The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2005, 10:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Please Stay Healthy

Just found a stamped envenlope with Arrows brothers name and VAHospital address on it in my desk drawer , but he left before I could write a letter to put in it. In an email today she told me " it would be a travesty against those who wanted to stay but couldn't if we didn't make the best of the life we have left. " She helps me a lot. Quite a few of my friends and family have passed. I fight survivors guilt every day. I just came from my annual physical and I urge all of you to do the same, PLEASE.... Keep movin my brothers and sisters and stay healthy -- this ain't a rehearsal.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2005, 11:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up While on My Diet

Good Advice:

While on my diet, I have a physical every 4 months. Doc wants make sure that while I'm loosing weight I'm not loosing strength. When dieting you can do damage to the muscles of the body rather than the fat if you loose too fast. So they take blood tests to make sure my blood balance is correct. This last time I was placed on a 1400 calorie a day diet from the 1100 calorie a day diet because I now have a lot less fat. I've lost about [105 lbs ] and he wants me to loose another 15 lbs but is really afraid that I'll do damage to my heart if I don't increase the calorie intake.

We all need to check in with our Doctors. I hadn't had a complete physical in years when my wife dragged me off to the Doc for a physical on December 10, 2003. He gave me a lecture about my cholestral, blood pressure, and said, "You are Morbidly Obese." I knew I was morbid but when stick that word to Obese it hurts. So we developed a plan for weight loss and I stick to it.

He said (the Doc), that I have probably lengthen my life span by 10 to 15 years. My weight is down (way down), my cholestral is now normal, and my blood pressure isn't high any more.

So guys/gals: "Go to your Doc and do what they say." You'll feel better and look better. The LT is right on.

Keith
Old 03-08-2005, 11:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Visit the good doc every 6 months. Complete physical every yr (thats where we get real close and personnel)
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 03-08-2005, 12:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Bob,

The prostate test is the pits.

Keith
Old 03-08-2005, 01:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

I thought he was trying to reach my molars !
Old 03-08-2005, 01:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Keith
I dont mind the test....Its when he invites me out for a drink afterwards that worries me.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 03-08-2005, 04:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Bob

You are much better looking dude than me. I haven't been invited out yet!

They could be afraid of my Psyco Vet Tattoo?

They must be a little bit sadistic to do that to your patients. :cd:

Keith
Old 03-08-2005, 05:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I am going for my annual colonoscopy in about ten days. Anyone with a family history of colon cancer needs to be checked. My father had colon cancer and every one of his four sons has had a colonoscopy and had a cancerous polyp. Prostate cancer is almost inevitable for men. Get a physical every year including the notorious finger.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

My wife, being an RN, spends most of her waking hours planning what test I can take next. Along with the almighty finger and the VCR up your a$$. the next test I recommend is the heart scan. I had only an 18% plaque buildup in the ole arteries. So I went out afterwards and had bacon and eggs, hashbrowns, smothered with sausage gravy. Then I kicked back and lit up a Marlboro.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 03-09-2005, 07:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Bob,

You must have good Genes.

Are they Levi's or Wranglers.

My Dad always had bacon and eggs for breakfast. Broke about every eating rule and stayed the same weight until he died. He was almost 94 when he died. They now know that with heart disease and diabetes it is mostly heritatory. Cigarettes and drugs are the greatest contributor to heart disease. Doctor says I have good Genes. I buy my genes from the bargain basement, guess I've been lucky.

My wife has ulcerated colitis and has a colonoscopy every year. I'm scheduled for one this year. I think those Doctors must get sick of all those butts, especially when most are old and wrinkled. She is also in the early stages of diabetes (takes a pill once a day to keep her blood sugar down).

Okay guys: Lets all line up and get a good physical.

Keith

Keith