The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2006, 07:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Using NG Units on our Mexican Border

So, what do ya'll think about this plan?

A lot of Democrats (and some Republicans) are saying that it will stretch our already overburdened military too thin.

I don't understand that argument. These units would still be stateside and available which is where they are supposed to be anyway.

I do think it should be a TEMPORARY measure while the Border Patrol is being SIGNIFICANTLY bolstered permanently.

A permanent solution will have to come from Congress, and those wheels move SLOWLY.

Seems to me that using the NG would also be good training for them in counter-terrorist security measures.

Steve / 82Rigger
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2006, 07:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Steve,...

...that would make too much sense for the different branches of the military to combine, and hold joint readiness exercises, but they are you know, AREA 54, or is that car 54,... ,...

... Once the feces hits the reciprocating oscillator with a more forthright"assault, ole' John Q. gringo will Mrs. Chicken r. Little, and start reeling in some slack, by then the fish will have found the proverbial rock to hide under, and SNAP, there goes lunch, or many of them as we seek to regain some semblance of "did I do That", and then the fun begins, the testing of the system has been taking place for a long while, and only now as the "droves" (with the understanding of "the flood gates of freedom are about to slam shut") make their plans to speed up the time frames, and quantities will we see an increase in extreme violence, then it's shoot on sight, it will get real messy before it gets better,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-15-2006, 06:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The mindset that is being pumped is that it is the ?Anglo? who is the interloper and the ?illegal?. Those who run the border figure that it is their birthright and their land that was ?stolen? by the Anglo. Increased border security will undoubtedly aggravate the situation and reinforce the propaganda and mindset, and this will most likely lead to confrontations, large and small.

This situation has been a long time coming, the pressure has been building and now it?s way past time to get serious in deal with it. In the long view, I don?t see how this set of circumstances can be avoided and controlling the border ten years ago was probably too late. I think Curtis is right, every bit of rolling stock in Mexico is heading north now and it?s going to get real wild and messy on the border with everyone trying get in while the getting is good.
I hope the Guardsmen will have adequate training in how to deal with desperation and how to defend themselves and cover their six. It?s not much of a stretch to figure that there will be trouble brewing on this side of the border and some kind of mass activity and disruption at the border and in our cities.

No doubt that Fox & Co. are mighty PO?d and we can expect some repercussions and lots of acrimony. There has been zero bi laterial cooperation from Mexico in seeking a resolution so now they will learn to live with a unilateral solution, but that's how things go and the long sad saga of Mexico.

Scamp
Old 05-15-2006, 06:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry

Placing NG and reserve at the border is a tremendous idea! After all, what are the alternatives?

You are right on the money about their primary role - ie- National (as in Nation) Guard.

Again, the only alternative is a wide open border , which is what Mexico, the bleeding hearts and those who capitalize (one way or another) from this BS want!!

Rick

Old 05-15-2006, 06:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

too damn little too damn late.

larry
Old 05-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Robert J Ryan

Need to protect our borders somehow
Old 05-16-2006, 03:57 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default NG

Just what is there job? NATIONAL GUARD, Maybe, to Guard the Nation? The Coast Guards job would be to,,, OH, lets see, How about Guard the Coast.
NG units should not be overseas, Thats a job for regular units and Reserve units.
NG units should already be Guarding our Nation. To think that puting them on our boarder is somehow wrong is just stupid, Thats there Job.

Ron
Old 05-16-2006, 02:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If I understand this plan correctly, the NG function will be ADMINISTRATIVE...they will not be patrolling the border.

That will undoubtedly free up some Border Patrol people.

But it seems to me that what we need RIGHT NOW are a LOT more PHYSICAL BODIES out on the PHYSICAL border (patrolling????) and PHYSICALLY stopping people from PHYSICALLY coming across.

So, what's with this "administrative" crap?????

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 05-16-2006, 03:28 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Rigger...

Basically, anything on The Mexican Border is better than nothing.

But, I honestly believe that the entire 82nd Airborne Division couldn't do The Job RIGHT (as desperately needed), since even 15,000 or so men would just have to be stretched-out much to far apart on such a lengthy and massive border.

Hell,...there's probably no area having more illegals than Little Old New York City, and with about 39,000 Cops and ONLY ONE type of law enforcement on scene there (can't even imagine how many other Law Enforcement Agencies are in NYC), they can't truly get-a-handle on illegals, or even legals.

Then too, if some a--hole Americans pinpoint Airborne exact posts and positions as done with The Minutemen, all the herds of Criminally Illegal Aliens normally coming across need only by-pass or flank them,...and especially quite easily if not politically permitted shooting some truly Big Time Trespassers.

Even Experts and Sharpshooters can't do diddly-squat if not permitted the use of ammo,...which no doubt will be the case.
Woah to the poor: "Troop" blowing-away some poor defenseless Mexican picker, smuggler, arms dealer, coyote or just plain old terrorist.

If lucky, such a poor soldier just trying to keep out invaders from America the best way possible, will only have to do his next jump without a chute. If not so lucky, America's REAL Military Leaders and/or politicians will pillary him or nail him to The Cross,...in the name of their quite standard and asinine political-correctness (a perfect oxymoron).

Neil
Old 05-16-2006, 05:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Yep. Anything is better than nothing.

6,000 guardsmen for 2,000 miles of border.

That's one guardsman for every 600 yards of border.

IF they are physically on the border, that's...ahhh...within sight of each other?

Steve / 82Rigger