The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2004, 01:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sis

What John said.......

Look for, (but don't be surprised if one isn't available), a Suggestion Box. Stuff that mutha with how you would improve the situation, within reason, and include an anonymous telephone number for a response. Hell, I'll send them mine, thenwe can have some real fun! Demand a response, or infomr them ever so gently that you have friends in high places in "60 Minutes" or some local news department. Embarrassment can be a wonderful motivator - same-same, fear.
Scouts and Prayers Out!!
Brice

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2004, 12:03 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-14-2004, 02:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Prayers for you and yours.

Larry
Old 05-15-2004, 11:04 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-16-2004, 04:07 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default What To Do?

This whole situation pisses me off-enough so that I`m going to try and do something about it.To me it`s very clear;the patients on this specific unit are NOT getting the basic care that they need and that they deserve.No need for me to go into detail here regarding specific shortcomings-don`t matter.What DOES matter is that if and when Bob has to return to this ward that his needs are met,AND that the veterans that are there now are treated well and with the dignity they deserve.

So..Monday,first light,Milwaukie VAMC will see their switchboard light up with calls beginning with the patient advocate and on up to the Director of the facility to DEMAND that Bob and the other veterans in their charge recieve professional health care.

Help me with this effort.Pick up the phone and call.Take no prisoners!

Peace,Griz
Old 05-16-2004, 05:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sis, the whole point of palliative care is to not focus on a cure but rather to put all the focus on meeting the patient's comfort needs. Obviously this is not being done. They have probaby seen this as an opportunity to cut costs since there is no focus on curing the patient. In reality, they need more nursing personnel. I take issue with nurses that won't stand up for their patients. That is just as much a part of their job as giving shots. They just don't care. I am sure there are other places to work around there. Do make the noise, there are people to talk to. There are patient advocates, Quality Review people and Nursing managers. In my experience the squeaky wheel does get the grease. Tell those nurses they are supposed to be sticking up for their patients. By the way, that is by law. Their licenses can be jerked if they allow neglect. Just go in there and keep calm and just tell them what you have observed and how it makes you feel.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:08 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Re: What To Do?

Old 05-16-2004, 08:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The ultimate weapon to use is to mention reporting abuse to the state board of nursing. There would at least be a hearing and this would scare the sh.. out of them.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:15 PM

Distinctions

Thanks,Fred..I got somer cannon fodder to use in the morning when I call.

Peace,Griz
Old 05-17-2004, 12:10 PM

Distinctions

I`ve placed calls to the hospital and DAV.Where VAMCs are notorious for blowing you off with appeasing promises,DAV,I believe will act.Waiting for a return call from the MFIC.
If you would like to join me in this endeavor call DAV @ 414-384-2000 ex. 47274

Peace,Griz