The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2024, 04:47 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry How Dare They

2-12-2024

How dare they use up and then just throw away our nation’s kids in uniform when they are injured in combat? The mendacity of “Our Nation” to just use up our youth and then throw them away is beyond human comprehension or even mortal belief, “and yet - there it is!”

I just saw a commercial on the tube that showed a relatively young and disabled military-aged kid having to be shuffled around within his own home because of the massive injuries that he received in combat while he served ‘Our Nation’ with honor!

“How dare any country ever treat its wounded veterans in such a cold and heartless fashion, as in my opinion, these kids are indeed a national treasure?”

I recall, many years ago, when as a youngster, how I saw a young man, probably in his twenties at that time, painfully rolling himself around on a dolly, down the main drag of my home town! The kid was selling pencils at a nickel a pop to merely support himself, but the pride, patriotism and dignity that this young man displayed was obvious, even echoing an internal glow (as it should), that even the might of the enemy and its force of arms, could never remove from his inner core!

“Of course this was a few wars back, but I will never forget the look upon that young fellow’s face as he labored, hard and long, to be self supportive and self-reliant!”

As I look back upon that day now, however, I find my emotions to be mixed and diverse! I now feel a phenomenal sense of pride in that kid’s courage, and the loss of his legs as well!

But also having a father who served in World War Two (three beach heads and six battle stars), I have often wondered what these mere kids of yesteryear must be feeling now, when in the prime of their lives they sacrificed their legs and their arms’ because of combat injuries that were inflicted while fighting for the very survival of “Our Nation”, within wars that now seems like ancient history to many of those within today’s often confused society!

But most of all, I wonder whatever became of many of these young heroes of times yore or all of those gallant warriors who gave it their all in a combat situation? Or those who served with great honor and dignity throughout all of the conflicts that have ever plagued humanity, ever since its inception and its rapid rise to power? Or ever since “even mankind itself”, first appeared upon the scene, all of those many millennia ago!

And just how will we ourselves be remembered in times that are yet to come, if we are even remembered at all – but then, at this point in time- who truly knows?

Or will we too, become just another tattered page within some archaic book of world history, one that may not even be read, or even understood, within a future that is yet to be written?

But then, can anyone really wrap their heads around such a potentiality? And why, pray tell, should we even attempt to ponder the final destination of this race-humanity, as mankind’s alarming lack of wisdom, and our current political short-sightedness, will eventually catch-up to us all – MAYBE??

But then, “The Flag of Our Nation” will never wear-out, it will never wane, it will never shirk, and it will never cease to wave high above the hallowed ground of our valiant country, or eternally above the heads of “Our Forever-Gallant People, or the hallowed ground, beneath which, our departed heroes now rest - And That Too - Is An Ever-Loving Fact!!

And why, I ask you, are all of these charitable organizations now openly soliciting our (the public’s) help to aid in the support and the treatment “Our Nation’s Gallant Wounded Warriors” when it was these brave kids who fought, bled and even died to defend them - “Within Our Magnificent Nation Of Freedom and Independence Loving Patriots?”

Hardcore