Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2021, 04:01 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question D.C. Statehood

4-21-2021

(Personal Opinions)
It is my own personal belief that the play to make Washington D.C. “Our 51st State” is nothing more than a blatant power grab? And should this ever come to pass, then what would be next (and there definitely would be a next)?

Will every state in “Our Magnificent Union”, divide up into even more separate entities? And will “Our Great Nation” eventually become nothing more than a mangle of hundreds (if not thousands) of separate little creatures, all vying for absolute power and/or control?
There is an old saying that goes: “If something works, then don’t forever try to fix it!” And in this respect, “Our Great Nation” works just fine! So (once again, and in my opinion) these politicians should knock it off, and stop trying to fix or repair daily - the truly workable!!

And lastly, it seems to me that if D.C. were ever to become a separate state, then from where would we derive our unity, our revenue, and our national and military power? Or is it the intention of some within our government to keep only those things that benefit them, and to scrap all of the rest?

So once again, and in closing, let me say that if a thing works, and “Our Nation” has worked fairly well for some 244 years - “Then Leave the Damn Thing Alone!!” And for that matter, what need would we even have for “A Congress”, and all of the rest of these other political bureaucracies, should Washington D.C. ever become a separate state, and not ”The Capitol of Our One Great and United National Government?”

Hardcore
Old 04-21-2021, 05:22 PM

Arrow Why shouldn't Washington D.C. count?

Lisa Desjardins is a correspondent for PBS NewsHour, where she covers news from the U.S. Capitol while also traveling across the country to report on how decisions in Washington affect people where they live and work.
-
It all depends on your belief in what the United States stands for. I didn't know that the folks in Washington, DC didn't get a vote. Which if true is unfair and eliminates the folks what live within this statehood their rights to vote.
-
Elections are getting nastier every year. I thought everyone had the right to vote.
-
If its contrary then it should be amended to "ALL" people have the right to vote. Why should
Washington, DC be any different?
-

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

If George Washington wanted a State To Run This Country, he would have placed the Capitol either in Virginia, Maryland, New York City Or Pennsylvania.

If Washington DC Became A State - We might as well get rid of the Federal Government.\

Mrs Hardcore - A DAR Member