The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2009, 06:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up Military Spouse Appreciation Day

Chairman Issues Message to Spouses
May 05, 2009
American Forces Press Service

Navy Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, has issued a message to servicemembers and their families around the world, commemorating May 8 as Military Spouse Appreciation Day.

Here is the chairman's message:

"Each May, our nation pauses to pay tribute to our past, present and future military spouses. Nothing could be more right, or more honorable, than this. Without our families, those of us in uniform cannot serve. And truly, our spouses serve just as much as we do.

"Despite the strain of nearly eight years of war and numerous critical engagements around the globe, America's military is stronger and more capable than ever. From personal experience, I know that much of that strength comes from our spouses. They are vital to our success. And they make the journey of service – truly one we choose together – so much richer, rewarding, and satisfying.

"Military spouses bear great burdens, but they also know the tremendous difference they are making. That resilience is due not just to the rewards of service – which are great – but also by means of a critical network of support, one that many spouses themselves create.

"Deborah and I have seen and experienced this network ourselves – and believe us – it makes a big difference.

"On behalf of the Joint Chiefs and their families, we are proud to honor this occasion on the eighth of May. The unending service and sacrifice of our military spouses are worthy of both praise and an equally continuous commitment from a grateful nation."

Sincerely,

M.G. MULLEN
Admiral, U.S. Navy

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2009, 07:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Gunner

Right on.Been married 36 years and keep telling her I would not have stay married to me that long . Been lucky most of my life
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote