The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2002, 05:15 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default It was just a matter of time

Was listening to the Fox News Network early news this morning when the commentator suggested that the DC area sniper was a Viet Nam Vet. Time to make a psycovets colors ride.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2002, 05:29 AM

PHO127,

I seriously doubt that and take offense to such a statement. There are many out there who could pull of such a feat. Why is it they always want to blame a soldier for their misfortunes?

It's a civy whose gone over the edge or its a nut case with a death wish.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 06:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Knew it would happen when they showed the .223 casing.
Old 10-11-2002, 06:57 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Sent email to fox

Expressing my total displeasure at the remark, It was the Blond Swish named Steve who made the comment. Please sent a protest to Fox News Network.

Boats, I agree, I think it is someone Under 25 who is a video game nut.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:43 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Well

On CNN a former FBI agent was asked, "In you your opinion, if you were to speculate, who are we looking for?" Now that's news?
Also on either CNN or FOX a female reporter, after the third(?) shooting said the weapon used was a high powered .22 rifle. Of course, these are the same people who always call APC's tanks.
My guess, only a guess, is that if he is found, he will be a White Male, 30 to 35 who was down sized out of a job. He has a higher than average IQ. Maybe some military training but not special forces type.
Vietnam Vets are too old for the usual profile to go on this sort of killing spree.
Like the Zodiac killer from a few decades ago, this guy might not get caught. Police have to hope he gets lazy, or too cocky or they get a stroke of luck. A witness who is also hiding in the bush at the time of the shot or a person who gets the registration number of a vehicle after seeing the rifle sticking out the window.
Getting back to the Vietnam Vet thing. If the "news" is reduced to speculation and guessing, wouldn't you expect that Muslims, Vietnam Vet, ex-cops, The KKK and the new Black Panters would all be mentioned? Sort of like, "Round up the usual suspects."

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 10-11-2002, 02:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SORRY PEOPLE.

But, the phrase that goes somewhat like: "The more things change, the more they stay the same", does sort-of explain the-bum-rap given brave People of Honor (re. Vietnam Vets) both way-back-when, and now on The News.

Though, and if it's any consulation, just remember that as there were so many easy to dupe fools here in America way-back-when, it's more than likely that there are even more of such fools today. Hey,...even fools make babies.

Regardless, I personally can't believe that such a sicko was an Honorable Veteran, or honorable anything for that matter. It just doesn't compute. Real Snipers use 30.06, 7mm, or even 50 cal.

So, I tend to lean towards either some local nut, or some terrorists looking for easy targets of opportunity (their norm).
Besides, I don't believe that all terrorists have been brainwashed and/or connned-into being blasphemingly-suicidal in The Name of Allah, "The All Merciful One".

Just my thoughts, even though not A Vietnam Vet.
Though, I would have been proud-as-all-hell to have been one.

Neil
Old 10-11-2002, 03:41 PM

don't know who he/she is but the way they tell it it's good shooting kick them out over Iraq and tell them to have a ball don't forget let him have a white van they'll never find him.
razz
Old 10-11-2002, 04:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Okay Psycho Vets!

Its time to circle the wagons. Gather around the theropist here and I'll defend each of you. You guys may have some difficulties but you are smart compassionate and certainly not stupid. Thanks a lot Fox News. What a stupid crass statement.

Keith
Old 10-13-2002, 06:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Keith

Was it really a blond bimbo that spouted that line about the sniper, aka Vietnam Vet? Kindly confirm, if you can, and I'll fire one up to O'Reilly.
Thanks,
Scouts Out!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 10-13-2002, 06:49 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Superscout

I was watching the morning news show Fox and Friends. The comment was made by Steve (blond hair). I sent email to the news program. You can get it by logging onto foxnews.com.