The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2003, 12:51 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Revenge

So why is France so pissed-off at us anyway? I mean, what they pulled on us in Iraq, with the help of Russia and Germany, certainly looks like they were seeking a little revenge for them getting screwed during the Louisiana Purchase, wouldn?t you say?

The 1803 purchase of the Louisiana Territory, in which we acquired 827,987 square miles of land for just $15,000,000 was one helluva a good deal for them! Hell, technically, they didn?t own the land anyway, it belonged to the Indians!? Besides, these days, many a self-respecting politico spends this amount on bordello fees, imported stogies, and bourbon alone!

Well, the Frogs should not be all that hurt over the deal, after all, they got back at us by infecting the United States with crabs and Jacques Chirac!

VERITAS
Old 04-22-2003, 01:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I always reckoned the French looked at the Louisiana deal as a rental agreement not a purchase and a way to squeeze some quick profits out of a mob of naive former Brit colonials. They didn?t tell anyone at the time, but I strongly suspect they figured once they beat the tar out of John Bull they?d come back and evict any squatters. But shit happens I suppose. The Brits beat the tar out of the French, we kept Big Easy and the rest is history. That works for me.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote