Norris and Wolfowitz
Old 05-25-2004, 10:49 AM

I believe that was my first time. It was if Doc Weems was there. Remember him? Guy was black as night with a great smile and gentle soul. I believe he was killed by friendly fire. Anyway, he had a pipe whose bowl was carved like the stereotypic " Darkie".
The bowl was covered by a "hat" that screwed off. It was quite an ice breaker! It was his wonderful way of poking fun at stereotypes.

As far as changing Tom, one might as well try to kiss a train. He and I have been arguing for almost 25 years. Which reminds me of a story about a mutual friend of Tom and mine. He was a carpenter who worked for me, nick-named Critter. One day he showed up for work with the back of his knuckles all scratched up and I asked him what had happened. He said he had gotten so pissed at his wife during a fight, he hit a brick wall. He didn't want to hit her, so he hit the wall. The next day I saw his wife and we got to talking about it. She said " Yeah he did that. You know, Critter, he'd rather fight than fock! But, on the other hand, so would I!"
Well, that pretty much sums up Tom and my relationship. I love him as a brother, even when he's wrong, but I forgive him and we go on. LOL
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote