The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2002, 09:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Maybe this, maybe that...

I believe/hope I have a reasonably good handle on how people operate in the mostly normal mode but I admit that this lunatic fringe stuff always keeps me guessing and wondering about the true nature of the human condition. That being said, I?m guessing that the shooter is a very driven person capable of at least paramilitary multi-option planning. I see this coupled with ice-cold emotions and total disregard for anything or anyone but him/ herself or some enabling cause.
I do not see the shootings as all that random as the field of fire and escape routes seem to be thoroughly planned and executed. Only the poor soul that walks into the setup is random, I believe.

I do not buy into the proposition that this is not a terrorist?s attack perpetrated by Islamic zealots. In my mind, it?s an open question as to whether or not there is connects to an organization like Al-Qaeda but the possibility that this is an Islamic inspired attack is very real. Could be a self-enabled loose cannon that has bought into the idiotic-hell that the various and assorted Islamic ?Clerics? are preaching and hollering about these days, who knows at this point. In all likelihood, it is as Andy suggests but, in my opinion, new pages in the profiling handbook are going to be written for sure. Thus far the authorities appear to be hanging in there, doing what needs to be done as best they can and keeping their cards close. That is going to be what it takes, in my opinion.

On the other hand the media folks, with a few notable exceptions, are getting real loose in the corners and are blow-holeing like a bunch of buck whales in rut. Even the usually objective Shepard Smith has gotten media crazy moments and has regurgitated stupid, ill-advised stuff. Easy Shep, settle down now. Put the bag over nose and mouth and take a few deep breaths, that a boy.
And of course, some of our politicos are taking advantage of this tragic situation to drive their political agendas; gun control for instance, and they have every reason to be totally ashamed of themselves. But then, I don?t recall any politico that has had a sense of shame unless they get caught red-handed at some rasty deed like playing hide the cigar with the hired help.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2002, 10:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The News Just Jabbers.....

They have no idea who is doing this so, per their usual practice, they are doing free association with the known facts. For all we know it is a cheerleader that got kicked off the squad or a frustrated kite maker. What I do know is it is not a time to disparge any American institution or philosophy. Why do their work for them?
Old 10-17-2002, 11:17 AM

Scamp,

I like your verbage and you're colorful metafores. Buck whales in rut are classic. I agree with many of your conclusions they are very well thought out.

If you don't want anybody to know anything tell the news media they are really the worse I've seen in the last 5 years. They are out of control and making statements without any backup.

The governmenet is like you said Loving every minute of this as it diverts attention away from them.

JeffL has a thread where they are talking about some Posse action law that is currently being tossed out by the ACLU which says our government is doing something illegal - Our Government - Illegal yea right. It's a lawyer trying to get more news media attention and name recognition.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 10-17-2002, 12:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ahoy Boats....

and thanks, but it is the language of the Navy as you well know. If we couldn?t speak in metaphors I suppose we would have to revert to hand signing, LOL. Something like hand waving out ?How Boatswain, I come in peace from Operations?.

Sure the ACLU is going to be raising hell about the alleged violation of Posse Camitatus, ya can set your crono by that. Screw em, if the Army snoop, eye in the sky, can help nail the perps and save some lives then I?m for it. If it becomes a permanent practice for no apparent purpose then I?m against it. Gaud, life gets simple when the stupid BS barnacles are scraped away. It?s a rich time for Attorneys to nurture off the fat of the land and stand on principle or some such stupid thing. Again, screw em. What makes them think they are not a juicy, sitting duck, target just like everyone else?

Scamp
Old 10-18-2002, 06:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by 1CAVCCO15MED
The News Just Jabbers.....

Maybe they get paid by the word. Think about it--if you had to sit there jabbering for an hour with 2 people every day trying to pick up viewers,trying to sound cogent, relevant, edgy you'd be saying anything that came into your head too, probly, esp if you had a 6 figure salary riding on it.. IMHO Fox news is the worst, I'd rather watch infomercials for get rich quick schemes, theyre more accurate, less biased, better focused. Narcissistic twits-- like people CARE what they think.
I think this is more of the screaming harangues that the "news" seems to have deteriorated into. Not only do they tell you the "news", they tell you what to think about it.
Just more stupid stuff on TV, why worry about it.
James
Old 10-18-2002, 08:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It would seem that we, you and I, are evidence that people listen with their bias, inclination and are into ear candy. If I want to get a reasonable feeling as to what is going on, I watch Fox News. If I want to listen in on an interesting discussion, I dial into Larry King. If I want to get annoyed and misinformed I dial into MSNBC or CNN News. If I want to see a dog fight, I watch the Factor. If I really want to know what?s going on, I?ll buy the SF Chronicle and Reno Gazette Journal and play one against the other, do some extrapolation and get at the reality of an issue that I?m satisfied with. If I really have a NEED to know what is going on in a specific area, I call a business associate in that area and ask. It is interesting how objective information gets when ratings, paychecks and the political bias of the audience isn?t on the line.
Anyway, they all spin, lever and out and out lie. It is a matter of personal perception as to who deceives the most, not an argument of if they do or don?t. That?s how I see it.

As an aside, one of my favorites in history would today be called a ?Flaming Liberal?. In his day he wrote ?Consistency, consistency, foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of a little mind?. As well, he was arrested for public disobedience and when a friend came to visit him in jail he asked, ?What are you doing in there?? In return, my favorite asked, ?What are you doing out there?? The public disobedience issue was slavery. I?ll let Andy identify this fellow, as my favorite is a true son of the State of Massachusetts.
So at the end of the day I watch out for foolish consistency and the hum drum political positioning that all networks do, regardless. A few words come to mind: Boring, predictable and consistent seem to fit.

Scamp