The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2006, 10:27 AM

Scamp & Arrow:

...more familiar names...really is kinda like a homecoming...!

I am doing well...thx. Not something I thought I'd be doing at this age, but an Army buddy asked me to join him on this "mission"...can't let down a SOJER...so...here I B...!

Been a long day...good workout...old bones are tarr'd...so hittin' the rack...another day closer to headin' home!

Really will try to get a SITREP out in next day or so...days kinda just blurrrrrrrrr into one another over here.

Semper Fi to all from the Sands of Kandahar
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2006, 11:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Wayne ... You be careful and ya'll come back safe and sound, ya hear?

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:37 PM

THanx Bill...and trust me when I tell you this...taking no (as in ZERO friggin') chances over here...! Still, there's no place over here that is "safe"...!

More later in SITREP.

Semper Fi from the Sands of Kandahar,
Old 10-23-2006, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Sorry 'bout that BDU thing Frank but fer you Gyrenes they made 'em so's yah don't hafta polish 'em boots no mo'. Kiwi don't work on suede too well but don't furgit ta use the Brasso.
Hand salute Frank, glad to see ya back. Yer in good hands with soljers. They'll cover yer ars.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Wayne,

We'll get together for sure. Wanna hear all about everything we don't hear in the news. I would take your first hand account to the bank.

Looking forward to your return. Sure your not gonna re-up for a 2nd tour????

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 10-23-2006, 05:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Wayne
Glad to see you're back with us.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 10-23-2006, 06:40 AM

Stick/Pack-Man/Bob:

These Army duds are OK Stick...very little upkeep and yeah, love the boots...comfortable and require zero upkeep!

I just gotta get time to work up a SITREP Pack...and NO...not considering a second tour altho already been asked by this company as well as others. Then too..."stuff happens"...things change...but doubt I'll be here past 2July07. Ten years ago, a couple or three years at this sort of thing woulda been OK...not now.

Glad to be back Bob...thanks!

Old 10-23-2006, 06:48 AM

MarineVet -

How are you guys dealing with the rotation intervals? We all know you are under orders but back when I was in VN I got a one year extension of which I had no control over (I also volunteered) - but you guys don't seem to have any options. How's this going over with America's finest.

You guys now have a handle on what's going on from an earlier tours but do you guys feel there is a light at the end of tunnel? You know elections are coming up and the last thing we want to do is suffer a cut and run agenda. Elections here are getting ugly again and we need to find support for our service folks as well as get to and end of this conflict.

We all pray for you and all of our soldier's safety and understand that we've committed our kids once more into a situation of which many are second guessing.

You are our hero's and you are standing watch in a country that sure as hell doesn't want us there. You must be watchful and always leery of those around you. I send you my very best for a safe tour. Come home to us again and bring all your friends home safely too. God be with you all.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 10-23-2006, 07:22 AM

Boats:

The year tour should still be the norm...these shorter tours do nothing for continuity and stability. Most of the younger folks only know of "short tours" so it's the norm to them. But to those of us who have pulled 12 or 13 month tours...or more...it's part of the problem over here.

Will cover more of your concerns with SITREP when I send it. I get the coming Wed off, so hope to have time to fly a couple paragraphs to ALCON on the issue. Will give you a heads up, tho, this is just about the most fouled up goat rope I've ever seen!!! Much more on this aspect, later.

Net is acting up...this is my second try at a reply...gonna fly it now while it seems everything is a GO...!

Old 10-23-2006, 07:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Wayne

Damn fella, I didn't know they were taking old farts like you over there to the wonderful world of camels & scorpions?

Just kiding.................

I was starting to wonder where you had been for so long just like many others of us around here.

It is great to hear from you and let me be one of the many to say---THANK YOU--for your service to our country.

And, stay safe, stay healthy and may God be your constant protector while you're over there.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.