The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2008, 12:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default The AFLCIO poll at my door today

I belonged to the Postal union before I had to retire on disability.
This big 6 ft 2 guy asked who I was going to vote for. I told him that after hearing Obama's pastor speak that it wouldn't be for Obama. HE TOLD ME THAT WOULD BE A MISTAKE. I pointed to the flag on my deck and reminded him of the pastor's God damn America speach. [Do you see that flag?] He said yes but Obama doesn't belong to the Church anymore. I told him he did for 20 years. The Union thug says a vote for McCain is a vote for the same policies and another 4 years of the war. I asked him if he remembered 911 and how this country has not been attacked since. He said that is a poor reason. He still wanted to put me down as undecied but I told him no way would I vote for Obama and even though I don't agree with a lot of McCain's politics at least he"s a patriot. I shouldn't have to deal with liberal union people comming to my door and argueing with me. The more I think about it the mader I get.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2008, 05:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default These Union Guys

Want Osama so they can get rid of the right of the worker to have a secret ballot...one of the most sacred of our rights. Osama has promised to get rid of it along with the Dem controlled congress. No secret ballot will allow the unions to intimidate workers into voting for them and their archaic practices. I love the way the spin is to make it seem like such a good deal for the worker. Deb's uncle has worked at Coor's since returning from Vietnam. Every year they voted against the union because the workers were treated great from the Coor's family, payed as much and more then the union workers, and the benefits were better. Any company that the workers vote for a union, doesn't treat their workers fair. I am so against taking away the workers right for a secret ballot...it's unbelievable. Am I anti-union, that some will probably profess I am, NO. I was a member of the UNITED MINE WORKERS OF AMERICA, TEAMSTERS, and twice, UNITED STEELWORKERS OF AMERICA. Osama is going to owe the unions and taking away the secret ballot is his payback. Sick...sad.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 08-19-2008, 06:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

This guy was not from our local union but the AFLCIO would have me on their list as a union member. I don't mind them taking a poll but to tell me I was not voting for the right person is another thing. They really think they can tell their members who to vote for.
This guy was about 50+, shaved head and wearing a tank top. He looked kind of mean and intimadating. It's like you hope he doesn't come back and fire bomb your house while your sleeping or something.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Intimadation?

A Union Goon intimadating a member????? Wow, that has to be a first. Sorry that it happened to you Steve, but it's been their MO since the beginning. More reason they want the secret ballot done away with. Now, support taking away our secret ballot in all elections and hear the uproar, but the Dems figgure most people won't give a crap about union elections. It's easy when you play to the uneducated/gov.educated base.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)