The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Gulf War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2003, 03:26 PM

Default Gulf War illnesses

I need to find out if any of you fellow Gulf War vets that are disabled, are any of your family members having health problems? Particularly, your younger children. My 9 year old daughter has been having extreme pain in her legs, back pain, stomach pain, and head aches. If any of you know of anyone else with the same problems, please let me know. Thanks 1sgboom

"SAPPERS BREECH HELL."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2003, 05:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Top...I have a 5 year old daughter and thank God she has not had any problems as of yet. I will include your daughter and family in my prayers though.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 09-03-2003, 06:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to tdeane

3 children here too Top...9, 4 and 1 year(s) old. No problems.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:56 PM

Thanks guys. We've had several tests done to no avail. Next stop is U.C.Davis Med center. Being 70% disabled, I hope it's nothing she got from me.

"SAPPERS BREECH HELL"
Old 09-03-2003, 07:58 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Top...what unit were you with in the Desert?

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 09-03-2003, 08:41 PM

I was in a Calif National Guard unit. The 270th M.P.Co. We were attached to the 89th M.P. Bde out of Ft. Hood. In fact, both of those respective units are now over there. After the war, I became a Medic, then a Combat Engineer. I did 4 yrs regular 1972-76 with the 504th M.P. Bn, and the Berlin Bde M.P.s. I retired last year after 27 yrs. On the civilian side, I'm a C.H.P. Officer with 29 yrs.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:45 PM

Top, my seven year old son has had severe leg, occasional joint pain. The leg pain has woke him up at night many times from a deep sleep. But the doctors can find no cause, their answer, growing pains, somehow I don't think growing pains is what he has since both my fifteen year old and thirteen year old have never experianced this.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:01 AM

Hey Hawk, thanks for the info. We were also told by doctors that "it's growing pains." Well, I don't buy it. The first week of my daughter's life was spent in intensive care. She had 103 degree temp, and went into convulsions. They diid all kinds of tests, and could only say it was, "a virus of unknown origin." whatever that's supposed to mean. We had bone scans done a week ago, which they said is normal, This sort of thing should not be happening to a 9 year old. Her sister, (12yrs old) has no problems, and we ar baffled about it. We will be taking her to U.C. Davis Med center formore tests. I will let you know if we find anything.

"SAPPERS BREECH HELL"
Old 09-06-2003, 08:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Top...having been with a Ft Hood unit I assume you were attached to the Cav and if so you should have received notice, a few years back, that you were exposed to that pit they blew up with all the chemical/biological munitions in it. Have you ever gone through the testing for Desert Storm Syndrome? If not you should and get your name put on the register.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 09-06-2003, 08:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Top -
Not sure if it will be of any help to you at all, but I can tell you for sure this much... my dad (Army enlisted 1944-46) was sent to Los Alamos and then as a guinea pig to White Sands during that first explosion of the Manhattan Project. I was born in '46, and have had an ailment all my life which nobody else in our family has ever had, which is incurable. He died (age 62) from lifelong glandular and cancerous problems related to his exposures, which the government and Army steadfastly denied, and which hundreds of other vets his age and duty stations experienced.

So, it DOES happen, in spades... see some other postings here by Mortardude and Hardcore...

Best of everything to you and your family.