The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2003, 06:51 PM

Default Just Stopped By To

Wish ALCON open here a MOST JOYOUS HOLIDAY SEASON...that we all may have a Safe, Happy, Healthy & Prosperous 2004...welllll...OK...maybe Prospereous won't play out all that well, but three outta four ain't all that bad.

Been off the net...lotta work "stuff" and the MilVet/MilRet Email List I maintain has grown to more than 1700 folks...some of you are on it and are aware of the volume.

Haven't checked all the posts, so don't know how closely the LTC Al West USA case was followed...he's the young Warrior who the Army screwed over for his "interrogation techniques" of an Iraqi detainee...got a $5k fine...will be allowed to retire...etc. He served here in the CamLej area with II MEF...Marines here think he's a super Sojer...are his strong supporters...and...I stay in close contact with him. He wants folks to know he's doing well and thanks everyone who kept him in their thoughts and prayers...he and Angela will get thru the flail in fine fashion.

Take care and Semper Fi to all,
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2003, 10:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hello Stranger!

Good to see you. West got screwed but in a PC world, what do you expect. I have always said, God Bless him!

Merry Christmas and get those bones back in shape.....looks like we gotta play golf against a General.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 12:28 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Wayne

Always love to see ya drop in!Best wishes..

Peace,Griz
Old 12-23-2003, 04:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Wayne!!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my favorite MarineVet.

re Allan West: Well, thats the Army for you, full of liberals. He's better off out of it.

James
Old 12-23-2003, 05:07 AM

Default MV!!!!!!!!!

Tell the Colonel, what we think of him, and he and his type will always be welcomed in Our Corps!!!!!!!!! And as the below reflects, that we will be!!!!!!!!
SF
NC
Old 12-23-2003, 05:51 AM

With a name like Wayne how can you go wrong. I welcome hearing from you on this site. Welcome Aboard.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 12-23-2003, 06:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and especially to LTC West. Whether the Army is grateful or not, we certainly are.
Old 12-23-2003, 06:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Been awhile since I saw your posts , welcome back sir. What Fred said
Old 12-25-2003, 08:59 AM

Default THANKS FOR THE REPLIES...

always good to hear from all y'all!

As mentioned earlier, remain in fairly close contact with Al West, and as several of you have mentioned...he's gonna do fine!

Here at the USO right now...taking a break...chow all prepared and just waiting for the Troops to show...probably close to a thousand will show.

Packo...yeah...we'll link up after April when I'm "allowed" to get back to it on the golf course...make a weekend of it.

For all...thanks for your kind remarks and hoping you're having a grrrr8 CHRISTmas...I musta been good throughout the year because I got some super gifts!!!

Looking forward to a safe, and Happy New Year for us all.