The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2004, 06:39 AM

It's so disturbing to see how today's kid's have such reckless abandon for the lives of others. And to think a teenager's parent would have so little to do with their child they could miss this coming; however, the mother is NOT responsible for her son's actions, he's the one that walked out of the home with the weapon, and the ammo with the intent to kill another. If you buy your child a car and they run down and kill someone are you the one responsible for buying the car? Nope same applies here. We are all responsible for our own actions.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2004, 11:27 AM

Default If I buy my child a car..

And do not teach that child the proper and safe usage and to understand the repercussions of missuse then YES I am responsible. To purchase a vehicle and give a kid the keys and turn them loose on the streets is no different than what this mother did. She purchased a gun for a child whose mental state was questionable (remember he was under a doctor's care at the time). She was fully aware of his depression and when she bought the gun she failed to enroll him in any kind of gun/hunter safety course. I will not state that such a course would have stopped this from happening, but at least then she could have some statement to the affect that she attempted to teach him right from wrong.
There is no way I would ever purchase a weapon for any of my children and not teach them the proper safe use.

But then here we are again at "common sense" which I must be in the minority to have it.

I am not antigun. In fact I own a few and come from a family of hunters. However, I am a strong advocate of proper training and parental responsibility.
My child beats up kids at school and calls them racial names...am I responsible to teach that child that this is unacceptable behavior and take steps to correct that child? HELL YEAH!

Part of the problems in our society today stem directly from a real lack of parental involvement and lack of responsibility!
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote