The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Warriors Saloon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2004, 07:48 PM

Exclamation This oughta get you goin'....

I believe any thoughtful veteran who looks into the incident which I will provide in links (below) will join the growing San Diego veteran community in supporting the cause, and help it get the proper attention it needs.

In a nutshell... a veterans motorcycle club had the entire City of San Diego's blessing to have a fundraising event for the Make-a-wish foundation, the Veterans Museum, the Chula Vista Veterans Home, and victims of our terrible fires in San Diego...the event WAS slated for March 20, '04... This noble event was squashed by one Parks and Recs guy who said they would have to cancel because of a massive Anti-War Rally, part of a global Anti-War Rally day next weekend.

Those interested in seeing the specifics, and how this brush fire is quickly turning into a raging battle, see the following website for the motorcycle club's event...
www.biketoberwest.com (SEE: "Click here for details")

The lady (a vet, and daughter of a Chosen Few vet) who is the organizer has posted her entire email correspondence chain to all party's involved including the Mayor of San Diego. (...hittin' the fan)

I believe they were expecting 20-30 thousand bikers...and now their a bit upset.

HB
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links