The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2005, 04:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Mrs. Sheehan, IVAW and Michael Moore

Here we go again friends and neighbors... this from Michael Moore's website as referenced on this evening's O'Reilly program:

It is extremely clear to me now that the Left has come to the conclusion that the tactics they perceive were effective in "ending" the Vietnam war, are going to be effective in ending this one. They are mistaken, perilously so.

Sound familiar?

Link
http://www.ivaw.net/

The IVAW Mission Statement

"Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW) is a group of veterans who have served since September 11th, 2001 including Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. We are committed to saving lives and ending the violence in Iraq by an immediate withdrawal of all occupying forces. We also believe that the governments that sponsored these wars are indebted to the men and women who were forced to fight them and must give their Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen the benefits that are owed to them upon their return home.

We welcome all active duty, national guard, reservists, and recent veterans into our ranks. Confidentiality can be assured. What does this mean? To join IVAW please send an email to ivaqvet@mail.com.

Contact Information
IVAW
P.O. Box 8296
Philadelphia, PA

Phone: 215-241-7123
E-mail: ivaw@ivaw.net "
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2005, 11:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Here we go again , I guess ole' Micky Moore will have himself a winters soldiers conferance this winter at John Kerry's House
Old 08-16-2005, 05:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Several interesting facts about this poor, misguided woman:

1. Her own family has told her to cease and desist from her anti-American, anti-war diatribe.

2. Her actions condemn her own departed son as an idiot and moron and loser for ever having enlisted, much less re-enlisted in the first place. Perhaps his restless soul will come back to haunt her and help straighten her out.

3. It's a free country, and no law against acting stupidly.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-17-2005, 07:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

[Carl Morgan is a student at Texas State University, formerly known as "Southwest Texas State," located in nearby San Marcos, TX]

Carl Morgan: Politics of protest

War protesters say they want debate and dissent, but only if it's their debate and dissent

CRAWFORD ? I guess we made a wrong turn.

This became obvious when a Secret Service agent approached the car and asked what we wanted. We were too close to President Bush's ranch.

According to radio station KLIF-AM (570), we were to park at Bubba's house (no joke) and meet with other Bush supporters to counter Cindy Sheehan's cooperation with increasingly distasteful anti-war groups. I was with six Protest Warriors, a conservative group that "protests the protesters."

When we explained this to the Secret Service agent, she became amicable ? smiled even ? and was extremely helpful. This was emblematic of every law-enforcement officer we encountered.

We passed through a carnival of anti-war tents and tables, protesters strutting fearlessly in front of us, before we could find parking and I could start doing what I'd set out to do: talk to people. I asked a supporter of Cindy Sheehan whether I could talk to him. He refused ? unless I could show him a press pass.

Unfortunately, student journalists don't get press passes, and he wouldn't accept my college ID. In fact, no Sheehan supporter would give his or her name, let alone talk. I had arrived with the Protest Warriors, but I carried no sign and wasn't acting obnoxiously conservative, unless an unmarked shirt and jeans scream conservatism. I had wanted to hear both sides. Instead, I was faced with considerable hostility.

Finally, a girl started talking to me ? and she made a lot of sense. "Everybody has a right to be here," she said. But before she could go any further, a man whispered to her: "They're Freepers. You don't need to be talking to them." A "Freeper" is a member of the online conservative news site FreeRepublic.com.

Then I met Gary Qualls, whose son was killed in the battle for Fallujah. He wore his son's boot tags and handed out information regarding his death. He received little media attention and was visibly upset when relating his son's story. He also had to bear witness to his son's name on a cross set out by war protesters along the road.

Ms. Sheehan and her supporters are asking the media and the country to probe Mr. Bush with challenging and adversarial questions. But how can they expect Mr. Bush to answer, when they will not?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-17-2005, 08:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

What the Texas State University student experienced is called unilateral, uni-polar diversity wherein the most diverse only speak unilaterally and in a strictly uni-polar fashion. Bi-polar or multi-polar diversity is therefore non congruent and a tangential/oblique concept that does not join in a co-equal, two-dimensional plane array.

In other words, the time-tested thesis is that if there is but one wheel, there is no need to worry if it squeaks or even turns or even be concerned about a legitimate concept of a wheel. It can be anything the wheel owner says it is and does not even exist if the owner so-states.

After all, it is as Charlotte told us long ago; some are less equal than others, especially when saying things that go contriary to what the more equal leftist, mega plump, boss hog has to say.

Heck, just ask Jabba Moore about all that; no need to go any further, and I have it on good authority that he gets his blinding lights from some stuffed mummy someplace near Moscow?s Red Square. Cant recall the name of the oldie-moldy stuffed sage just now, but it will come to me.

Scamp
Old 08-18-2005, 04:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More info about this pitiful woman

[One of the more notable exceptions to the news is that Cindy Sheehan has met with the President after the loss of her son.]

By Cliff Kincaid and Roger Aronoff
Mrs. Sheehan went from being somewhat critical of the war to believing that the U.S. is on an imperial crusade and that the President himself is an evil man.

The story of Cindy Sheehan is a sad story all the way round. It is sad she lost her son in the Iraq War. It is sad that she is being exploited by far left. It is also sad that she is being exploited by the media and that she seems to enjoy it.

The latest example of this crass exploitation is the August 13 page-one story in the Washington Post about how the anti-war mother has gained "visibility." The Post and other media have given her this "visibility." They are feeding off one another to promote an anti-war agenda.

Sheehan, who once described herself as friendly toward President Bush, now says she wants to personally meet with the President and for him to "tell me that my son died for oil." She wants to say to Bush: "You tell me that my son died to make your friends rich. You tell me my son died to spread the cancer of Pax Americana, imperialism in the Middle East."

As Byron York of National Review noted, Sheehan has also said that without left-wing bloggers promoting her cause, America would already be a "fascist state."

In her view, therefore, an effort to transform the Middle East by creating a democratic state in Iraq has become "imperialism" and "cancer," and the U.S. is itself close to becoming a fascist state. She may be a "crackpot," as Fred Barnes of Fox News commented, but she is also someone to be pitied because she has clearly been brainwashed.

Consider how her views have changed.

Sheehan's son Army Spc. Casey Sheehan was killed in Iraq in April of 2004. And like all families who have lost children serving their country, they are owed our gratitude and respect, and our condolences. Mrs. Sheehan was not happy about how the war was going even last year when she and her family met with Bush. She had criticized the handling of the war, and accused Bush of having "changed his reasons for being over there every time a reason is proven false or an objective reached."

But after meeting with him, she told the Reporter, of Vacaville, California, that "I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis. I know he's very sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith." And being with other families in similar situations apparently made the family feel better. "That was the gift the President gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together," Mrs. Sheehan told the paper.

Mrs. Sheehan went from being somewhat critical of the war to believing that the U.S. is on an imperial crusade and that the President himself is an evil man.

A tip-off as to what happened to Mrs. Sheehan is that she has been blogging on the website of Michael Moore, who is known for his far-left politics, dishonest "documentaries," and comparing the terrorists in Iraq to the Minutemen, the patriots who fought in the American Revolution. One of her blog entries said, "We have such a strong coalition of groups. GSFP, Code Pink, Veterans for Peace, Military Families Speak Out and the Crawford Peace House."

The New York Sun did something the media never do?analyze the groups that have embraced Mrs. Sheehan. It notes that the Crawford Peace House website, for example, includes a photo of the entire nation of Israel identified only as "Palestine." In other words, Israel has been wiped out. The Crawford Peace House also directs people to several other groups, including the National Meditation Center for World Peace.

Mrs. Sheehan has become a media star, writing on her blog, "I did tons of interviews. It looks like I will be on the cover of People Magazine. Time Magazine, Vanity Fair and Oprah's magazine will be interviewing me also."

One can assume that these news organizations will neglect the critical matter of how Mrs. Sheehan has become, in effect, a hostage of far-left elements.

The Sheehan family is itself divided. The Drudge Report posted an email from other members of the Sheehan family, including Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins, who said in part that "We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect."

True respect for Casey Sheehan's sacrifice also requires exposing those who want the U.S. to fail and the terrorists in Iraq to win. Is this now Cindy Sheehan's notion of "peace?" Why don't reporters ask her? Or are they afraid of the answer?

Old 08-18-2005, 11:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

It'll be interesting to see how, when and why the "road seige of Crawford, Texas" ends.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Blue

A massive counter-protest is being organized even as we speak. It will have bunches of families of Iraqi Freedom warriors in attendance, people whose voices need to be heard over the shrill whining of this pitiable bunch.

Old 08-18-2005, 04:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Though I have great empathy and identification for a parent that looses a child, I?m having significant difficulty connecting the rhetoric with bereavement. Fact is, I?m not sure there is a connect aside from the bereaved Mom being someone?s useful idiot. Much of her stuff harkens to the vile rants of Anglia Davis, Abe Hoffman and that bunch of candy ass, foul-mouthed, revolutionaries.

Perhaps contemporary youngsters reckon they are hearing fresh stuff but, ay no, ancient stuff that?s been refreshed and re-treaded is all, and all recently hammer-forged in Berkeley I might add. I really didn?t know she has been on the trail so long and had been serving up such foul mouthed rhetoric before coming on the scene in Crawford. But that is the case so my lesson for the day is to not be taken in by my own heartache and presume that some kind of spontaneous bereavement deal is happening.

I don?t know how far this particular movement will go, if it goes at all, but one thing is for certain and those are the absolute consequences. The Vietnam anti-war movement got a free ride because there were no consequences except to a few million poor souls who were mercilessly and summarily butchered in the aftermath. And of course, the victims were merely Asians and their suffering and brutalization was easily swept under the carpet, denied and ignored by Fonda and her warren of Hollywood limousine revolutionaries. It won?t be so easy to shine it on this time around because there are direct threats and consequences coming right down the track at all of us. 9/11 just kicked things in high gear, and there was plenty of running, screaming and dying going on well before that event, plenty, and plenty more to come.
At present and in the near future it is only a question as to who is serving up the consequences, where and when, certainly not a question of consequences happening. Those like Sheehan who promote those kinds of consequences on this land will find their own set of consequences sooner or later. No free rides for foul-mouthed cowards this time around, nope, so perhaps Sheehan needs to examine the company she keeps.

Scamp
Old 08-18-2005, 04:46 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Amen Scamp...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."