The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2006, 01:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
Sit down.....Relax....have a beer and lets hash this out. What goes on between Gimpy, Scout and James stays on the Political forum. You put two people together with different views and that's what you're gonna get. Now here on the General forum is a little different. What I want you to do is answer one question honestly. Why did you call Gimpy an Idiot?
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Bob

You have different rules for the way you feel about different people , But thats ok, I guess for the same reason you called me childish. Because it just came out, If thats the worst you can come up with? well then thats all right. Why did he say I was shouting at people? shouting.
He said
" You keep spouting & shouting "
Now just how to you tell if someone is shouting on the internet?
And Spouting? what ever.

And what difference does it make what forum your on?
I go to the Vietnam forum and get trashed by people that weren't in VN and you say nothing to them, so why do you care where I say something to people? Unless, again , you have different rules for people depending on how you feel about them.

If your to lazy to go back and check what the challenge was , I'll do it for you if you like. I don't start the negative talk.
The firest thing I said on this thread was "what , whoever said" and that was just to make a point about how easy some of you use that frase. "what he said" that takes no thought what so ever, or opinion.
You hash out all you want, I don't want you as a friend, and could give a ... .... .. - what your opinion is, Just because you say, relax, have a beer, lets hash this out , so therefore we should, Huuuh.
All I asked is that you not start the negative talk toward me and I will not do it to you. You do it to me and I WILL do it to you. I don't care if you read or respond to my threads, you can if you like , but I don't care, Im sick and tired of the negative crap.

Ron
Old 07-02-2006, 02:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I was introduced to the forum on the History Channel ( was it www.vets.com ?? ) in May 2000, when I linked up with a good friend from Vietnam, on the 25th Infantry Association website, where he had left his contact info. I well remember all the arguments then....at some point we migrated here, because of the inhospitable conditions at the old site, and of course all the arguments have followed....

You have to ask yourself, is this what you want others to see when they come to this site for the first time ? Is this a way to get others to join and stick around ? Site members, who seem to delight in trying to convince others of their opinions ( which they haven't been able to do in over 6+ years.... ), and which invariably deteriorates into name calling, remarks about one's service, ....etc. etc.

We have a lot to teach others about our service for this country. Acting like children on an elementary school playground day in and day out, is sure not one of them.

Larry
Old 07-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

what larry said

Ron
Old 07-02-2006, 08:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Tom, I'm sorry but you can't have sex with my GPS. She's not in your family. Bob, want more? Now as for argumentative fallacies, a subject everyone is dying to know about, here is a web site: http://www.fallacyfiles.org/ Argumentative fallacies are bad arguements, fine for lawyers and people just wanting to be assholes but bad for really proving points. It is risky without them because you may find you don't have a leg to stand on unless you can change the subject by calling someone an SOB.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Paco
There's always a solution to every problem.....We'll make Freds GPS your honorary second cousin......ENJOY!!!!

Fred
Yes on the BBQ sauce

Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:36 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default bob

sa matter, run out of hash? Or maybe its time to follow 1cavs advise and start name calling? eah?
Ron
Old 07-03-2006, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

(Morse equivalent; SH*T = ... .... .. - & F*CK = ..-. ..- -.-. -.-)
... - .. -.-. -.-
Old 07-03-2006, 06:01 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Yut ta hay

Navaho
Old 07-03-2006, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by MORTARDUDE You have to ask yourself, is this what you want others to see when they come to this site for the first time ? Is this a way to get others to join and stick around ?