The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2003, 08:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Fast Eddie's

Quote:
Originally posted by onesix Did you make it there (Kailua)? Nobody over 50 allowed (except at your own risk). Go next door to Zippy's and get some Zip Min or pigs feet soup.
Sorry to skip a couple days but Polynesian Brain Paralysis has set in and I couldn't figure out how to turn this dam computer on. IT'S DSL!!! I love it!! I'm gonna get on this when I'm done with this years traveling

OF COURSE YOURE ALL JEALOUS OF ME!! why else would I be writing all this?

Here's Thursday's Blog entry: Got up, went to the beach, came home, went to sleep. Oops--I forgot say eat, bra

Zip Min!! I love it!!! useta almost live on Zip Min and Zippy's Teri Beef Sandwich--with ketchup!! this always would gross Hawaiians out--ketchup on Teri Beef but HEY!! they eat pigs stomach!! (opu) Nowadys the popular item is Oxtail Soup
I still like to stop at Zippy's for a teri beef to remind me of the bad old days

Yesterday went down to Hanauma Bay to get some underwater photos for my friend Larry. Hanauma is one of the prettiest sites you'll see anywhere--a round shallow bay with a narrow opening, a gorgeous beach with clear blue water. This is a national park now, you can't disturb the wildlife which makes it a magnet for divers--its like diving in an aquarium the fish are slow and friendly I got a picture of a goodsized turtle. You can go to jail for fcking with these crittersnowadays but back in The Day we used to grab these things and take a ride. Also got pictures of Uhu, Koli, Manini, Targs and a bunch of things I disremember the names of
This is also the best place to observe 2 legged fauna also. One of the things about HI is that the women here spend 50% of the time weariing bikinis so they spend a lot more time trying to look good in bikinis. Local ladies spend so much time wearing bikinis that they sort of develop a natural attitude about it--There it is boys!! Live with it!! wheras the tourists are more tentative about it--theyre the ones always tugging at them. The thong bikini has not caught on here like other parts of the wiorld, more's the pity but still theyre pretty thought provoking--The lrpster walked around with a permanent boner when he first moved here, thats why the men here wear baggy shorts.

Stopped and caught a few more waves bodysurfing at Sandy on the way back. This is all a matter of timing and position-you have to time time yourself and position yourself so when the wave breaks a passle of teenage girls falls on top of you and you all windup rolling on the sand together in a tumble of boobs and butts and fallen off bikini tops. Kindly old Grampa Lrrpie always helps them find them afterwards

Horrible news!! Scott has turned Republican!!. I KNEW I shouldn't have waited 3 years to come back but there it is. Lets hope that my clear faultlessly logical blandishments will lead him back from the dark side once again.

I'm loving cruising in the 'vertible, Hawai is the place for it. Bought some CDs here, aways tank up on Hawaiian music when I get here

Aloha for now, you all, yer bra

James

REAL happy just to be alive
Old 09-27-2003, 09:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Kailua

Quote:
Originally posted by onesix Did you make it there (Kailua)? .
forgot to answer this --Yes, I'm staying on a hilltop in Kaneohe, the best and closest beach is in Kailua so I go there or by there almost every day
Neither kailua or Kaneohe has really changed that much over the 30 years I been coming here--more houses, a few more high rises but theyre still small towns
2 best restaurants in Kailua: Buzz's and Lucy's

James
Old 09-27-2003, 09:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default correction

Quote:
Originally posted by exlrrp

This is a national park now, you can't disturb the wildlife which makes it a magnet for divers
No it's not,It's a state park
Old 09-27-2003, 10:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

James :

Enjoying your posts. Have a great time !! I hope to get there before I check out. I was at the Honolulu airport for less than an hour on the trip to 'Nam, at night. Take care.

Larry
Old 09-27-2003, 01:49 PM

NEED ANY MORE COMPANY????????

THERE ARE ABOUT 100 OF US ON HERE EVERY DAY WOULD LIKE TO BE WITH YOU, OR JUST LEAVE YOU BEHIND AND WE WILL TAKE OVER.

You Know COVER YOUR SIX!!!!!

enough..........
Old 09-27-2003, 08:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sounds really great. I'll just sit here and eat my boiled potatoes and wieners on light bread and pout.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default party Time

had a birthday party for Scott and Leslie's daughter (age 31) last night--These people started early, Leslie was a grandma at age 38.
This was just a nice get together of about 30 people--partying, swimming, in the hot tub.
Time seems to go slower here, everybody comments on it--its called hawaiian Time. EVERYTHING seems slower here.
Especially the drivers. The highest sped limit in this state is 60 mph--thats on an 8 mile stretch of freeway with only 4 off ramps--most of the rest of the state is 45--or 35. Doesn't matter because no one's really in a hurry here.
Been learning a lot about the fishing business while I'm here --Geez what a crap shoot--it's either hero or zero. Spending time down on the docks with Scott brings this all back, the smells, the sounds, the sights, the equipment. I might have kept this up for a career--NAAAAAW--too much like hard work, the lrrpster looks for the quick and easy buck. It was something to have done, though, anoother strange time in a strange life. Something to tell the Grandkids, if they ever appear
Scott is running 2 boats now--Ive ran 2 crews before (construction) and it is hectic. Plus he's the manager of the Long Line Association.
Long Line: if you saw The Perfect Storm, it's the same type of fishing but for Aku (tuna) instead of sword fishing

When I was fishing I was on what was called a sampan boat--ever see Elvis in Blue Hawaii?? the boat he was on (the one they used in the film) used to be docked next to mine. They don't have many of the old sampans fishing any more, they were wood boats built in the early 20th century and rot finally got most of them--there's still a few left, they should be in a museum.
There'd be 4 of us standing on the fantail hooking em in as fast as we could using chum bait and straight hooks with no barb--gues the biggest I ever caught went about 20 lbs but he was a fight. fish would be flying everywhere, everybody whooping and hollering, all charged up--we used to say every fish going by would be another $5 bill but now they may be $100 dollar bills, it's up to $4/lb

Went to the North Shore again yesterday, just kicked back at Waimea and Sunset watchin the surfers--there was a little swell, enough to get the surfers out there but too many

Thats the difference I see the most from when I lived here--tons more people. The roads are crowded, the popular beaches are crowded--there's still some off the beaten path though, if you know where to go. This will only get worse but we might as well enjoy it while we can
And thats what I'm going to do today, my last full day here. A week is just about right for stay here but I have to go home and get ready to go to Europe Oct 6th to finish the International Victory Tour 2003

Aloha

James
Old 09-28-2003, 10:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking JAMES

Call me when you get back. We'll do breakfast before you're off again. Your turn to buy, Bud . Glad to hear you continue to have a good time. You haven't missed much around here, especially the weather. Our part of The Bay has been on the cool side, with the overcast not burning off until early-mid aftrnoon. Wore a sweatshirt all day yesterday.

Have a good flight, my friend.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking I Don't Believe

I Don't Believe Anyone should have so much fun.

Dull and Boring Like me is the only way to live life.

Keith

P. S. I still love ya James.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote