The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2004, 04:38 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Kamikaze Politics

I don?t believe that I have ever heard a national-level politician place personal agenda above national survival - that is, until 11 September 2001! Although gaffs and faux pas are human, even amidst the high and mighty, to ask how the attack against American Homeland Targets affected overseas personal image, almost before questions of casualties surfaced, was crass and uncaring beyond belief!!

But alas, this all-powerful urge to emulate the selfish ?Gods of Olympus? is not limited to any one faction or party! Could you possibly imagine the patriotic ire had Lincoln?s first question after Fort Sumter been: ?Hey, does this mean that I may be out of a job?, or ? Get me to Heck out of Washington D.C., to Hell with the civilian and military casualties??

For that matter, this scenario is not all that far removed! Was not a posh hotel, not far from the Nation?s capitol converted (below ground) to house government in the event of a nuclear attack during the ?Cold War?? Now how many of you, during that same historically dangerous period, had a personal, bomb-proof shelter, replete with dinning facilities, first class medical care, and all the other amenities of the good life? Hey, I guess that it is only fair that those who orchestrate wars seek their own safety and comfort first, at least if you think like a bureaucrat!

"Apparently, and from what I am seeing, some things never really change!?" This is extremely evident all over the media and amidst the in-crowds of politics personified!! And even with the clear and present dangers of dirty bombs, mass terrorism, hostage executions, and maybe even the onset of nuclear holocaust, the political reactions of a few always remains the same - Partial quote: "Well, how does this personally affect (not the nation as a whole), but rather me - the prima donna politico!"

Never have we witnessed more finger pointing and less personal liability for potentially catastrophic screw-ups! And to make matters even worse, politics go on like nothing is amiss. No war, no hunger, no dire financial times, no battlefield deaths, just ?Me, Me, Me, echoed of course by those who would be kings!!

What the Hell ever happened to - " What ever is best for the nation and 'ALL' of her people, regardless of wealth or position?" And when did we abandon the premise of: "Be a good friend to the friendly world, but take care of our own first?" And how about the ageless disclaimer that: "We will never become a flunky to alien powers and finance, the United Nations included!?" And Lastly: "When did we stop leading by example, and become naught but an obedient slave to world whim and demand!?"

Have you ever read the book ?For Whom The Bells Toll?? These lines are prominently echoed within Hemingway?s great novel - [as it appears]

"No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is a peece of a the Continent, a part of the maine; if a Clod bee washed away by the Sea, Europe is the lesse, as well as if a Promontorie were, as well as if a Mannor of thy friends or of thine owne were; any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee!"

So when did even the loss of one of America?s sons or daughters finish a poor second to ego, arrogance, or ambition? If wars must be fought, then let them be fought to secure the liberties and survival of our own people and her true allies first - not to enhance the bottom line of any major, internationally connected, politically friend of (any particular) government, regime or administration! ?We the people? must continue to mean - WE THE PEOPLE, all of the people, all of the time!!?

And how dare any political entity declare a premature victory, many, many thousands of miles away from the ongoing blood bath, secure on some friendly man of war, or gloat while counting pickles and Ketchup profits from some posh mansion on Beacon Hill - especially when the enemies of Americana have no such peaceful intentions, nor have they agreed to a halt of terror (wishful thinking I fear, from shallow and self-centered demigods)!!

So who is the best man for the upcoming challenges that now face our nation and her people? For that matter, is there a better man, or even a man who knows for sure what in the Hell he does for a living, outside of saber rattling, banquet duties, polishing his own tainted image, or demanding blind obedience and worship from the little people!?

Is the President of the nation yet the servant of we the people, or have we (Congress Included) become the obedient servants of but a single, overly self-indulgent and eternally zealous master!? And again, presidents, monarchs, kings and wanna-be gods, seldom suffer the same fate as does those who follow! We trust, and that trust must be reciprocal and worthy of the sacrifices rendered upon the alters of time, war and freedom, and not just upon the bank books or stock reports of users, usurpers or fair-weather leaders or friends!

?Who am I talking about here?, or does the image reflect the worse of both parties - ?ONLY TIME WILL TELL?!? That is of course, if any of us are around to observe the end tally! ?I, for one, respect good and equal government, but bow to no one, save for God Himself!!?

The First Tuesday of November (quickly) This Way Comes - ?CHOOSE WISELY, YOUR LIFE AND FREEDOMS MAY DEPEND UPON IT!!?

VERITAS