The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Enduring Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2006, 09:48 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thanks Wayne,

As you know it's a full time job to wade through sound bites, video clips, news print just to find a grain of truth. I appreciate theview of a Marine with boots on the ground. I'd like to read the article you make reference to in your last post if you will post the author and name of the article.

Watch your six, Sir

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2006, 02:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Quote:
Originally posted by MARINEVET BroBeau:

Good stuff...as usual...thanks! Oh yeah, really liked the video you sent re your roadside cleanup effort. Tried replying to that about three times...kept getting bounced...stupid system over here!!!
Colonel ... do you have breakfast with a regular set of folks ? I was just curious as to that.
I am glad you liked the video ... got no reply but this is nice to know ... you now know a bit about my environs (visually) ... yes, that Cleanup Day was dedicated to a boy that got hit by a car ... ah, move on from that sad affair.

As you know, the organization that I currently work for has been in the business of construction in key GWOT places ... the 'Stan ... and Iraq. How effective and longlasting that "Good Will" construction will be sounds pretty iffy if folks like Bechtel see their stuff get built, then destroyed but our enemys. And lets face it, it is not only the enemy abroad but the PERCEPTIONS at home that we have a Theocracy calling the Global shots ... well, I had to use the "T" word 'cause that is in fact one perception and probably rightly so. There was not much point to that comment just wanted to get it out ...

Unfortunately, and this was stated by a fella at work ... high up ... "war is going to be the norm". I 'spose in this world of diminishing resources and expanding egos (call it tribes, or nations wanting control) that it will in fact be the 'norm'. To me its a wierd Enchilada ... I mean on one hand you still have folks that want to be Tribes, and Nation States ... then on the other side of your combination plato ... you got Globalist who seem to break down all borders and nation states ... go figure.

1) I've said it before "wheres the Beef (Bouef) ?" ... I'd like to hear of arrests of networks of Terrorists, say some professors in Holland and Brazil, an Islamic Scientist in Brooklyn, a Financier in Bombay ... "wheres the Bouef?"

2) It appears that you will not be getting the Army Air Cav and the Marine MEU ... any time soon ... for the Brute Force (you can toss in Reconcentration Camps)? And you said early on in this thread that there is a chance that we could fritter the Stan thing away like the other place ... AND, I would suspect that some of our side (the folks you Advise) could actually be the bad guys .... and rumor has it that the Iraqi Army and Police have been infiltrated ...

1 + 2 = fritter

looking forward to that document comparing wars ... but even Dick Cheney said "this will be a new kind of war, a war without beachheads or battlefronts" ... [brings a great question to mind, I credit the old lady for it ... "If your name was Richard, why would you call yourself Dick?"

I'm sending you some Blue Angels (I took the photo) ... there is a light blue that the New Mesicans paint around their doors and winders to ward off the bad spirits ... best I can do is send some Blue Angels on this thread and hope all will be ok with you, and yours back in THE WORLD ... ya'll WILL be ok.

Beau
Old 11-06-2006, 08:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default micro Mesican Wrestler ... Regiment

these guys would fix our GWOT issues real quick ...
Old 11-06-2006, 09:14 AM

Arrow & Beau:

The I-Net over here tonite is giving me fits...gotta keep this short and try to get out as much as I can before it crashes again!

The article is titled HISTORY & REASONING and written by Raymond Kraft of Northern California.

Arrow...no matter how much media drivel you wade thru, it just doesn't seem to get it...not the real skinny anyhow. I mean hell, there are things I'm seeing about SWA Vets protesting...whining and crying...YET...a Marine Battalion that is about ready to head back to Iraq just had a mass reenilistment/extension of enlistment ceremony the other day where MORE than 250 young (and not so young) Devil Dogs signed on the dotted line so they could stay with THEIR Battalion and THEIR Buddies...some going back for the THIRD time!!! Yeah, their morale is waaaaaay down as one can tell!!!!

Beau:

So much of the overall GWOT is based on perceptions...most of them short-sighted at best...people just aren't getting the real picture from the tainted (notice I did not use the "L" word) MSM. I have YET to see any MSM over here in Southern Afghanistan. They would come thru here IF they were here. Some of those who openly support the forces of evil, however, are always out and about with the Talibs...then spreading their BS in a most effective IO (InfoOps) manner...wonder why WE can't be as effective?!?!?!?

Yeah...eat BFast with my fellow Team Members...we get pumped up before getting in our vehicles and heading out the gate to Camp Shir Zai. Talk about what we have going for the day...etc.

The construction/reconstruction (PRT = Provincial Reconstruction Team) effort IS critical, but dammit, ya gotta kill or at least run off the bad guys before you go too far down that trail! Some very well done efforts have now gone for naught because of the resurgence of the Talibs/AGE forces...again...something that would NOT have happened IF we had our U.S. Warriors here!!!

Enuff for tonite...0530 comes awful early to my ol' bones....

Semper Fi to all from the Sands of Kandahar.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:18 AM

COL - Rumsfeld stepped down will this have any impact on the decision making in the Middle East?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 11-11-2006, 02:29 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Quote:
Arrow...no matter how much media drivel you wade thru, it just doesn't seem to get it...not the real skinny anyhow. I mean hell, there are things I'm seeing about SWA Vets protesting...whining and crying...YET...a Marine Battalion that is about ready to head back to Iraq just had a mass reenilistment/extension of enlistment ceremony the other day where MORE than 250 young (and not so young) Devil Dogs signed on the dotted line so they could stay with THEIR Battalion and THEIR Buddies...some going back for the THIRD time!!! Yeah, their morale is waaaaaay down as one can tell!!!!

COL,

I heard the very same words coming out of a group of ourPrisoners of War from Vietnam including Col Bud Dayon C-span last night sharing what has been communicated to them by troops in Iraq. It did my heart good to hear these men supporting their younger brothers and theirmission!It was more than a little encouraging and refreshing in complete contrast towhat you correctly sum up as drivel coming from themain stream media. I did find the article you recommended, read it and will pass it on to those that I know will read it. Thank you.

Godspeed & Keep your head low, Sir!

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 11-12-2006, 09:24 AM

Been real busy last few days...a little slow in responding.

Just took some incoming a little bit ago and the net went down right when I was trying to work up some Patriot Files replies...!

Anyway...glad you found the article, Arrow...lot of us thinking along the same lines.

And Boats...the Rummy thing is just waaaaaaay toooooo late for my liking. IMHO, he did more to hurt our Military than any other force in the past 30+ years...just don't know that we'll be able to recover. As for his stepping down having effect on situation over here...maybe...but...the much larger issue is what will happen when the Dems legally (?) begin to hold sway...??!?!?!? I've mentioned before that I'm pretty well fed up with both major parties, but we could really be in for some problems between now and 2008!

As I told some other folks tonite, in an earlier EMail, and altho I truly am concerned about the ongoing issue here in The 'Stan, I'm much more concerned about the goings-on in the States than I am here in The 'Stan! Having been a senior LEO (albeit w/in the Military) I remain very intuned to (and read into) some very close-hold LE Intel...and...WE ARE IN BIG TROUBLE right in our own back yard(s)...!

But then...I could go on and on...so I won't....

Semper Fi from the Sands of Kandahar,
Old 11-12-2006, 09:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Quote:
Originally posted by MARINEVET
Just took some incoming a little bit ago and the net went down right when I was trying to work up some Patriot Files replies...!

.... I'm much more concerned about the goings-on in the States than I am here in The 'Stan! Having been a senior LEO (albeit w/in the Military) I remain very intuned to (and read into) some very close-hold LE Intel...and...WE ARE IN BIG TROUBLE right in our own back yard(s)...!
they hit a computer room or something ... interesting though, you still in the game ... but then, it was your life calling, I guess.

Now, colonel ... I'm 35 years off on the military or civilian acronymns ... 'LEO' ?
Old 11-12-2006, 12:56 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Quote:
As I told some other folks tonite, in an earlier EMail, and altho I truly am concerned about the ongoing issue here in The 'Stan, I'm much more concerned about the goings-on in the States than I am here in The 'Stan! Having been a senior LEO (albeit w/in the Military) I remain very intuned to (and read into) some very close-hold LE Intel...and...WE ARE IN BIG TROUBLE right in our own back yard(s)...! ~MarineVet~

COL,

Roger that, not a doubt in my mind!

Arrow>>>>>>

Old 11-12-2006, 03:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

FYI (4 your info),

LEO = Law Enforcement Officer I think?