The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > POW/MIA

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2003, 08:24 AM

Default MIA - Just a reminder

Major Richard G. Elzinga USAF was shot down on 26 March 1970 over Laos. Still missing. I carry his name around to remind me that there are many MIA's still out there.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2003, 08:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Boats, Sid's( pho 127) son was over in Laos , last year , on a recovery team and they found the remains of three people. Makes me proud and sad that our sons are bringing our brothers home.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:01 AM

DMZ-LT;

Sid's son is doing a wonderful thing - I don't think I would ever go back - but you just never know? Imagine how many souls have been lost to war. Man's inhumanity to another to kill or be killed to carry around the memories of these events for generations.

It's not hard to see why we are what we are or where we are going. The climate won't kill us - we'll kill ourselves given enough time.

My Kid's and Grand-Kids don't know anything other than that we (America or one of our alias) is always fighting a war (or a conflict) somewhere - their entire lives.

It's a rotten senario and they should have better. Our Father's thought they were fighting the last war but since then we've had one conflict after another and more and more lost brothers and sister's to bury or look for - why?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 01-03-2003, 09:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Boats, wish I could answer your question, seems as though we have gotten very good at sticking our nose in everyone else's buisness. Our leaders preach for world peace and than turn around and send our young men and women to distant shores to solve yet another "world crisis". When, oh when, will we ever let everyone else solve their own problems. More than likely, not in our life times.

If I may quote a couple of very wise members on this site....

....enough

....peace

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 01-03-2003, 09:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Who knows Boats , money, power , politics, sex and rock and roll are probably near the top of the list.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:31 AM

Thumbs up

You men never cease to amaze me. We need to vote all of you into office..real men with real compassion running our country. What a truly awesome country we would have...
Old 01-03-2003, 05:52 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

When I was in High School a history lesson was given on World Peace.

At that time, with all the available data, they concluded that there has been 4 years of World Peace (not all at once, of course) in recorded history. Since I don't remember a day since I think that still stands.

For Christmas, we gave my brother-in-law a Psyco Vets shirt. His son, the airman, gave him a POW/MIA flag.