The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2024, 12:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Suggestion

2-16-2024

“On August 30, 2011, Carolina Southern Railroad voluntary (?) shut down because several bridges along the rail were overdue for maintenance. The shutdown caused Carolina Southern Railroad to lay off nearly all of its employees. On May 24, 2012, the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) commenced a bridge inspection on the CSR and the Waccamaw Coastline Railroad (the Horry County portion of rail). Fifty-two of 187 bridges were inspected and seven had critical defects. On May 26, 2011, the CSR voluntarily ceased operation, so that they could bring in a certified bridge engineer to inspect the seven critical bridges and prepare a plan for their repairs. Based on the engineer's recommendations, CSR made the necessary repairs on the bridges and CSR resumed operations August 8, 2011. The FRA returned to inspect the bridges and made a recommendation that CSR cease operations until all bridge repairs were completed.[83] There are efforts to bring the railroad back online!”[84][85][86][87][88][89][90]
---------------------------------------

“Every Iota of U.S. History That is Lost To Our Own National Stupidity and Time Infinitum” is a miniscule vignette of our own ultra-magnificent history that may never again be reclaimed or recovered?

And such is the tragic case with “The Magnificent Carolina Southern Railroad! It is far easier, after all, to merely scrap our gallant history, than it is to preserve it, treasure it and to secure it for future generations of ‘Americans’ to appreciate and to treasure - and such is the case (unfortunately), with “The Historical Carolina Southern Railroad!”

Would you people also tear asunder “Appomattox Court House, Manassas and even Gettysburg Perhaps”, merely because visitor-ship was down? Or would you fill in “The Grand Canyon”, and this, strictly because some alien (or unpatriotic) entity did no relish the idea of a giant gash marring the surface of “The Magnificent Arizona Wilderness?”

I further deplore the idea of some vested-environmentalist taking offense at the grandeur and the historical value of “The Carolina Southern Railroad”, as this national treasure does not belong to any one person (or group) alone! It is rather the inviable and irreplaceable property of us all, each and every one! And once again, might I remind you that any piece of our nation’s history that is lost or surrendered to greed, avarice, stupidity or shortsightedness, is a portion of “Our Nation” that is being violently ripped from “The Fabric of American Liberty, History & Even National Beauty”, and that is still an irreplaceable fact!!

Hardcore
Old 02-16-2024, 01:26 PM

Arrow HC - I stand with you on your post!

HC - I stand with you on your post!
-
However; Statements such as they are;
I've also heard it said - that;
"Those that live in the Past Live In A World of Their Own."
-
I've never liked that statement but I'm beginning to see
some of its characteristic's showing.
-
As a kid - I of often heard it said; Those that live in the Past
live in a World Of Their Own - as well.
-
We older folks can recall our past; whereas the middle aged
and younger kids - who are living for today - are contrary.
-
But many younger ones haven't worried about their tomorrows -
or any upended results - hence their followers. They just can't
stop falling in line - with their own generation - and/or - their
ideals or even deal with summations. YET!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote