The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2002, 11:54 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down "I Pledge Allegiance"

9th curcuit federal judge,Alfred t. Goodwin has just ruled in San Francisco that children in public schools can no longer Pledge Allegiance to our flag because it is not constitutional due to the reference to GOD!Here we go again.....

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2002, 12:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Inmates and the Asylum

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ? A federal appeals court ruled Wednesday that the Pledge of Allegiance is an unconstitutional endorsement of religion and cannot be recited in schools. (Previous sentence was cut and pasted from the AP wire service.)

In reading the First Amendment, again, for the umpteenth time, I'm totally at a loss as to how anyone can misconstue the phrase, "...one nation, under God..." as endorsing or supporting any religion. What religion does this crackpot judge infer we are supporting? Where is the empirical evidence that this oath violates the Amendment? Best question of the day is, "How do we impeach, convict and remove this rectal polyp posing as a federal judge?"

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-26-2002, 12:27 PM

Angry

WTF over what a crock of shit
Old 06-26-2002, 01:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down

I can see it now. US Marshals in black mufti, body armor and kevlar helmets busting in on a group of 6-year-olds clandestinely reciting the pledge. ? Hook them up and shake them down?, says the top Marshal, ?I want every coin that has God on it placed in evidence bags?

This 9th circuit Fed Court ruling truly defies sanity and logic. Very sad state of affairs and I'm thinking that bunch just sets out to agravate and defy this country, over and over again.

Scamp

Old 06-26-2002, 03:24 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default god and state

our forfathers seperated church and state for a good reason. Every person in this country has the right to worship what ever god he/she wishes to. what I think the courts were trying to hedge was the anti god having an equal say in the pledge. There are a lot of atheust people in this country and they support the country just as vigerously as the god belivers.
perosnnaly, I don't care if there is god in the pledge or not. I do belive the seperation of church and state is a good idea.
Church ideas belong in the heart and in church, not in school or the constitution.
Or budda will beat up allha.
Ron
Old 06-26-2002, 03:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Angry The Constitution Says:

There shall be no establiishing a state religion. What the forefathers meant Is: There would be no state religion as the Europeans countries had. Church of England for the brits, Catholic for the Spanish and French, etc. They would be turning over in their graves on this one. The only one who would be offended on this is an aithiest and they shouldn't be offended because if they think we are foolish for being believers so be it.

It will go to the Supreme Court. It won't hold up on good legal scrutiny when compared to the constitution.

Keith
Old 06-26-2002, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I can understand the reasoning they used but the decision is bad. All of the worlds major religions believe in God or god's. The pledge says "One nation under God" it does not say "One nation under a Christian God" so the idea it establishes a state religion is bogus. This is a sad ruling and just more signs of the times. I am sure many of you know what I mean by that
Old 06-26-2002, 06:12 PM

Thumbs down

What's next? Our flag?
Old 06-26-2002, 06:23 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default I truly don't mean to be a smart ass

but this is the character of many (not all by any means)judges we have sitting on benches all over this land. And we are suppose to trust these bozos to guard our Constitutional Rights? If they don't feel that they are accountable to a higher power I am a little worried about what kind of decisions they would be making regard our freedoms.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 06-26-2002, 06:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Flag

It's a Pledge of Allegiance to the flag and the United States of America.If I was of the Faith that Allah or maybe Budda was my god and I was rasing my children to that that faith I guess having my child stand up every morning and reciting it would make me mad.Why does god's name have to put in there to start with?Does anyone know how long the Pledge of Allegiance has been around?Why can't it be changed?America is a melting pot of people,people of all races,creeds and faiths.These faiths do not have a god or a god as we know.We can welcome them,help them and make them Americans but we can never make them worship like us or belive in our god.Our fore fathers came here so they could worship as they wanted and I guess their fore fathers came here for the same reason.